doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by doubtingthomas »

Introduction to Megathread (3/15/23):

I said I was no longer going to start new threads about these topics, but I want Marcus to be happy, so I'll create one final thread, a Megathread. The mods are free to merge all the other threads here if they want but don't change the name, please.

As for me, this will be my final post on these topics. I'll get therapy, not because there's something wrong with me, but to simply be happier in life. What Res Ipsa said about training my brain to be happier makes a lot of sense.

Here are my final thoughts.

1. A Journalist and anti-sexual violence activist said that women are too picky these days. She acknowledged that most men are unattractive to women. https://youtu.be/rfZEoy0Q3zE?t=1016

2. A PhD student (James) is researching the manosphere. He says that women are a lot picker these days and that the Red Pill is right about some things. I disagree with the Red Pill on most things, but not everything that the Red Pill says is inaccurate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0omHcJLOtv0
https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-kunz-35ab8b44
https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Day-Debate/dp/B08LMLL5ZH

3. According to OkCupid study, 80% of Men are unattractive to women. The study is not scientific and it may be that men are also very picky. However, keep in mind that a lot of models, sex workers, and scammers target men on dating apps, and that skews the data.

In conclusion,

4. I think all the pickiness will contribute to the birth rate crisis in the US. The pickiness will also contribute to the increased incidence of GDM and childhood diabetes. Lastly, all the pickiness is rapidly increasing the number of single women over 40. There's no need for women to be too picky for the wrong reasons, heterosexual women should give good men like me a chance. Study concludes that the number of female partners is more unequally distributed among heterosexual men than the number of male partners is among heterosexual women.

https://philpapers.org/rec/RSNSLA

End of Introduction

Researcher cites other studies to point out that the lack of romantic partners is bad for your mental health and the lack of sex is a threat to society. The researcher predicts a violence increase in the United States.

The researcher argues that loneliness today is a public health crisis. I blame hypergamy and the fact that young men in their early 20s aren't allowed to talk to younger women. It's society, not the law, that doesn't allow young men in their early 20s to talk to younger women.

A progressive Democrat blames Democrats for the rise of guys like Andrew Tate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vn5zVGGJz4
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Marcus
God

Re: Shocking NEW study compares male virginity to wealth inequality. Researcher says the unequal distribution is a threa

Post by Marcus »

From the OP Link:
Jordan Peterson: societies should alleviate sexual loneliness by enforcing socially-promoted and culturally-inculcated monogamy. 16
And a bit more about that:
Peterson revealed his views in a dynamite New York Times profile last weekend in which he offered what can only be described as a rationale—or more accurately, support—for an already articulated rationale about the alleged killer who drove a van into a crowd, killing 10, and appears to have posted a grandiose mission statement on Facebook that hailed a previous killer driven by the same ideology. And Peterson made it clear, he gets it.

“He was angry at God because women were rejecting him,” Peterson said of the alleged Toronto killer. “The cure for that is enforced monogamy. That’s actually why monogamy emerges.”

With these statements, the University of Toronto psychology professor, bestselling author and sex know-it-all is pretty much saying “I feel your pain, men, we should address that,” and the incels appreciated his approval. “Violent attacks are what happens when men do not have partners,” is how the New York Times’ Nellie Bowles summed up his thoughts. Following custom, his thoughts disregard the staggering number of women who are abused and killed by their partners, often when they try to leave as in “Why didn’t you leave?”

Peterson also offers tacit support for another core incel belief. He endorses the idea that some men are being denied sex because other men are taking all the sex from women who are allowed to choose to give them that sex, and that if something could be done to prevent all this “having sex with people of your choosing” nonsense, some unlucky women would eventually have to settle for the incels. If we could just make that happen, these men would not have to be so “angry at God” and commit mass murder, the argument goes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maclea ... ogamy/amp/
[bolding added]
And this was from 2018. Not 1918, or 1818. But-- 2018.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Re: Shocking NEW study compares male virginity to wealth inequality. Researcher says the unequal distribution is a threa

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

Legalized prostitution solves most of this issue. People who feel they lack sex should be able to buy it, if you actually care about helping them. But if I had to guess, Peterson would retreat to the fainting couch rather than support an idea that empowers women as well as men.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

In what way does this affect you personally, doubtingthomas?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:02 am
I blame hypergamy and the fact that young men in their early 20s aren't allowed to talk to younger women.
My ex-nephew-in-law (the guy who married my wife’s niece) started dating her when she was 17 and he was 22 or 23. Married her when she was 18. He was chronically unemployed, suffered from d3pReSsIoN aNd AnXiEtY, and couldn’t even keep the home and yard clean (oddly he could play video games all day). She divorced him when she matured a bit, and is now with a creative, employed, and contributing partner who’s in his 30’s - she’s ~24, I think.

If Jordan’s plan were enforced she would’ve been condemned to a lifetime of misery to a dude who, in my opinion, preyed on a kid who didn’t know better.

DT, you’ve rejected all advice given to you and continue to exist in this incel headspace. You’re caught in your own gravity well of your own making. Your path will lead to more suffering. Get off it.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:30 am

Jordan Peterson: societies should alleviate sexual loneliness by enforcing socially-promoted and culturally-inculcated monogamy. 16
I disagree with Jordan Peterson on almost everything.

Can we talk about the research study instead?
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:01 am

DT, you’ve rejected all advice given to you and continue to exist in this incel headspace. You’re caught in your own gravity well of your own making. Your path will lead to more suffering. Get off it.

- Doc
A popular progressive Democrat blames Democrats for the rise of Andrew Tate. What do you think about that? Do you agree Democrats are to blame?

"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:51 am
Legalized prostitution solves most of this issue.
It makes sense, but most prostitutes are over 40.
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:10 am
In what way does this affect you personally, doubtingthomas?
Does it always have to be about my personal life? Aren't you worried about more violence in the US?

I want to know your opinion about this.
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:16 pm

A popular progressive Democrat blames Democrats for the rise of Andrew Tate. What do you think about that? Do you agree Democrats are to blame?

Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:01 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:02 am
I blame hypergamy and the fact that young men in their early 20s aren't allowed to talk to younger women.
That highlight is unsettling.
My ex-nephew-in-law (the guy who married my wife’s niece) started dating her when she was 17 and he was 22 or 23. Married her when she was 18. He was chronically unemployed, suffered from d3pReSsIoN aNd AnXiEtY, and couldn’t even keep the home and yard clean (oddly he could play video games all day). She divorced him when she matured a bit, and is now with a creative, employed, and contributing partner who’s in his 30’s - she’s ~24, I think.

If Jordan’s plan were enforced she would’ve been condemned to a lifetime of misery to a dude who, in my opinion, preyed on a kid who didn’t know better.

- Doc
Still the best response in the thread.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:58 pm
That highlight is unsettling.
In most cultures and countries, young men in their early 20s are allowed to talk to younger women, nobody judges them. In the US, the law does allow young men in their early 20s to talk to younger women, it's society that doesn't allow them.

You are doing exactly what a progressive democrat is describing here.

He's right, we should blame Democrats (and feminists like you) for the rise of guys like Tate.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
doubtingthomas
God

Progressive Democrat thinks Democrats are to blame for the rise of Tate

Post by doubtingthomas »

Hopefully someone responds to that.

Changing title.