Israel

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Israel

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:41 am
Vēritās wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:38 am
There are even Jewish groups who believe the Palestinians are being mistreated.

Anyone remember Rachel Corrie, the American who was deliberately crushed to death by a bulldozer while protesting the illegal destruction of a home in Gaza? No outrage? That's because the Israeli police did their own "investigation" and concluded it was an accident. Besides, that's just one less Woke Liberal who can no longer vote Democrat as far as Ajax is concerned.

Anyone remember the little boys who were playing on the beach, and were blown to bits after being targeted by Israeli gunships? Never did understand why that horrific incident ended up getting swept under the rug as if it didn't happen.

The things that would haunt our airwaves for months on end if they had happened in a Muslim country.
Thanks to people like Rachel Corrie, Israel can't even defend its own borders, or maybe they're just not allowed to. And it's not just years ago, Democrats are already saying Israel shouldn't fight back.
-_-
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:02 am
Vēritās wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:38 am
Why are Republicans today void of any morality? Why are they so ignorant about virtually everything? Just look at the dumb crap ajax couldn't wait to post. They actually think Palestinians are synonymous with Hamas and Al Qaida. They also think that if you're against the mistreatment of Palestinians, then you must hate Jews.
Good point. Palestinians are among the most unfairly mistreated people on the face of the earth -- both by official Israeli government policies and by some their own leaders. Does any fair-minded, believing Christian really believe that Jesus Christ would approve of the way Israelis mistreat and discriminate against Palestinians?
NO.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:07 am
Gunnar wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:02 am
Good point. Palestinians are among the most unfairly mistreated people on the face of the earth -- both by official Israeli government policies and by some their own leaders. Does any fair-minded, believing Christian really believe that Jesus Christ would approve of the way Israelis mistreat and discriminate against Palestinians?
Yes.

- Doc
Only a scriptural illiterate Christian or complete hypocrite would think that.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Can I ask a possibly stupid question? Why didn't Israel know that this attack was gearing up to happen? They don't have an intelligence agency? Like what's the IDF for? They don't have military intelligence?

Slava Ukraini!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:26 am
Can I ask a possibly stupid question? Why didn't Israel know that this attack was gearing up to happen? They don't have an intelligence agency? Like what's the IDF for? They don't have military intelligence?
What makes you think they didn't know?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:59 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Because Netanyahu claims it was Israel's Peal Harbor, a surprise attack.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:59 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Here's an answer to my question.

Why was Israel caught so off-guard? Retired colonel has a theory

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2023/1 ... nr-vpx.cnn

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:14 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:07 am
Yes.

- Doc
Only a scriptural illiterate Christian or complete hypocrite would think that.
Try steelmanning my position, it’ll be more persuasive than poisoning the well.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:22 pm
Breitbart is reporting that Hamas has taken American hostages as well. I guess $6 billion palates of cash offered by Obama and again later by Biden hasn't appeased Iran much. Interesting that the Muslims never dared pull a stunt like this when Trump was in the Whitehouse.
Remember that one time, a certian former President of the United States gave Russia classified information that Israel had given us?

I wonder what countries Russia is buddy-buddy with. Surely, not Iran.

I can't remember what that President's name was though. I'm sure it'll come to me.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I guess crowding millions of people into a few square miles and denying them basic human necessities isn't working out so well.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood