If Trump WAS Sent by God...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: If Trump WAS Sent by God...

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:32 pm
My biggest takeaway from the Pandemic was just how powerful the idea of momentum is, in great opposition to what I'd always believed. I'd never considered that I might be stocking up on TP because everyone thinks that everyone else is going to be irrational and stock up on TP.
I remember telling my kids during the pandemic that before long the stores would start rationing things like TP. They looked at me like I had lost my mind. A week later...my prediction materialized.

Gas shortages in the 70's will make a believer out of you.

And blizzards.

Back to our regularly scheduled topic...
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:03 am
Gadianton wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:32 pm
My biggest takeaway from the Pandemic was just how powerful the idea of momentum is, in great opposition to what I'd always believed. I'd never considered that I might be stocking up on TP because everyone thinks that everyone else is going to be irrational and stock up on TP.
I remember telling my kids during the pandemic that before long the stores would start rationing things like TP. They looked at me like I had lost my mind. A week later...my prediction materialized.

Gas shortages in the 70's will make a believer out of you.

And blizzards.

Back to our regularly scheduled topic...
It was hard shopping for TP for two households (ours and my mother’s). I remember being told on two occasions, at Costco, that I could buy only one package within a 24-hour period. They were actually keeping a record of it in their computer system. << that’s hard when you are caring for an elderly parent and really don’t have time to go out shopping anyway.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

honorentheos wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:45 pm
It's difficult to know what biblical literacy or biblical values mean in a vacuum. Are Jehovah's Witnesses biblically illiterate for having a largely ahistorical perspective on the meaning of the texts compared to Catholics? Is a person biblically illiterate who reads the four canonical gospels with an assumption the authors actually knew the main character in the stories they contain? Is the Bible for or against equal treatment of women?

It's valuable to recognize that everything in the above presupposes a particular worldview.
I agree, honorenthos, that my approach is presuppositional.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

msnobody wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:22 am
Having lived all of my life in the Southeast, I saw great benefit within the African American community here during Trump’s presidency. Benefit that I have never seen in 50-ish+ years. I, strikingly, have seen what has been in my lifetime an oppressed community, now thriving, upwardly mobile, and finally in possession of a long overdue rightful sense of dignity. Much of that oppression coming from our own U.S. government.
Regardless of one's political affiliation, this outcome you describe is something I expect all here would favor. I can't say I've seen specifics attributable to Trump. So I'm curious about this?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

msnobody wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:15 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:45 pm
It's difficult to know what biblical literacy or biblical values mean in a vacuum. Are Jehovah's Witnesses biblically illiterate for having a largely ahistorical perspective on the meaning of the texts compared to Catholics? Is a person biblically illiterate who reads the four canonical gospels with an assumption the authors actually knew the main character in the stories they contain? Is the Bible for or against equal treatment of women?

It's valuable to recognize that everything in the above presupposes a particular worldview.
I agree, honorenthos, that my approach is presuppositional.
Of what?
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:01 pm
msnobody wrote:
Having lived all of my life in the Southeast, I saw great benefit within the African American community here during Trump’s presidency. Benefit that I have never seen in 50-ish+ years. I, strikingly, have seen what has been in my lifetime an oppressed community, now thriving, upwardly mobile, and finally in possession of a long overdue rightful sense of dignity. Much of that oppression coming from our own U.S. government.
Regardless of one's political affiliation, this outcome you describe is something I expect all here would favor. I can't say I've seen specifics attributable to Trump. So I'm curious about this?
I certainly second this question. I can believe that there could be something Trump did that had a good result. It would be worthwhile for people to know about it. I live on the other side of the country and am completely unaware of this change and how it is related to Trump.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

msnobody wrote:
I can focus on Trump’s positive aspects and the benefits of his presidency and not get caught up in persuasion of others who in self-righteousness are quick to point out the speck in someone else’s eye, while ignoring the plank in their own.
A speck?

Have you not noticed a few rather larger blockages in the way of Trump being suitable for the post of President, such as his refusal to accept that he lost an election that was conducted according to law, and the fact that he incited a mob to prevent Pence (his own Vice-President) from certifying the result? The ease in which he simply lies whenever it suits him to do so? His obvious complete disrespect for women (remember he has been legally judged to have committed a sexual assault) ... and so on, and so on?

Does none of that suggest that he needs to be kept out of the White House, for the sake of preserving the US as a constitutional republic?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Chap wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:48 pm
msnobody wrote:
I can focus on Trump’s positive aspects and the benefits of his presidency and not get caught up in persuasion of others who in self-righteousness are quick to point out the speck in someone else’s eye, while ignoring the plank in their own.
A speck?
Some say we dropped a bomb on Hiroshima. It was more like a hand grenade. Sheesh.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Chap wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:48 pm
msnobody wrote:
A speck?

Have you not noticed a few rather larger blockages in the way of Trump being suitable for the post of President, such as his refusal to accept that he lost an election that was conducted according to law, and the fact that he incited a mob to prevent Pence (his own Vice-President) from certifying the result? The ease in which he simply lies whenever it suits him to do so? His obvious complete disrespect for women (remember he has been legally judged to have committed a sexual assault) ... and so on, and so on?

Does none of that suggest that he needs to be kept out of the White House, for the sake of preserving the US as a constitutional republic?
Because Democrats are using lawfare and the DOJ to disenfranchise at least 70 million Americans it proves that the US is not a Constitutional Republic. The US is controlled by the administrative state, not the voters. Leftist only want democracy when they win. It's hard to win elections when your policies produce results like people are experiencing today.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:06 pm
Because Democrats are using lawfare and the DOJ to disenfranchise at least 70 million Americans it proves that the US is not a Constitutional Republic.
That's an outrageously dishonest case of projection! Only Republicans are passing laws to disenfranchise Americans whose views they don't agree with. Only Republican controlled legislatures are enacting laws authorizing them to ignore and overturn the majority vote of the people and electors whenever they don't like the results.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.