Backing the Blue

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Backing the Blue

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:34 am
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:30 pm

So you don't find any fault with what the officers did?
I guess these officers thought they could get away with it because they’re white beating the everliving crap out of a white guy:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrest_ ... _Worcester

Video (scroll down a bit):

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex ... -rcna67337

Does Ajax ever make any sense?

- Doc

These look like another case of someone fighting the police, resisting arrest, and enraging the officers to the point that they beat him up. The idea that officers are just randomly confronting, getting physical and killing black people because of this mysterious systemic racism that seems to infect the minds of all races who serve in the police department is what makes no sense. Watch the whole video on most of these and ask yourself, if you or I behaved this way, ran, resisted arrest, etc would we really be that surprised if the cops started getting physical with me?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Here’s just the video so doorknobs don’t get confused:

https://Twitter.com/MitchellMcCoy/statu ... chellMcCoy
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:43 am
honorentheos wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:43 pm
Fixed it for you.
After watching Derek Chauvin get put away for life for doing far less than they did? No, I don't think these five officers thought they would get away with this because they were cops.
ajax, you don't think, period. Yet again, we have here an issue you don't understand and can't engage due to being full of biases and false narratives.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Maybe it's because her speech was brief but for the very first time ever, Kamala Harris made me cry for all the right reasons. Granted it doesn't take much to get to me when people are suffering. I hope others will watch this and think about hammering their representatives to pass the George Floyd Justice and Policing Act.

"Joe Biden will sign it." ~ Kamala Harris

Vice President Kamala Harris speaks at funeral for Tyre Nichols
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhpz6mZn_fI
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ajax, are you a cubs fan by chance?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Cubs Fan wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:41 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:52 am
These look like another case of someone fighting the police, resisting arrest, and enraging the officers to the point that they beat him up. The idea that officers are just randomly confronting, getting physical and killing black people because of this mysterious systemic racism that seems to infect the minds of all races who serve in the police department is what makes no sense. Watch the whole video on most of these and ask yourself, if you or I behaved this way, ran, resisted arrest, etc would we really be that surprised if the cops started getting physical with me?
He ran, didn't follow instructions, and resisted the officers during the entire interaction, of course he's going to get beat up. Once he was in custody not one officer mistreated him.

What we're witnessing is what it's like to live in a society where everyone is a victim and everyone should be scared to live because there's an evil person around every corner. Have you ever heard of the saying "Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, weak men create hard times." The past 40 years liberals have created weak men through their disgusting policies, so now we're going toward hard times. We're still two generations away from a society that will eventually wake-up and understand what weak liberal men have done to a once prospering society. Until then, we're along for the ride, they have been allowed to brainwash multiple generations into believing this country is evil.
I think, you of all people, talking about “strong men” versus “weak men” is rich with irony, since you’re not in control of your life, you’re miserable looking to blame others for your mental health, can’t seem to figure out the most basic tenets of finance, and probably haven’t really done anything stereotypically masculine to any degree that’d matter. Basically you’re a beta hoping more aggressive men than yourself will destroy the country so you can feel good about being a White person. It’s pathetic.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:40 pm
Cubs Fan wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:41 pm
He ran, didn't follow instructions, and resisted the officers during the entire interaction, of course he's going to get beat up. Once he was in custody not one officer mistreated him.

What we're witnessing is what it's like to live in a society where everyone is a victim and everyone should be scared to live because there's an evil person around every corner. Have you ever heard of the saying "Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, weak men create hard times." The past 40 years liberals have created weak men through their disgusting policies, so now we're going toward hard times. We're still two generations away from a society that will eventually wake-up and understand what weak liberal men have done to a once prospering society. Until then, we're along for the ride, they have been allowed to brainwash multiple generations into believing this country is evil.
I think, you of all people, talking about “strong men” versus “weak men” is rich with irony, since you’re not in control of your life, you’re miserable looking to blame others for your mental health, can’t seem to figure out the most basic tenets of finance, and probably haven’t really done anything stereotypically masculine to any degree that’d matter. Basically you’re a beta hoping more aggressive men than yourself will destroy the country so you can feel good about being a White person. It’s pathetic.

- Doc
Who do you think you're talking to right now? But I do agree that hard times create strong men.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

Martin Avery wrote: At the death of one personality, a new one comes into being, much as the flame of a dying candle can serve to light the flame of another.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Martin Avery wrote: At the death of one personality, a new one comes into being, much as the flame of a dying candle can serve to light the flame of another.
Deja vu all over again.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

"Don't tread on me!"

Also.

"Just comply."