doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Ohio man, 81, fatally shoots Uber driver, 61, after scammers target both of them

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:39 pm

I hope they can get to it soon. From the op on, it definitely belongs in his megathread.
I know, facts belong to a megathread.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Dr Exiled
God

Re: Ohio man, 81, fatally shoots Uber driver, 61, after scammers target both of them

Post by Dr Exiled »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:25 am
Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:30 am

Why do you keep pushing the envelope, creep? Where is the proof about 10 year Olds as if I have to ask?
You are still such a dumbass. I was trying to make the point that the law isn't always right, I pointed to child marriage being legal in most states as an example, it's legal even in the few states where the age of consent is 18.

You need to start thinking about retirement, you are too stupid too think for yourself.
You're so obsessed with underage sex that it's telling. My guess after interacting with you is that you probably made up the trist with the 17 year old. Who can believe that it could have happened given your postings here? This is just your fantasy and I hope to God you don't ever act on your obsession, not for your sake, but for the poor victim you selfishly would exploit.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:37 am
Who can believe that it could have happened given your postings here?
What postings? It's irrelevant whether you choose to believe it or not; the crux of the matter is that there's nothing inherently wrong with dating a young woman. Guys like you tell young women to avoid older guys like me. People like you are trying to take away my freedoms.
Dr Exiled wrote:
This is just your fantasy and I hope to God you don't ever act on your obsession, not for your sake, but for the poor victim you selfishly would exploit.
If I wanted to make stuff up, I would've come up with a way better story. I wouldn't make up a story about a single mom and me in my mid-20s. Believe it or not, that doesn't raise eyebrows among intelligent people. But it really doesn't matter if you choose to believe me or not, and it was Doc who brought this up, not me.

Dr Exiled wrote:
poor victim you selfishly would exploit.
Dating a young woman automatically makes her a poor victim? You are full of it. Stay out of my dating life.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:24 am
Since you have all these scientific studies, show me the study that says men in their 30s who date women in their 20s are being horribly shamed.
Doc believes that 19-year-olds aren't adults, and Dr. Exiled believes that young women who are dating older men are poor, vulnerable victims. The evidence of all the shaming against men is clear, and it's evident that a lot of people like Doc and Dr. Exiled want young women to avoid relationships with older men.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

I think y'all are getting the wrong end of each others sticks.
doubtingthomas
God

Why I come here

Post by doubtingthomas »

When I started with this board, I was an immature young man (according to some, the brain isn't fully developed until 25, so I was just a vulnerable child, I suppose). I loved the reactions of people, how many didn't seem to think rationally, and all the outrage over literally nothing.

I don't talk a lot about other topics like abortion because those topics already dominate the news. I like to have conversations about controversial things that are not commonly discussed outside of the internet or popular social media sites. Lastly, why would I want to discuss things that everyone already agrees with me on?

I don't come here to provoke reactions, but I sometimes troll a bit to make a point. Unfortunately, these days, a lot of people in the real world seem to want to take away my rights and freedoms. I was hoping to have an online community of ex-Mormons, but it appears that I am an ex-Mormon who thinks differently.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Why I come here

Post by Res Ipsa »

DT, we all think differently, depending on which topic is being discussed. When one strongly asserts outlier positions, as in my opinion you often do, one should not be surprised to receive push back from most folks. There should be nothing surprising about that.

I've interacted with you as much as any, and in my opinion you often don't think rationally. You demonstrate fairly extreme confirmation bias that extends to claiming that a scientific paper says something when it does not. This has included claiming the opposite of what a paper actually says. You also cherry pick single papers and claim that they establish what sciences says, when anyone who knows about science understands that "the science" is not found in single papers.

I think I've seen an increasing amount of narciscism in your posts, including your claim that people ignored you about investing in an experimental drug when, in fact, all you did was post about how interesting it was. That smacks of grandiosity. Your dismissal of others' opinions based on age smacks of devaluing people's opinions when they disagree with you.

You also display here a significant amount of immaturity and lack of impulse control. When you get angry over something someone says, you spam the board with threads or insert insults into threads that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread. I think you've set the record by far for most attempts to evade suspensions of privileges through sock puppets.

The way you interact with folks here is not the way to "have" a community of any kind. This has never been a good place for people who have iconoclastic views that they insist are right and flat out reject other's views.

People taking away rights is a generally interesting topic for discussion. However, the focus of the vast majority of your threads have been about dating. As far as I'm concerned, dating isn't a "right." Which rights do you think people want to take away from you?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:50 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:24 am
Since you have all these scientific studies, show me the study that says men in their 30s who date women in their 20s are being horribly shamed.
Doc believes that 19-year-olds aren't adults, and Dr. Exiled believes that young women who are dating older men are poor, vulnerable victims. The evidence of all the shaming against men is clear, and it's evident that a lot of people like Doc and Dr. Exiled want young women to avoid relationships with older men.
Teenage girls shouldn't be in relationships with guys like you, guys that selfishly obsess over teenage girls like they are property. You don't give a rats ass about them.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Gadianton
God

Re: Why I come here

Post by Gadianton »

I like to have conversations about controversial things that are not commonly discussed outside of the internet or popular social media sites
That's not how you come across. You come across as desperate to make people people accept "controversial things" that you have a huge personal investment in. And when people invariably strenuously disagree with you over controversial ideas, you turn it into an attack on you personally, and tell them to "stay out of your dating life". That's not how people who just like discussing controversial things for the hell of it act.
and all the outrage
Like other trolls here, it is you and they who get worked up and outraged more than anybody else, by a long shot. Exclamation points, demands to "stay out of your dating life", threats to bring the board down with your tech powers, escalating every tit for tat if someone calls you a name. There is nothing to suggest you have ever been the collected troll provoking others while you remain calm and laughing at everyone.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

DT, please explain your psychology here. If you can't, I think that I can.

On the one hand, you make the case that men with younger women are demonized by society and interfering with your dating life. You have several statements like this:
DT wrote:The evidence of all the shaming against men is clear, and it's evident that a lot of people like Doc and Dr. Exiled want young women to avoid relationships with older men.
On the other, you beamed and shouted "thank you!" with a trademark DT exclamation point when I told the story about my cousin who married the 17-year-old. And you said:
DT wrote:You missed the point, Dr. Shades. The point is that a 17 year old is old enough, that's why a lot of people attended the wedding.

Normal people don't see anything wrong with that.
So which is it? Is society shaming older guys dating younger girls, are is society encouraging it? You've made both cases.