The Trump Criminal Case MEGATHREAD.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Bond
CTR A

Re: The Trump Criminal Case Megathread

Post by Bond »

This one is the streamlined case. Didn't indict all the other people because Smith wants this one going to trial quick.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Is Pence the Deep State now?
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Bond
CTR A

Post by Bond »

Pence has joined the Resistance; six years too late but welcome aboard Mikey.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Bond wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:34 am
This one is the streamlined case. Didn't indict all the other people because Smith wants this one going to trial quick.
Hard to say. This could be “last call” for the co-conspirators to cut a deal before they, too, are indicted.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

We are fortunate that Special Counsel for the Department of justice Jack Smith is so excellent at his job! The traitor to democracy Donald Trump is toast!
From CBS News:

"Former President Donald Trump was indicted on Tuesday by a federal grand jury investigating alleged efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election and stop the peaceful transition of power.

Trump is charged with conspiracy to defraud the United States; conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding; obstruction of and attempt to obstruct an official proceeding; and conspiracy against rights."
Read the indictment here:
https://www.scribd.com/document/6624624 ... Indictment
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Bond wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:34 am
Yes, the case is streamlined for quick trial and to make it simpler for the jury to grasp and reach a conviction. But that's not why the co-conspirators are not indicted yet. In the coming days Jack Smith will be talking to the lawyers of the co-conspirators. Then there will be a superseding document to the indictment that will indict those co-conspirators that don't flip or are not useful enough or are no longer needed to the case to be made the offer to flip. Think about it. This will happen. Some of the co-conspirators will be racing to be among the first to flip before enough of the others do and they then become unneeded to the case and they lose the opportunity to flip and save themselves and are indicted.
Dr. Sunstoned
Valiant A

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

Pence's comments did not go unnoticed by sleuths at Fox news. Though from the headlines, I don't think they are happy:
Pence comes out swinging at Trump following Jan 6 indictment: 'Should never be president'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pence- ... indictment
MsJack
Deacon

Post by MsJack »

On Father's Day this year, I called my father (an Air Force retiree who served 20+ years) a traitor for continuing to support this man.

I regret nothing.

Get him, Other Jack.
BA, Classics, Brigham Young University
MA, American Religious History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD Student, Church History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Trump will become as dangerous as any other cobra when faced with the mongoose of justice.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace