Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:53 pm
RI why don't you know what category you are in? Doesn't your state have the groups posted?

I'm all set and ready to go tomorrow.

1. Paperwork done.
2. Bottled water (we always have that in winter).
3. Tylenol at the ready
4. Meal made that will provide leftovers to microwave in case I have to drag my fatigued behind to the kitchen for food.

I expect to have some side effects with the first dose. I typically get a sore arm, chills/low grade fever, flop down on my bed and weep*, then fall asleep for 12 hours. Not a problem!

I consider this first dose to be dress rehearsal for the second which I believe will kick my butt entirely.

Time will tell...

*I always weep when feverish. It's what I do! :lol:
Here's my state's plan: https://www.doh.Washington.gov/Portals/1/Docume ... raphic.pdf

I am not in Phase 1. Phase 2 is scheduled to start in summer/fall. Phases 2, 3, and 4 haven't been defined yet. I'm signed up to be texted when I'm eligible.

My parents have now been vaccinated, which takes care of my main worry.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

This could explain something but not explain the "why", RI.

About a week ago, CO was ranked #25 in the nation. We're now ranked #5 in the nation. Look where Washington is ranked. I know this has got to have something to do with the supply chain but I can't prove it. Yesterday (?) I got 2 more invitations, one was for JB, so that's total of 3 in one day. While that might be anecdotal evidence, I think that means our supply ramped up for some reason. I don't know why that is because I haven't bothered to check in with the governor's interviews lately where he might have explained it.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/p ... tered.html
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:58 am

About a week ago, CO was ranked #25 in the nation. We're now ranked #5 in the nation. Look where Washington is ranked. I know this has got to have something to do with the supply chain but I can't prove it. Yesterday (?) I got 2 more invitations, one was for JB, so that's total of 3 in one day. While that might be anecdotal evidence, I think that means our supply ramped up for some reason. I don't know why that is because I haven't bothered to check in with the governor's interviews lately where he might have explained it.

Just got my 3rd invitation. Wow. Must be my lucky week!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:58 am

About a week ago, CO was ranked #25 in the nation. We're now ranked #5 in the nation. Look where Washington is ranked. I know this has got to have something to do with the supply chain but I can't prove it. Yesterday (?) I got 2 more invitations, one was for Jersey Boy, so that's total of 3 in one day. While that might be anecdotal evidence, I think that means our supply ramped up for some reason. I don't know why that is because I haven't bothered to check in with the governor's interviews lately where he might have explained it.

Thanks, Jersey Girl. That’s interesting. Part of my break was disconnecting from media, so I’m pretty out of touch on current events.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:04 pm
While I was waiting, it gradually began to sink in that I was safe, that I was going to survive.
We get to die of something else! Let's hope we can be among the lucky ones who die peacefully in their sleep (unless you want to enter Valhalla, Sovngarde, or the Nauvoo Proving Grounds with a sword or pepperbox pistol in your hand).
Last edited by Moksha on Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:27 am
MeDotOrg wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:04 pm
While I was waiting, it gradually began to sink in that I was safe, that I was going to survive.
We get to die of something else!
It's not our time. Not yet!

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:46 pm
I’m glad you’re back, RI. I hope your break was restful. We’re leaving for our hike Sunday, so it’ll be nice to log on and read your thoughts when we’re not walking.

- Doc
Send us pics!

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

7.5 hours out. Side effects: ZERO

:mrgreen:

Maybe a little early evening yawning. If that counts. Otherwise, so far so good!

Slava Ukraini!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar looks like fluvoxamine is getting some traction re: publicity.

Dr. Gupta examines 'promising' drug that may help Covid-19 effects
https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2021/ ... ronavirus/

Slava Ukraini!