Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Jersey Girl »

Brack wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:20 pm
Moksha wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:31 am
Got my Pfizer COVID vaccine today.
I recently got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine.
OUT STANDING!!!!!

We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Got my first dose of Pfizer today. I was very impressed with how organized they were (Kaiser San Francisco).

After you receive the shot, you're to sit for 15 minutes to see if you have any reactions.

While I was waiting, it gradually begin to sink in that I was safe, that I was going to survive. I was surprised at the elation I felt. It's like you've been living under the Covid cloud for so long, you forget what it was like to imagine life without that low-grade nagging day-to-day fear. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.

But then I thought of a half million people that didn't get the vaccine in time. My eyes filled with tears.

I feel like I've been given a peek at what our world might feel like in the fall. Today I feel lucky and grateful. We're not at the end of Covid, but we can see the edge from here.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:04 pm
Got my first dose of Pfizer today. I was very impressed with how organized they were (Kaiser San Francisco).

After you receive the shot, you're to sit for 15 minutes to see if you have any reactions.

While I was waiting, it gradually begin to sink in that I was safe, that I was going to survive. I was surprised at the elation I felt. It's like you've been living under the Covid cloud for so long, you forget what it was like to imagine life without that low-grade nagging day-to-day fear. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.

But then I thought of a half million people that didn't get the vaccine in time. My eyes filled with tears.

I feel like I've been given a peek at what our world might feel like in the fall. Today I feel lucky and grateful. We're not at the end of Covid, but we can see the edge from here.
I so appreciate the contemplative nature of your comments above. The way you go deep inside yourself always resonates with me. Just know, that not only will you be safe and survive this pandemic, you are also contributing a blanket of protection for others. The more of us who accept vaccination, the sooner we will achieve herd immunity. Less people will succumb, more people will survive.

This fits with my lifelong principle of yanking the other guy up with us when we can. I suppose in some way, we can think of this as honoring those who succumbed by doing our level best to ensure that no one else will succumb. Oh, I know that some will contract the virus and fail to survive, but we are playing the hand we've been dealt as best we can.

Behaving in responsible ways to a public health crisis is what we all have to offer. I hope the only side effects you have are a sense of gratitude and relief!

Well done, MeDot! **tips fedora**
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:31 pm
HOLY CATS!! I'm up at bat on Friday!!!! Pfizer vax.

I'm gunning for you Corona!

So now the invitations are coming out of the woodwork. Three today alone. I am going to the one I mentioned above because it's closer and I'm sitting on the "go line". I don't think I mentioned how I got the above appointment. Some guy...in the state got tired of trying to track down vaccines and made his own "vaccine finder" website. The night before, there were NO appointments. The next day they started spitting out appointments right and left!

Here it is: https://vaccine-finder.nickm.org/

I have since passed the link on to in real life friends who are still fishing around for appointments or in one case, a fairly young woman who is health-compromised and who will be in the next group. She REALLY needs to be vaccinated and I wish I could let her go ahead of me, because I would definitely do that.

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:

Yay!!! Congratulations.

No idea when I'm up. Washington hasn't even designated a category that includes me yet.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I’m glad you’re back, RI. I hope your break was restful. We’re leaving for our hike Sunday, so it’ll be nice to log on and read your thoughts when we’re not walking.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:46 pm
I’m glad you’re back, RI. I hope your break was restful. We’re leaving for our hike Sunday, so it’ll be nice to log on and read your thoughts when we’re not walking.

- Doc
Thanks, Doc. I've missed my friends here. I forget -- where are you hiking? I loved your stories of hiking the Appalachian Trail. Hope you'll post stories from your upcoming hike here.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:41 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:

Yay!!! Congratulations.

No idea when I'm up. Washington hasn't even designated a category that includes me yet.

Do I know you? :shock:

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

RI why don't you know what category you are in? Doesn't your state have the groups posted?

I'm all set and ready to go tomorrow.

1. Paperwork done.
2. Bottled water (we always have that in winter).
3. Tylenol at the ready
4. Meal made that will provide leftovers to microwave in case I have to drag my fatigued behind to the kitchen for food.

I expect to have some side effects with the first dose. I typically get a sore arm, chills/low grade fever, flop down on my bed and weep*, then fall asleep for 12 hours. Not a problem!

I consider this first dose to be dress rehearsal for the second which I believe will kick my butt entirely.

Time will tell...

*I always weep when feverish. It's what I do! :lol:

Slava Ukraini!