Just be a guy for 5 seconds, okay?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Just be a guy for 5 seconds, okay?

Post by Dr. Shades »

It’s because guys are attracted to women who look as little like other guys as possible.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:54 am
A woman’s hair is her glory.

- Doc
Okay but does it really matter if her glory is short, medium, or long, and why?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Xenophon wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:24 am
I'm curious if there isn't some chicken/egg thing going on here. Every bit of media I consumed as a young lad jammed my brain full of women that were otherwise desirable but also had long hair. Had I been raised in a world that kept everything else the same but all those women had short hair, would I likely not have different preferences?

I certainly appreciate short hair much more after a few stints of it on my SO. She wears it incredibly well. I think I still prefer it longer but how much of that is me and how much is conditioning, hard to say.
Let me know if you ever figure it out because I'd really like to know that. The only hair compliments I ever get from you-know-who are when my hair is long like it is right now.

Happy to see you back Xeno! I hope all is well with you.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:14 pm
I don't find really short hair attractive. You know, like buzz-cut hair. GI Jane stuff even worse. Anything from a bob cut on the shorter side to hair reaching below the shoulders is very appealing to me.
What is appealing about it? I have an answer of my own but I don't want to put words in someone else's device.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Bolding...
Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:28 pm
I can't say I prefer long hair to short. I just watched Working Girl the other day, a movie from the late '80s, and at the beginning Melanie Griffith has one of those huge '80s hair styles where the blow dryer is the main feature (and it does not look good). Part way through the movie, in an effort to be perceived as more professional, she get's her hair cut, and for the rest of the movie she's stunning.

I knew this woman in college who had straight hair down to her knees. It was awful.

I don't think hair length matters nearly as much as the specific cut, and how that cut looks on that person. Just my opinion.
I could look at that bolded part as a safe answer you know. ;) Still it's nice to see (unless you're lying) a guy consider what looks nice on any particular woman...if it suits her then you're good with it.

Unless you're lying.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:28 pm
I don't think hair length matters nearly as much as the specific cut, and how that cut looks on that person. Just my opinion.
What Schmo said, and I yield the rest of my time.

That's kind of chicken of you, but okay. If the cut suits or perhaps flatters that particular woman it's a good look, right?

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:08 am
It’s probably similar to women preferring tall men. Some preferences are more widespread than others.
Women prefer tall men? That's news to me, buddy. So what you're saying is that women prefer a "type", right?

Stop it. Just stop it.

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:52 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:54 am
A woman’s hair is her glory.

- Doc
C’mon.

This really knocks a man’s socks off.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Weren't you told to stop with the intellectual stuff? Get this science crap out of my way. Pfffft! :roll:
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:50 pm
There have been attempts to make aesthetics objective and measurable, including a few neuroscientists such as V.S. Ramachandran. Their approaches include the suggestion at least some of our aesthetic appreciation is tied to exaggerating evolutionary advantages that create exaggerated responses. The term for it is peak shift. See here for an example:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... -aestheti/

My guess regarding long hair is it's a signal of health. Like facial symmetry it has subconscious associations with genetics.
But being a guy? Just a guy? It's not that big of a deal and many women with short hair are stunning regardless. I'd guess for some longer hair may even distract. I mean...

There it is. A real guy answer. I don't suppose it's not just the hair you're considering there but yeah, what a stunner, right?
ETA: I do think thick hair is more likely to matter compared to thinning hair. Again, health signals.
You're doing it again, honor. :roll:

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:59 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:52 am

C’mon.

This really knocks a man’s socks off.

- Doc
:lol:

Slava Ukraini!