Trump Indicted in Docs Probe

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Trump Indicted in Docs Probe

Post by Vēritās »

352990805_10160001772908650_373583507751050161_n.jpg
352990805_10160001772908650_373583507751050161_n.jpg (48.89 KiB) Viewed 301 times
sggsgsg.jpg
sggsgsg.jpg (58.17 KiB) Viewed 301 times
lyugv.jpeg
lyugv.jpeg (7.23 KiB) Viewed 301 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

One of the things that is really wild to me is that the recording, where he showed people with no reason or clearance, classified documents, said they were classified, and said that he lacked the ability to declassify them...

... it was recorded with his knowledge and consent. He essentially did this "on the record." It's hard to imagine what stuff he has shown and told to loyalists willy-nilly behind closed doors.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:20 pm
One of the things that is really wild to me is that the recording, where he showed people with no reason or clearance, classified documents, said they were classified, and said that he lacked the ability to declassify them...

... it was recorded with his knowledge and consent. He essentially did this "on the record." It's hard to imagine what stuff he has shown and told to loyalists willy-nilly behind closed doors.
He's a child, never having grown out of testing his limits, and that's because he's always gotten away with things (and because he's a child). It seems to me he just gets more daring because he thinks he's invincible.

He has to go to jail to show him he can't get away with anything, or he'll never stop. He'll only get more brazen.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:20 pm
ETA: It appears the special counsel that signed the indictment was a Trump nominee/appointee for Middle District of Tennessee in 2017, if I'm understanding internet spelunking correctly. That deep state, is rascally.
Correction on this. He was the acting Attorney for the District, after Trump did a mass purge of any Obama appointed lawyers.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:48 pm
So predictable. The only reason Trump is running again is because he thinks he can use it to stay out of jail. This was always his strategy and it has been talked about in the media since he lost the election. We've known about his impending indictments for years now and we've also understood the purpose of the House GOP's bogus "Biden Document" probe was just an attempt to distract from all of this.
I have strongly suspected from the beginning of his presidency that one of his main motivations for running for President in the first place was the belief that as President, or even just as a Presidential candidate, he had a better chance of escaping indictment, prosecution and incarceration for serious crimes he had already committed, one of the most egregious being his Trump University scam. At the very least, he could attempt to characterize any such prosecution as being purely politically motivated.
Last edited by Gunnar on Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

From Mitt Romney:
“Like all Americans, Mr. Trump is entitled to the presumption of innocence. The government has the burden of proving its charges beyond a reasonable doubt and securing a unanimous verdict by a South Florida jury.

“By all appearances, the Justice Department and special counsel have exercised due care, affording Mr. Trump the time and opportunity to avoid charges that would not generally have been afforded to others.

“Mr. Trump brought these charges upon himself by not only taking classified documents, but by refusing to simply return them when given numerous opportunities to do so.

“These allegations are serious and if proven, would be consistent with his other actions offensive to the national interest, such as withholding defensive weapons from Ukraine for political reasons and failing to defend the Capitol from violent attack and insurrection.”
https://www.romney.senate.gov/romney-st ... ndictment/
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:50 am
From Mitt Romney:
“Like all Americans, Mr. Trump is entitled to the presumption of innocence. The government has the burden of proving its charges beyond a reasonable doubt and securing a unanimous verdict by a South Florida jury.

“By all appearances, the Justice Department and special counsel have exercised due care, affording Mr. Trump the time and opportunity to avoid charges that would not generally have been afforded to others.

“Mr. Trump brought these charges upon himself by not only taking classified documents, but by refusing to simply return them when given numerous opportunities to do so.

“These allegations are serious and if proven, would be consistent with his other actions offensive to the national interest, such as withholding defensive weapons from Ukraine for political reasons and failing to defend the Capitol from violent attack and insurrection.”
https://www.romney.senate.gov/romney-st ... ndictment/
Yes, Mitt Romney is one of the few prominent Republican politicians who still has any traces of honesty, ethics and integrity. Unfortunately, these qualities are apparently no longer valued by most of his fellow Republicans (if they ever were). :cry: That's why I left the party decades ago!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

'Extremely Damning’: Fox’s Jonathan Turley Calls Unsealed Trump Indictment ‘Overwhelming’
https://www.mediaite.com/news/extremely ... rwhelming/
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

So the only thing to wonder now is whether he will plea down to stay out of prison. God I hope not, this guy needs to spend at least some time in jail.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Vēritās wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:45 am
So the only thing to wonder now is whether he will plea down to stay out of prison. God I hope not, this guy needs to spend at least some time in jail.
There's no official provision in place to put him in prison or jail. He is entitled to secret service protection in or out of jail. They'd have to figure that out with the possibility of assigning him to one of his resorts. Better hope he doesn't win the next election or it's game over for justice so far as I can tell.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!