If anyone is alone this Christmas and has nobody to spend it with, please let me know.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

If anyone is alone this Christmas and has nobody to spend it with, please let me know.

Post by doubtingthomas »

I really need to borrow some chairs.
https://Twitter.com/dadsaysjokes/status ... 7561099266
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Re: If anyone is alone this Christmas and has nobody to spend it with, please let me know.

Post by doubtingthomas »

I am just kidding. :lol:

I'll be entirely alone this Christmas. I wonder if anyone else here is also going to be alone?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Gunnar
God

Re: If anyone is alone this Christmas and has nobody to spend it with, please let me know.

Post by Gunnar »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:35 am

I'll be completely alone this Christmas. Anyone else here who is also going to be alone?
I'm sincerely sorry to hear that, DT. I hope you can still find a caring friend or loved one to spend at least part of the holidays with.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I admit, there is a small part of me that wishes I were holed up in a hotel all alone for the next few days and just opt out entirely. It's because some things aren't going the way I had hoped. That said, I am trying to accept things the way they are and seek the joy that there is. (Insert Serenity prayer. )

DT I will come on tomorrow and Christmas Day. No one needs to be alone (unless they want to) on Christmas so long as MDB exists.

8-)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

doubtingthomas wrote:

I'll be entirely alone this Christmas. I wonder if anyone else here is also going to be alone?
I'm sorry to hear that. I have good times and bad times in my family. Right now I'm blessed with a good time. In years past I would have envied you for being alone on Christmas. The only perfect friend you'll ever have is Jesus and you don't have to wait until your dead to have a relationship with Him. Once you relearn how to commune with Him spiritually, you'll never be alone again.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

doubtingthomas wrote:

OK - it is not ideal, but it helps to be very nice to yourself, give yourself treats, and serve yourself special food on a properly laid table, maybe with a bit of holly! Pretend you are your own invisible friend, and do for yourself what you would like them to do for you!

And then try going out, finding a down and out stranger, and give them something good, with Christmas wishes. It will do you good too.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Chap wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:37 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:

OK - it is not ideal, but it helps to be very nice to yourself, give yourself treats, and serve yourself special food on a properly laid table, maybe with a bit of holly! Pretend you are your own invisible friend, and do for yourself what you would like them to do for you!

And then try going out, finding a down and out stranger, and give them something good, with Christmas wishes. It will do you good too.
Chap has great advice for you here, Thomas.

Know that you’re not alone. Many here have had to do this more times than you can count. Take joy in the small things that make your day: the flavors, textures, and smells. Set up a ritual and follow it.

When my New Yorker Jewish daughter was alone, she used to go to a movie and order Chinese food on Christmas.

Be well, Thomas. Happy Holidays.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Morley wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:35 pm

When my New Yorker Jewish daughter was alone, she used to go to a movie and order Chinese food on Christmas.

Be well, Thomas. Happy Holidays.
Great idea, I'll probably go to the movie theater tomorrow. I was at McDonald's :lol:

Ever seen a computer inside another computer before?

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:44 am
I'm sincerely sorry to hear that, DT. I hope you can still find a caring friend or loved one to spend at least part of the holidays with.
Thanks, it's alright, it is what it is.
Chap wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:37 pm
OK - it is not ideal, but it helps to be very nice to yourself, give yourself treats, and serve yourself special food on a properly laid table,
Will do. I swear I rarely go to McDonald's, I almost always eat healthy.

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:59 am
I admit, there is a small part of me that wishes I were holed up in a hotel all alone for the next few days and just opt out entirely. It's because some things aren't going the way I had hoped. That said, I am trying to accept things the way they are and seek the joy that there is. (Insert Serenity prayer. )

DT I will come on tomorrow and Christmas Day. No one needs to be alone (unless they want to) on Christmas so long as MDB exists.

8-)
I am sorry to hear that.

Thank you, I appreciate that.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:51 am

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:59 am

8-)
I am sorry to hear that.

Thank you, I appreciate that.
I'll be fine. It's just a bump in the road after what seems like a long series of bumps. But...I have had an enormous blessing this evening! :) I agree with others who essentially said to be kind to yourself and find another person you can be generous to. If you feel this season is about giving, as I do when I consider the gift of Jesus' entrance into human history, I think you can see the wisdom in blessing someone else. Even if you do not believe Jesus, you can still be boots on the ground and extend a hand to someone else.

What is up with that computer? :shock:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

No DT? I guess he found something good to do on his Christmas day! Ho Ho Ho!🎅

Slava Ukraini!