Two paths

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Two paths

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:59 pm
Stop bringing your redpill-type nonsense here.
I don't agree with the Red Pill movement. I don't like to play victim.

Why do you bring up your extreme feminist-type nonsense here?
:lol:
Marcus wrote:
The evidence suggests that young people adapt to new demographic realities by increasingly forming unions in which wives have the educational advantage, leading to substantial declines in the historical hypergamic pattern.

There is a substantial decline, but it's still there.

"Women are much pickier than men in their choice of potential romantic partners, although both men and women prefer people with more education and income on average. Men with high income and education are disproportionately preferred by women"
https://ifstudies.org/blog/on-internet- ... -education

" Moreover other factors that reduce the pool for educated women is that some men, in general, are less likely to primarily look for partners in their educational levels. For them, this attribute is not a factor"
https://blogs.pugetsound.edu/econ/2020/ ... find-love/
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Chap wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:30 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:31 pm
Why are career [people] fixated on status?
The clue is in the name: a career person is someone who considers it very important to win progression in their career path. So, by definition, a "career person' will think about status a lot. It's not that hard, surely?
That's fine, but why would an educated and successful career woman need a successful man who makes a lot of money?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:35 am
Marcus wrote:
Stop bringing your redpill-type nonsense here.
I don't agree with the Red Pill movement. I don't like to play victim…
And yet you continue to follow exactly the path, posting exactly in the manner described, bringing up exactly the same (misguided) topics under discussion in the movements noted, with the same bad research and the same faulty logic.

The bolded part below describes virtually every thread you start here:
The major contemporary secular male supremacist movements—PUAs, men’s rights activists, The Red Pill, and Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW)—all use this [redpill] terminology to describe their “realization” that men do not hold systemic power or privilege. Instead, they awaken to the “truth” that socially, economically, and sexually men are at the whims of women’s (and feminists’) power and desires.

…The Red Pill terminology grew in male supremacist forums and was adopted more broadly by far-right and white supremacist groups to describe their own versions of awakenings, conspiracist worldviews that often overlaps with male supremacist positions, such as antifeminism.

…Beginning around 2016, misogynist incel forums began to shift from a Red Pill to an increasing “Black Pill” mentality. This belief system accepts the Red Pill view of society dominated by women but rejects individual-level attempts …to achieve a sexual relationship with women as misguided, asserting that only change at a societal level has the possibility to be effective….

misogynist incels and male supremacism
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:37 am
That's fine, but why would an educated and successful career woman need a successful man who makes a lot of money?
It's a reproductive strategy. Millions of years of evolution have conditioned her to harvest the sperm of the male whose offspring is most likely to survive.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

How would you define the word marriage? You could say I was once married not long ago. I had stepson, I loved it him very much at the time.

Just for the record.
Marriage doesn't mean much anymore. Governor Ronald Reagan was the first to sign no fault divorces into law. The marriage contract is not much different than cohabitation. Divorce is a bad deal for children. The erosion and even destruction of the marriage institution and the traditional family unit is a big part of the chaos that exists in our society. But I would maintain that abortion is still a worse deal for the children than divorce.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:59 pm
How would you define the word marriage? You could say I was once married not long ago. I had stepson, I loved it him very much at the time.

Just for the record.
Marriage doesn't mean much anymore.
You’re projecting again.
Governor Ronald Reagan was the first to sign no fault divorces into law.
Just to clarify this is in the US. No-fault divorces were around, in some cases, for quite a while in different areas of the world.
The marriage contract is not much different than cohabitation.

-_-
Divorce is a bad deal for children.
Bad parenting and absentee parents are a bad deal for children. You have a solution for that?
The erosion and even destruction of the marriage institution and the traditional family unit is a big part of the chaos that exists in our society.
No one is destroying the “marriage institution.” People are free to be married for as long as they like.
But I would maintain that abortion is still a worse deal for the children than divorce.
-_-

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:02 am
Hawkeye wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:23 pm
Now if you think the above are just the foolish imaginations of a crazy man, I'd suggest that no relationship at all might be the happier choice for you.
You may be right! I sometimes wish I could simply upload my mind to a computer. I am trying to be happy without having great friends.
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:04 am

Just for the record.
I'd also say to stop listening to these nitwits who seem to think you're a degenerate oddball because you have women troubles. Your case is not at all uncommon for men. Even alpha males like Tom Brady have terrible women problems. Contrary to popular belief, they don't live in perpetual marital bliss either.

Listen to these. It might help you feel better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXyxFMbqKYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMSIR210mRg
Last edited by Hawkeye on Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:31 pm
Why are career [people] fixated on status?
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:37 am
Chap wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:30 pm
The clue is in the name: a career person is someone who considers it very important to win progression in their career path. So, by definition, a "career person' will think about status a lot. It's not that hard, surely?
Because many people* feel more comfortable with a partner who is likely to understand their approach to life, and can relate to them on equal terms.

*To save time, please note that I did not say "all people".
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Because 2-income earners are now setting house prices, and a man making less money might mean she pays him alimony.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:49 pm
I'd also say to stop listening to these nitwits who seem to think you're a degenerate oddball because you have women troubles. Your case is not at all uncommon for men.
You are right, I wonder if they are simply trolling. They probably enjoy trying to make me feel bad.
Marcus wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:51 am
…The Red Pill terminology grew in male supremacist forums and was adopted more broadly by far-right and white supremacist groups to describe their own versions of awakenings, conspiracist worldviews that often overlaps with male supremacist positions, such as antifeminism.
I am not a far-right conspiracy theorist and I do not agree with the Red Pill movement.
Marcus wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:51 am
The bolded part below describes virtually every thread you start here:
You mean the diabetes threads? :roll:
How many threads about relationships have I started this year?
Gadianton wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:27 pm
Because 2-income earners are now setting house prices, and a man making less money might mean she pays him alimony.
:lol: That's an interesting theory.