Every Accusation is a Confession

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Every Accusation is a Confession

Post by Vēritās »

House GOP uses its new power in extraordinary effort to shield Trump from indictment

Donald Trump’s Republican allies in the House are doing what the former president taught them to do – use government power to try to keep his legal threats at bay.

After Trump warned he could be arrested, his allies have been using their new House majority to demand Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s testimony and seek to thwart his investigation relating to an alleged hush money payment to an adult film star before the 2016 election. It looks like an extraordinary attempt to influence an open grand jury investigation.

In fact, the House GOP appears to be using the exact same tactic they accuse the Biden administration, Bragg and any other investigators on Trump’s trail of employing – weaponizing the powers of government to advance a partisan political end.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Every Accusation is a Confession

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

This’ll move the needle exactly 0% for their cultists, and then they’ll claim they’re just doing what the demonrats are doing - fighting deep state fire with deep state fire. Or whatever fart-thought percolates up to their dome in the moment. As long as they say something, anything, then that’s good enough. It’s astonishing, really.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

In the next episode of “This’ll move the needle exactly 0% for them”, the former Florida lawmaker who sponsored the controversial law critics call “Don’t Say Gay” pleaded guilty Tuesday to committing $150,000 in COVID-19 relief fraud.

https://apnews.com/article/florida-lawm ... 820cacd5f7

Just a reminder GOP’ers are against student loan relief because ‘something something personal responsibility’.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Here’s one for our QAnon friends:
A formerly well-connected Republican donor, accused of plying petite, vulnerable teenage girls with cash, liquor and gifts, goes on trial Tuesday on federal charges of sex trafficking minors.

Anton "Tony" Lazzaro is charged with seven counts involving "commercial sex acts" with five minors ages 15 and 16 in 2020, when he was 30 years old. His indictment touched off a political firestorm that led to the downfall of Jennifer Carnahan as chair of the Republican Party of Minnesota.

His co-defendant, Gisela Castro Medina, who formerly led the College Republicans chapter at the University of St. Thomas, pleaded guilty to two counts last year. She is cooperating with prosecutors and will testify against him. She faces sentencing in August.
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/minnesota/n ... ng-minors/
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Tucker Carlson Mocked After Delivering Most Epic Self-Own Of All Time

The Fox News host seemed to be speaking about himself with his brazen new attack on TV "lies."
Fox News personality Tucker Carlson on Wednesday launched an attack on TV hosts who tell “lies” in order to “keep their stupid TV jobs.”

And critics say it sounds a lot like the right-wing channel’s star could be talking about himself.

Carlson, who has admitted to lying, attacked a new United Nations report on climate change that finds the world is rapidly approaching a dangerous temperature threshold. He suggested the fight against climate change is in reality a “coordinated effort by the government of China to hobble the U.S. and the West and take its place as the leader of the world.”
WHoever came up with this phrase, every accusation is a confession, was dead on accurate. HFS how many examples can we think of? Accusing Dems of stealing elections, then they try to steal an election. Whine about pedophilia being a Democrat hobby, meanwhile GOP legislators all round the country are arrested, indicted or imprisoned for sex trafficking. etc
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I the GOP is a very transparent party. As soon as they accuse anyone of anything, I assume that's what next on the GOP agenda.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Whining about voter fraud when most if not all the rare cases of voter fraud is committed by Republicans.

"Lock her up" being chanted for two years only to see their own guy getting indicted.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

"Hunter Biden is abusing his name to get money."

Actually no one has made more money off of their name than Ivanka and Jared. And they were part of the Trump administration, Hunter is a private citizen working in the private sector.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

"The Twitter files is going to show how the Democrats have weaponized social media."

Actually the Twitter files only showed that Trump, not the Democrats, tried to coerce Twitter to ban people who offended him.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

"Democrats try to buy votes by giving away money."

Trump was the first President in history to put his name on stimulus checks as if he had personally written them.