Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Jersey Girl »

This article was published in Nov. I just found it posted in a another group I'm in. It is excellent! Notice the comparison charts for dose one and dose two of both vaccines. Click to the arrows to toggle back and forth between doses.

Why the Covid-19 vaccines may feel different from other routine shots
The side effects of the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines, explained.

https://www.vox.com/22158238/covid-19-v ... -explained
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

I have an appointment to take my first shot of the Moderna vaccine Feb 11.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:58 pm
Good on ya, Gunnar! You must report back on your experience! I want to hear everything.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

So...I got a call this evening to schedule an echo next week--this is nothing bad, just something I asked my cardio guy to do for me. Anyway, the girl must be working remote because we ended up talking for almost an hour. She told me that when I get the email for the Covid vaccine that it will give me a choice of locations to choose from. Thought I would mention that here since it could apply to others as well.

I will report back on how that goes when it actually happens. Also will report reactions because you know I have to tell you guys every darn little detail. :lol:

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:58 pm

Good news: Our state is opening up the next group to get the vaccine in a couple of weeks.

Bad news: There are 11 million plus people in the next group.

:shock:

This could take a while girls and boys. If you know how to be patient, patiently raise your hand.

ETA: There are 400K people in the next group. I have no idea what I was thinking there.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Crazy stuff costs lives.

Has this guy got a right to respect for his completely stupid and nonsensical opinions? Maybe, just maybe, not ...

Wisconsin pharmacist who destroyed more than 500 vaccine doses believes Earth is flat, FBI says
When a pharmacist discovered 57 vials of the Moderna vaccine left to spoil outside a Wisconsin clinic’s refrigerator in December, the worker immediately suspected a colleague who had spread false and outlandish claims, according to court records.

For months, Steven Brandenburg, the overnight pharmacist at Aurora Medical Center in Grafton, Wis., had said he thought the vaccine would harm people, make them infertile, and implant them with microchips.

Now, federal authorities say belief in debunked claims went beyond the vaccine. The pharmacist, who has agreed to plead guilty to charges of attempting trying to spoil the vaccine, also believes the Earth is flat and that the sky is not real, according to court documents.

[...]
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

"You need to get vaccinated when it becomes available as quickly and as expeditiously as possible throughout the country," Fauci, President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser, said in a virtual news briefing with the White House Covid-19 response team. "And the reason for that is ... viruses cannot mutate if they don't replicate. And if you stop their replication by vaccinating widely and not giving the virus an open playing field to continue to respond to the pressures that you put on it, you will not get mutations."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/01/health/u ... index.html

Slava Ukraini!
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Now, federal authorities say belief in debunked claims went beyond the vaccine. The pharmacist, who has agreed to plead guilty to charges of attempting trying to spoil the vaccine, also believes the Earth is flat and that the sky is not real, according to court documents.
subs would be impressed with that guy, for sure.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Biden administration announces direct vaccine shipments to pharmacies
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics ... index.html

This is supposed to begin 11 Feb. Let's hope they have the storage needs covered.

Directly from the White House website:

Chain Pharmacies
• Walgreens (including Duane Reade)
• CVS Pharmacy, Inc. (including Long’s)
• Walmart, Inc. (including Sam’s Club)
• Rite Aid Corp.
• The Kroger Co. (including Kroger, Harris Teeter, Fred Meyer, Fry’s, Ralphs, King Soopers, Smiths, City Market, Dillons, Mariano’s, Pick-n-Save, Copps, Metro Market)
• Publix Super Markets, Inc.
• Costco Wholesale Corp.
• Albertsons Companies, Inc. (including Osco, Jewel-Osco, Albertsons, Albertsons Market, Safeway, Tom Thumb, Star Market, Shaw’s, Haggen, Acme, Randalls, Carrs, Market Street, United, Vons, Pavilions, Amigos, Lucky’s, Pak n Save, Sav-On)
• Hy-Vee, Inc.
• Meijer Inc.
• H-E-B, LP
• Retail Business Services, LLC (including Food Lion, Giant Food, The Giant Company, Hannaford Bros Co, Stop & Shop)
• Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. (including Winn-Dixie, Harveys, Fresco Y Mas)
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... to-states/

Slava Ukraini!