Minister Orders Inquiry Into 4,000 % Rise In Children Wanting To Change Sex

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Wallaby Lover
Nursery

Minister Orders Inquiry Into 4,000 % Rise In Children Wanting To Change Sex

Post by Wallaby Lover »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... n-wanting/

Anyone ready to explain the article and provide an explanation for why more young people are choosing to alter their sex? It fits into the liberal agenda, in my opinion.
canpakes
God

Re: Minister Orders Inquiry Into 4,000 % Rise In Children Wanting To Change Sex

Post by canpakes »

Wallaby Lover wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:32 am

Anyone ready to explain the article and provide an explanation for why more young people are choosing to alter their sex? It fits into the liberal agenda, in my opinion.
Sure. Please send me the money to buy the subscription. I promise that I’ll use it to subscribe and read the article. Cross my heart.
Wallaby Lover
Nursery

Post by Wallaby Lover »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:39 am
Wallaby Lover wrote:

Sure. Please send me the money to buy the subscription. I promise that I’ll use it to subscribe and read the article. Cross my heart.
I am able to view the article.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

this is from 2018, so there should have been plenty of time for the inquiry to happen. Did the inquiry happen Wallaby? If so, what was the result of the inquiry?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Wallaby Lover wrote:

Of course you think it does. You hate liberals and so you assign things you don’t like into your “liberal” dumpster. There is nothing about liberalism that says “everyone should have gender affirming surgery.”
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:39 am
Wallaby Lover wrote:

Of course you think it does. You hate liberals and so you assign things you don’t like into your “liberal” dumpster. There is nothing about liberalism that says “everyone should have gender affirming surgery.”
Let’s not forget the religionists keep cutting bits of baby dicks off, so ….

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:48 am
Res Ipsa wrote:

- Doc
I don’t see circumcision as being similar to surgical transition.
he/him

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:55 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:48 am

- Doc
No one said it’s similar. The argument from these guys on the Right are that kids are too young to consent to transitioning, or at least understand what they’re doing. Yet cutting off baby foreskins is cool because *reasons*. I’m sure more than a few men would prefer to have kept their dicks intact, but they don’t have a problem letting parents make that choice for their kids. There’s a lack of reasoning involved when it comes to their own actions and the actions of others they want to control.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:12 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:55 am

No one said it’s similar. The argument from these guys on the Right are that kids are too young to consent to transitioning, or at least understand what they’re doing. Yet cutting off baby foreskins is cool because *reasons*. I’m sure more than a few men would prefer to have kept their dicks intact, but they don’t have a problem letting parents make that choice for their kids. There’s a lack of reasoning involved when it comes to their own actions and the actions of others they want to control.

- Doc
Oh, sure. There’s definitely a disconnect when it comes to decisions other people make about their own children.
he/him

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Are you using the 2022 update, Res? My copy of the Handbook for Liberals - which I stole from a librarian that was clearly a groomer because there was a book at the library with the word, ‘gay’, in it - clearly mandates gender affirming surgery for all liberals. It’s in the section just after the part discussing veganism and kelp leather.