I could've made all of you rich

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

I could've made all of you rich

Post by doubtingthomas »

Back in 2021, I pointed out this weight-loss drug, but no one replied. That was a great time to invest in the company that produces it. Now, that company is becoming wildly successful.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=961

Of course, no one listens to me.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Res Ipsa
God

Re: I could've made all of you rich

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:12 pm
Back in 2021, I pointed out this weight-loss drug, but no one replied. That was a great time to invest in the company that produces it. Now, that company is becoming wildly successful.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=961

Did you listen to yourself?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Ermmm... Novo Nordisk was pretty successful before semaglutide. How exactly do you think they financed the research and marketing for it? Lol. That said, their GLP-1 agonists (Ozempic, Wegovy, and Rybelsus) are definitely the lion's share of their current income. They've still got their insulin beating out their other GLPs though (Saxenda, and Victoza).

Incidentally, Exenatide (a similar GLP-1 agonist) had already be around for almost 2 decades at the time of your post. Unfortunately for Amylin Pharma, and AstraZeneca, they didn't get any celebrities or a TikTok army, pinning themselves with gray market research chem versions of the drug to promote it. Even with that handicapping though, Amylin Pharma has seen a fairly similar gain.

It will be interesting seeing what happens to Novo Nordisk as some of the current lawsuits surrounding adverse effects start to hit the settlement stages.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:27 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=961

Did you listen to yourself?
Was it a public company you could buy stock in?

How does your post fit within the timeline?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

doubtingthomas wrote:
How do you know that the Jersey Girl Hedge Fund did not make millions?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:09 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
How do you know that the Jersey Girl Hedge Fund did not make millions?
Stop it.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

doubtingthomas wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=961

please, DT. Pharma is even more volatile than crypto, few people would take the risk of letting it all ride on one pharma stock, of all things. You can call anything after the fact and once again, prove that you have no idea what you're talking. Sure, a 3x gain since 2021 is really impressive and if we could go back in time, very few of us wouldn't let it all ride on NVO but there is an endless list of even better stocks that somebody out there called back then, so why not let it ride on a 50x stock rather than a 3x, if we could go back to 2021? 3x is nothing in pharma, there are pharma stocks that have 3xd since last Tuesday.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

doubtingthomas wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=961

Did you invest?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

The one thing I thought about investing in at the time was bitcoin. But couldn't be bothered. Lol. in some dimensions somewhere Id be rich lol