FOX NEWS IS A DISGRACE

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: FOX NEWS IS A DISGRACE

Post by Vēritās »

Jon Stewart Explains Why Fox News Is Now 'Far More Devious' Than Alex Jones

The comedian slammed the conservative network as a "cultural pathogen."

Jon Stewart compared Fox News with InfoWars host Alex Jones — and argued that Jones is a “far less pernicious influence” on America than Rupert Murdoch’s conservative network.

On the latest episode of his podcast “The Problem With Jon Stewart,” the comedian acknowledged Jones’ history of pushing conspiracy theories and defaming the families of Sandy Hook mass shooting victims, but then argued people know what Jones does and who he is.

“As a cultural pathogen, Fox News is far more powerful, far more devious, far more pernicious and has created far more damage than Alex Jones ever will,” Stewart told University of Utah law professor RonNell Andersen Jones.

“And at least Alex Jones gives you supplements to help offset the damage,” Stewart jokingly added, referencing Jones’ hawking of miracle cures and dietary aides.

“Alex Jones is a wolf in wolf’s clothing,” Stewart said during a lengthy discussion about defamation law and the falsehoods knowingly peddled by personalities on Fox. “Fox News is the opposite,” he added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSyJ-r5IMoI
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:43 am
Fox News anchor Howard Kurtz said he is upset because FOX won't allow him to report on the major news story about FOX's lawsuit with Dominion.

I guess exposing their viewers to the truth on that would hurt their stock price again. So much for their war against censorship.

Compare this to CNN reporting on their own lawsuit with Nick Sandmann. A case in which they decided to settle out of court instead of fighting it to the end. The probably would have won that lawsuit, as Sandmann went on to sue other outlets and lost in court.
Fox is now officially and undeniably proven to regularly censor reports that would conflict with its ideological agenda.

Every single right-wing accusation is a confession. These people have nothing worth saying and it's why all they can do is post childish memes and blathering and interminable YouTube rants.

They're incapable of writing a book of more than 400 pages that propounds a coherent narrative from start to finish. But even if someone were, somehow, able to pull this off, their audience would definitely not read it.

A lunatic Daily Wire host published a book that was blank ("Reasons to Vote for Democrats") and his audience bought it in droves, not realizing that by wasting their money on an empty book, they were the joke:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... are-blank/

Even moderate conservatives generally have nothing to say. All they know is what they don't like. They don't have any affirmative agenda.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

FOX has been known to willingly lie for decades. I remember during the 2008 election the big uproar on FOX was the scare tactic about socialized medicine. They wanted to scare the crap out of everyone about Obama's proposed Affordable Care Act, and despite the obvious fact that it wasn't in any sense "socialized medicine," FOX kept telling its viewers that it would be "government controlled healthcare." In fact a memo was leaked from the FOX talking heads where they were instructed by the executives to never refer to it as anything other than "government controlled healthcare." They all knew it really wasn't, but they pushed the lie anyway because it served their purposes.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Rupert Murdoch admitted to under oath that Fox News willingly lied he said "it is not red or blue, it's green".
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:21 am
And now Ohioans are paying the price for Trump’s venality combined with Pete’s … milqutoastiness?

- Doc
It is hard to enforce regulations that do not exist.

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:57 pm
FOX has been known to willingly lie for decades.
Pretty sure the reason for Fox's existence is to provide an alternative to the real news, and the way to do that is to lie.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

He could’ve challenged the analysis, ordered a proper one done, or really, done any number of measures to undo Trump’s actions. His inaction combined with Trump’s corruption resulted in the common man gulping down chemicals. Tbf, I’m not sure the ECP thing was even on his radar - it seems kind of like one of those issues someone may not be tracking until it blows up in everyone’s faces.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Rupert Murdoch's testimony is batshit crazy. Arguing that yes, FOX Hosts lied, but the FOX Network didn't!

WTF?

And then the plot thickens with this bombshell revealing Rupert Murdoch had illegally given Biden ad information to Jared Kushner before it was supposed to go public, along with debate strategy instructions.
Fox News owner Rupert Murdoch handed Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner “confidential information” about then-Democratic nominee Joe Biden’s 2020 campaign ads before they aired on the conservative network, according to a new court filing.

The leaks provided Kushner, then a Trump White House adviser, with “a preview of Biden’s ads before they were public,” according to court documents released Monday in Dominion Voting Systems’ $1.6-billion defamation suit against Fox News.

“During Trump’s campaign, Rupert provided Trump’s son-in-law and senior advisor, Jared Kushner, with Fox confidential information about Biden’s ads, along with debate strategy,” the filing declared. The filing didn’t elaborate on how Murdoch assisted with “debate strategy.”

Dominion is suing Fox News over unfounded claims pushed by network personalities that the company’s voting machines were used to flip the election in favor of Biden.

Elsewhere in the filing, Murdoch acknowledged Fox News hosts “endorsed” conspiracy theories about Donald Trump winning the 2020 election.

Critics described the Murdoch-Kushner leak as a “bombshell.”

“These actions by Rupert Murdoch seem illegal,” said Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.). “At the very least, it would appear to be a campaign contribution of significant value, well over federal campaign limits.”

“Trump falsely accused Biden of ‘spying on his campaign,’” commented the progressive PAC MeidasTouch. “Today, it was revealed that Trump and Fox News colluded to *actually* spy on Biden’s campaign. Every accusation is always a confession.”
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:20 am
He could’ve challenged the analysis, ordered a proper one done, or really, done any number of measures to undo Trump’s actions. His inaction combined with Trump’s corruption resulted in the common man gulping down chemicals. Tbf, I’m not sure the ECP thing was even on his radar - it seems kind of like one of those issues someone may not be tracking until it blows up in everyone’s faces.

- Doc
I could be wrong but it seems to be that it would be far easier to nullify an existing rule (as Trump did) rather than to implement a new one (as Obama did through a certain process). Could Pete unilaterally do everything you wanted him to? With over 1,000 non-fatal derailments happening every year it seems unreasonable to expect a response from the Feds every time one happened.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

According to the head of the NTSB, the brake regulation is a red herring because, even if the rule implemented during the Obama administration had been in place, it would not have applied to the train that derailed. https://Twitter.com/JenniferHomendy/sta ... 2215547906

Veritas, in general, because both adding a rule and removing a rule are changes to the rules, the mechanics of doing both are roughly the same. The proposed change is announced, followed by a period for review and comment. I believe the process is governed by the Administrative Procedure Act.

If Congress passed a bill that changed the DOTs authority to regulate railroad safety in 2015 (I haven't looked at the law), then it may be harder to reimplement the prior regulation today than it was to eliminate it.

Administrative law gives me hives.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:58 pm
According to the head of the NTSB, the brake regulation is a red herring because, even if the rule implemented during the Obama administration had been in place, it would not have applied to the train that derailed. https://Twitter.com/JenniferHomendy/sta ... 2215547906

Veritas, in general, because both adding a rule and removing a rule are changes to the rules, the mechanics of doing both are roughly the same. The proposed change is announced, followed by a period for review and comment. I believe the process is governed by the Administrative Procedure Act.

If Congress passed a bill that changed the DOTs authority to regulate railroad safety in 2015 (I haven't looked at the law), then it may be harder to reimplement the prior regulation today than it was to eliminate it.

Administrative law gives me hives.
From the link:
To everyone affected: know that @NTSB is working vigorously to understand what caused this train derailment — so it never happens again.
That gives me some hope and relief good people are on the case.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.