Abuse and Power by Carter Page

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Re: Abuse and Power by Carter Paige

Post by Hawkeye »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:13 pm
Republicans only pretend to back the blue and be the law and justice party only when the police aren't arresting and investigating Republicans, which happens constantly. It's fascism they back, not the blue.

# 👮🚔🐕‍🦺 💗
You mean James Comey, who was never charged for his leaks to the press, nor for ignoring exculpatory evidence against Carter Paige? This book demonstrates how clearly Democrats have weaponized the justice department against any political opposition. No intellectually honest person can read this book and still contend that the US Department of Justice is not a partisan politically motivated institution.

As a left brained person I once saw our laws as a black and white, right or wrong. But the increasingly more common reality is that the law is bent and made crooked depending on how much money you have, how good your lawyer is, the politics of the jury pool, or which president appointed the judge. Even the innocent are bankrupted by the process. Carter Paige refused to hire an attorney because he had nothing to hide, but the leaks and attacks in the media still managed to ruin his business not to mention an enormous amount of time spent fighting the bastards. I'll even admit that quite possibly a majority of voters in the US approved of the actions of the special counsel in the Russian Collusion hoax, but even a majority in a public opinion poll doesn't make it right nor ethical, nor any less disgusting. It doesn't change the fact that it was a hoax and those responsible for it knew it was a hoax.

Funny that the country they claim was responsible for getting Trump elected had a head of secret police very much in line with the ethics of James Comey.

I think one difficult argument against Christianity is that in accepting that only God can bring people like Comey, Schiff, or Weissman to justice, we relegate ourselves to waiting for justice in the next world and do nothing to advance the cause of justice in the world we are in . The more they lied and the more they leaked, the more popular congressional Democrats became in their dark blue districts. And it just keeps getting worse.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

There was some slimy stuff with some at the FBI though. Fortunately, the main turd (Kevin Clinesmith) is likely still working through the community service side of his sentence.
[/quote]

Sussman got away with 1 year probation for doctoring an email that the FBI hacked from Carter Page to continue wiretapping his phones thanks to being tried in a D.C. court.
“It had been a mystery to me how MSNBC always miraculously knew about/was well staked-out for my Hart Senate Office Building visits, despite my best efforts to stay undercover,” tweeted Carter Page. (Associated Press) more >

Former Trump campaign volunteer Carter Page has been pursued by Christopher Steele and his dossier, the FBI, Democrats and Russia collusion-minded media.

He has proclaimed his innocence throughout the two-year inquisition.

Last week, he learned he had another adversary, this one hidden.

A federal indictment showed that James A. Wolfe, director of security for the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, was leaking secret anti-Page information to the press. His favorite recipient was reporter Ali Watkins, who quickly rose through the Washington journalism thicket from college intern to New York Times reporter at age 26.

The indictment against Mr. Wolfe, 57, said he had a romantic relationship with Ms. Watkins from December 2013, when she was an intern, to December 2017. Two plot twists that month: She won a job at The New York Times, and the FBI confronted Mr. Wolfe. The indictment charges him with three counts of lying when he denied leaking to reporters.
Wolfe ended up going to jail for 2 months for this. Compare that to what Michael Flynn got for falling into one of Comey's perjury traps. Do you know if Ali Watkins is still climbing the corporate ladder at MSNBC or another job in the mainstream media?

Yeah, Page wasn't ultimately able to bring Comey to justice in civil court for ignoring exculpatory evidence in order to continue wiretapping and hacking Page's emails. But after hundreds of hours being grilled by Schiff and Mueller's special counsel and without even hiring a defense attorney, the special counsel was never able to ensnare Carter Page in a perjury trap. I still have a hard time believing this. I know it cuts against my legal realist POV, but with unlimited money, brilliant special counsel lawyers, and unlimited power offered by an attorney general desperate to take down Donald Trump, and a 24hr/day libel campaign by the mainstream media the special counsel was never were able to trip him up on his testimony and get the long prison sentence they fantasized about for so long.

Carter Page is fluent in Russian and was criticized and convicted in the media as being pro Putin because he dared to consider the Russian peoples POV with NATO advancement and advocate a peace that would have benefited both the US and Russia in a nonpolitical academic setting that had no connection to the Trump campaign. It now makes sense that this is what Trump meant in his speech when he said, "What if we could get along with Russia and work together." Page rejected Ted Cruz's view that we could not work with Russia. But this is where we're at with free speech in this country, the thought police, and the criminalization of political opinion.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

As usual, Ajax-Hawkeye doesn’t know what the “F” he’s talking about, and is regurgitating propaganda made by idiots for idiots. Here’s Page’s relevant timeline and interactions:

https://www.justsecurity.org/46786/time ... ts-russia/

Once again, Republicans only pretend to be the Party of law and justice. They do illegal crap constantly, expect to get away with it, and when they don’t they howl about government overreach and their simple-minded simps lap that crap up because they wish they could be shitbags, too. They have exactly zero understanding of governance and why doing what the modern GOP does is incredibly dangerous.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:00 pm
I only paid $15 for the credit.
Still 12 dollars too much.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:06 am
As a left brained person I once saw our laws as a black and white, right or wrong. But the increasingly more common reality is that the law is bent and made crooked depending on how much money you have, how good your lawyer is, the politics of the jury pool, or which president appointed the judge.
You still see the law as black and white, inasmuch as you believe and promote that the law is controlled solely by one party, to the consistent detriment of the other.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

I’m going to quote Honor here:
honorentheos wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:21 am
When I read the above it strikes me that they are both using "liberty" as a substitute for, "consequence free". I had been wondering why the comments made a pair out of liberty and democracy. Democracy being a means of establishing sovereignty, it makes more sense Source 1 contrasts it with another means - authoritarianism - to claim the latter better produces the results he favors. Of course parties who have the favor of an authoritarian power enjoy greater "freedom" to do whatever they like without consequence so long as they avoid upsetting the authoritarian power.

Likewise, a robber baron is going to advocate for maximum freedom from unwanted consequences over being accountable to any sovereign, whether that be the People's law established in a Constitution, a king, or even looser forms of informal power through collective action.

Interesting. It reminds me of someone who confuses consequence - free speech with freedom of speech, proclaiming any consequence they obtained from their speech they don't like to be censoring. A person has to be a special kind of stupid to think that way, but they are down there nonetheless.
This is what the GOP fights for. They truly believe the powerful should be unencumbered by pesky things like oversight, regulations, etc. The free market can’t stop humans from bad processes, but rather encourages it. Simps like Ajax-Hawkeye simply can’t think beyond Fox memes and people telling him pleasant lies because Jesus or taxes or whatever dumb-as-crap larp he’s pretending is real.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:23 pm
As usual, Ajax-Hawkeye doesn’t know what the “F” he’s talking about, and is regurgitating propaganda made by idiots for idiots. Here’s Page’s relevant timeline and interactions:

https://www.justsecurity.org/46786/time ... ts-russia/

Once again, Republicans only pretend to be the Party of law and justice. They do illegal crap constantly, expect to get away with it, and when they don’t they howl about government overreach and their simple-minded simps lap that crap up because they wish they could be shitbags, too. They have exactly zero understanding of governance and why doing what the modern GOP does is incredibly dangerous.

- Doc
Were you the one on the Oklahoma phone number cussing Carter Page out and leaving him death threats? Carter got a lot of death threats. Investigators asked if he ever felt unsafe in Russia. Carter pointed out that he had never gotten death threats nor become the focus of a special counsel partisan political effort to put everyone in the opposing political campaign in jail for life in Russia. It was the American government that did this, not the Russians.

The only asset Carter Page ever served for was the United States government, not the Russians. After being unmasked as male 1 by the Obama administration and the mainstream media, the Russians rightfully wouldn't dare trust Carter Paige in business again. Nobody was ever brought to justice for this illegal unmasking that succeeded in destroying Carter's business abroad, and obviously ended American benefits of the intelligence he provided the US government. But Democrats have always put election interests above the good of the country.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

-_-
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:20 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:00 pm
I only paid $15 for the credit.
Still 12 dollars too much.
Was the Russia collusion hoax and their weaponization of the Justice Department at the highest levels against the Trump campaign an example of the left fighting by legal means in your opinion?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Veritas, what exactly did you mean when you used to contend that the Obama justice department never wire tapped or hacked the emails of the Trump campaign? As I remember most people on this board were very angry when Trump stated this known fact early on.

Is it just another example of the journalistic ethical standards you applied in the reporting and the the incitement to violence against police officers in the Jacob Blake case? As I remember it your view was that it was all right and good to report that Jacob Blake was unarmed because at the time Officer Sheskey nor the police department could provide proof that Jacob Blake was armed.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.