True Crime: Holy cats this youtuber is LDS related

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Rivendale
God

Re: Holy cats this youtuber

Post by Rivendale »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:25 pm
Oh my dear Lord. This case is like a cancer that metastasized. It's never going to end and it's going to drag the LDS Church right down into the hole with it. Because it should. The LDS Church is far more than complicit in Jodi's innumerable offenses. They endorsed it, they promoted it, they prescribed it, they contracted for it, they paid for it, and they covered her legally for it.

I've never seen a case like this. It's got so many tentacles it's incomprehensible.

ETA: Watch that case related MSP I linked to above. It'll blow your mind entirely. I'm out of words to describe how massive this current case is going to be.

ETA: Here's the link again for your convenience.

8 Passengers Mormon Therapist Jodi Hildebrandt Destroyed My Life - Adam Paul Steed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gvsqvz92KM
Have you read some of Jodi's BYU's women's conferences course summaries from a few years ago?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Rivendale wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:53 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:25 pm
Oh my dear Lord. This case is like a cancer that metastasized. It's never going to end and it's going to drag the LDS Church right down into the hole with it. Because it should. The LDS Church is far more than complicit in Jodi's innumerable offenses. They endorsed it, they promoted it, they prescribed it, they contracted for it, they paid for it, and they covered her legally for it.

I've never seen a case like this. It's got so many tentacles it's incomprehensible.

ETA: Watch that case related MSP I linked to above. It'll blow your mind entirely. I'm out of words to describe how massive this current case is going to be.

ETA: Here's the link again for your convenience.

8 Passengers Mormon Therapist Jodi Hildebrandt Destroyed My Life - Adam Paul Steed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gvsqvz92KM
Have you read some of Jodi's BYU's women's conferences course summaries from a few years ago?
Nope!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:05 am
More interesting information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLtx2OmEAbs

That the LDS Church pays for family bloggers to hype the LDS Church was new information. Sort of thing Dr. Scratch might know, but I was unaware of it. I guess a healthy ad budget helps sell most products. Of course, then they have to pay for apologists to deny it. All rather complicated, but that is the way of tangled webs, eh?
Do you have a time stamp for where the information about the LDS church paying for family bloggers is in the video?

ETA: Nevermind, I found it. It was a claim made by another YouTuber named Carl Crusher.

ETA: Here is Carl Crusher's video: https://youtu.be/pbZ-cW2_5bU?si=Q7iQMMCEIG3G5vOX It's a fairly brief comment. It sounds like LDS bloggers at some time received payment (he doesn't say how much) for including certain LDS produced content on their blogs. He specifically references Light the World, which I think was a PR campaign run at Christmas time.

I am skeptical about any notion that the LDS church just threw money at LDS bloggers without screening the blogs or exercising some type of control over the content.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:31 pm
I am skeptical about any notion that the LDS church just threw money at LDS bloggers without screening the blogs or exercising some type of control over the content.
The idea that the LDS Church would pay stay at home mommies big bucks to live-stream their family lives was never believable, but thanks for chasing down the source!
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:31 pm
Moksha wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:05 am
More interesting information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLtx2OmEAbs

That the LDS Church pays for family bloggers to hype the LDS Church was new information. Sort of thing Dr. Scratch might know, but I was unaware of it. I guess a healthy ad budget helps sell most products. Of course, then they have to pay for apologists to deny it. All rather complicated, but that is the way of tangled webs, eh?
Do you have a time stamp for where the information about the LDS church paying for family bloggers is in the video?

ETA: Nevermind, I found it. It was a claim made by another YouTuber named Carl Crusher.

ETA: Here is Carl Crusher's video: https://youtu.be/pbZ-cW2_5bU?si=Q7iQMMCEIG3G5vOX It's a fairly brief comment. It sounds like LDS bloggers at some time received payment (he doesn't say how much) for including certain LDS produced content on their blogs. He specifically references Light the World, which I think was a PR campaign run at Christmas time.

RI I'm not entirely certain that that is the only source of the allegation. I'm wondering if the LDS church runs ads on their channels? There's tons of LDS Momfluencers on youtube. I don't expect to spend time looking around just now. If I see something about it I'll post it here.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Re: True Crime: Holy cats this youtuber LDS related

Post by Jersey Girl »

DCP addressing Ruby's sister Bonnie's attempt to CYA. 44 minutes. Keep in mind that DCP is well informed re: LDS Church.

Ruby Franke's Sister Bonnie Speaks Up | We Can See Right Through It.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVOdaSitsUk

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

If you are not familiar with youtube's Mommy Vlogggers/Momfluencers, here's a link to sister Bonnie's own channel. 1.4 milion subs.

Use the link and just scan down the video thumbnails. Mom's exploiting their minor children (who are legally unable to give consent) for bucks.

https://www.youtube.com/@bonniehoellein/videos

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I'm very familiar with this channel. She leans true crime. She's commenting from outside of Mormonism from a psychological perspective. She's licensed. Raising red flags here re: church involvement. Also critiquing Hildenbrandt's practices. Anyway, she gets it.

I give you, Allegedly Innocent. 34 minutes and change.

Mormon Mayhem: Jodi Hildebrandt and narcissistic abuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58aKR7a7d1E

by the way, the child guidance techniques she states are exactly what I use....but without rewards beyond positive reinforcement. I don't know where she gets the reward idea from. Perhaps she misstated it and failed to tie in positive reinforcement.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MOK, watch this thing. I've seen this guy before but only on occasion. I take body language with a grain of salt. But...he's a licensed clinical psychologist and he's NOT doing the body language here, he's critiquing what they are saying. I started listening and picking out the same sick things he was and then I was like...he nails it. Notice he comes right out and describes her as a sadist. Just like I did.

Not that I'm an expert but this is the first person I've heard call her a sadist.

Ruby Franke, Jodi & Jessi Hildebrandt – New Shocking Behavior and Body Language Insights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTo18wamt6M

That whole thing about lining up stuffed animals is developmentally appropriate. It's actually an emergent math skill. As the brain develops, the result is more ordered thinking. It's a sign of the normal development of ordered thinking. That's why a child does that. It's certainly NOT what she calls it. You're gonna die when you hear it Mok.

Also when you hear him or myself, use the phrase "developmentally appropriate" it means consistent with a child's stage of development. He nails this more than once in the commentary.

Also when they talk about children not eating...Ruby Franke's six year old child didn't go without food for 3 hours. She went approx. 15 hours without eating. Forgot to make her own lunch and take it...after let's say 12 hours of sleep give or take an hour. When he says they are in agreement on the topic, I think it's because this is something Jodi taught Ruby and she used the "technique" which is actually child abuse or neglect. Recall, Ruby called the school and told them not to feed her. From the school's position, that's an immediate call to CPS, DHS, DCFS--I forget what it's called in Utah. The school cannot legally withhold food from a hungry child. If they do, they become complicit.

The total garbage they were putting out is Sick! Sick! Sick!

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Jersey Girl, thanks for keeping everyone up to date.

Here is a video from Nemo the Mormon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ZNqb0byu8
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace