Bottle caps.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Bottle caps.

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Don't know what happens where you are all at but coca cola has done this thing with the bottle caps where the are now attached to the bottle so it can be recycled with the bottle. However, what they've failed to recognise is that if you have trouble with your hands (which I have), that makes it so difficult. My hands stop working from time to time but the new caps... I can't put them back on even when my hands are working. They should make the bit that holds it to the bottle longer.

https://www.coca-cola.com/gb/en/media-c ... at-britain

information on the stupid caps.
Moksha
God

Re: Bottle caps.

Post by Moksha »

The Great War was a global thermonuclear war that took place on Saturday, October 23, 2077, caused by the Sino-American War. It destroyed all participating nations and abroad, global disruption of the climate and billions of casualties as a result of nuclear blasts, exposure to radiation, and the subsequent collapse of social and government structures, all within just two hours.

Two hundred years later, the most used form of currency is Nuka-Cola bottle caps. Go figure.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:38 pm
The Great War was a global thermonuclear war that took place on Saturday, October 23, 2077, caused by the Sino-American War. It destroyed all participating nations and abroad, global disruption of the climate and billions of casualties as a result of nuclear blasts, exposure to radiation, and the subsequent collapse of social and government structures, all within just two hours.

Two hundred years later, the most used form of currency is Nuka-Cola bottle caps. Go figure.
POGs were a thing for a while.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

High Spy wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:55 pm
POGs were a thing for a while.
My kids were sitting on a future fortune when they were little.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:38 pm

Would you like a megathread?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Very interesting moksha.

I liked pogs.

Jamie's mum was talking the other day about how Jamie had hundreds of Pokémon cards and he gave them all away to a kid and she was like NOOO. Apparently she thought they'd be worth something. Guess she was right.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

We don't have those in the States. YET. I bet we're next to get them and when we do, I'll be complaining if they're on the water bottles we get for winter food storage!

I'm guessing it has to do with recycling? Here in our state they outlawed plastic grocery bags that you take out your stuff with. Something about saving the environment or whatever. So we bring reusable bags now. I don't mind it at all...

except for the irony involved when you are buying plastic trash can liners or plastic bottles or plastic jugs or plastic anything that is perfectly fine so long as you don't take them home in a plastic bag! Get it? You can buy plastic bags in the store but you can't put your plastic bags in a plastic bag to take home.

How stupid is that?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Everything old is new again.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:35 pm
We don't have those in the States. YET. I bet we're next to get them and when we do, I'll be complaining if they're on the water bottles we get for winter food storage!

I'm guessing it has to do with recycling? Here in our state they outlawed plastic grocery bags that you take out your stuff with. Something about saving the environment or whatever. So we bring reusable bags now. I don't mind it at all...

except for the irony involved when you are buying plastic trash can liners or plastic bottles or plastic jugs or plastic anything that is perfectly fine so long as you don't take them home in a plastic bag! Get it? You can buy plastic bags in the store but you can't put your plastic bags in a plastic bag to take home.

How stupid is that?
Not very.

https://recyclecoach.com/blog/plastic-b ... 0stoppages.

Bags going to landfills may take forever to break down which is its own issue. But there isn't an easy alternative to using them for refuse collection. Grocery bags are avoidable uses of plastics that, if someone puts them into the recycle bin, can damage the sorting equipment and undermine the recycling efforts.

It's logical, really.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:06 am
Would you like a megathread?
Was that funny?