COVID is getting worse

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: COVID is getting worse

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:49 am
First damned time in four years we actually have a President who acts Presidential, and puts the focus back where it belongs:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/19/politics ... index.html

What a sad, and beautiful, sight to see these lights at the Reflecting Pool.

- Doc
I'm glad to see that you posted this. I was going to do it somewhere. We are getting a President with a heart, a soul, and a conscience. Yes, it is sad but I say it's most needed right now before we go forward. Joe Biden is known for his high levels of empathy. That combined with decades of experience is exactly what we need right now.

Let's remember that he didn't have to run. He doesn't have to do this. He could have spent the remainder of his life living comfortably, pursuing writing, teaching, recreation, travel and enjoying his family. There is nothing that could dispel me of the notion that this is his time. I believe he was born to do this and for just this very moment in American history.

Don't get me wrong. We are not getting a savior. We are getting a godly man who will work diligently on behalf of this country and all of it's people.

We are getting exactly what we need.
Prayers for his health and well being. He will get my cooperation, that is for sure.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Amen.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

A source told CNN on Thursday morning that the new administration will “have to build everything from scratch” thanks to former President Donald Trump’s reported lack of strategy with the vaccine rollout.

“There is nothing for us to rework,” they said.

Biden will have to start from “square one,” said another source, who called Trump’s nonexistent distribution plan “just further affirmation of complete incompetence.”
Great.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:05 pm
A source told CNN on Thursday morning that the new administration will “have to build everything from scratch” thanks to former President Donald Trump’s reported lack of strategy with the vaccine rollout.

“There is nothing for us to rework,” they said.

Biden will have to start from “square one,” said another source, who called Trump’s nonexistent distribution plan “just further affirmation of complete incompetence.”
Great.
There is exactly no part of me that is surprised by this news. Actually, it may be a blessing in disguise as the new administration can develop a system from the ground up instead of trying to rework the bugs out of a previous administrations system. Have you ever inherited a DoD files system from a staff member who screwed it all up? I have.

If there are bugs in the new system, they will be able to sort it out faster and tweak it until it works efficiently. You know what I mean, they'll have their hands and heads in it from the start. And while they are building it, I think our new President will use the DPA to ramp up the supply and distribution of not only the vaccines but also PPE and whatever else our health care professionals need and as the current supply dwindles down, the new one will be on the way with hopefully no lag time in between.

Keep the faith!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

I’m just glad we have someone in there now wanting to, you know, actually ‘operation warp speed’. I saw a broadcast earlier today that states and places like East Lansing have the people, places, and things literally on stand-by, but can’t get the feds to ship them the vaccines they have.

Anyway. I be heading out in March to do a Long Ass Section Hike, and would’ve liked getting the doses ahead of time.

damned Trump.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:39 pm
I’m just glad we have someone in there now wanting to, you know, actually ‘operation warp speed’. I saw a broadcast earlier today that states and places like East Lansing have the people, places, and things literally on stand-by, but can’t get the feds to ship them the vaccines they have.

Anyway. I be heading out in March to do a Long Ass Section Hike, and would’ve liked getting the doses ahead of time.

damned Trump.

- Doc

Are you going back on the AT? As it stands today, I wouldn't expect your group to be vaxxed by March. But that assumption is probably built on misinformation and things can and will change. Let's hope it's fast!

In my view, T-man totally failed to consider the vast pool of human resources this country has access to, but I doubt that Biden will make that mistake because he KNOWS what our resources are. This is what I envision based on his comments and what I know we have in our own area, and also my experiences when my age group received the polio vaccine back in the day.

We have a human resources pool of currently working and retired health care workers that includes doctors, NP's, RN's, Veterinarians, Dentists, CVT's, pharmacists, and I think optometrists were on the list as well who are all qualified or could become qualified and/or delegated with permission to administer vaccines. Example: The big guy I live with keeps his RN license current although he is retired.

The shot only goes into the deltoid muscle, it's not like it's an IV infusion where you have to thread the needle into a vein.

When I consider the fact that we have 4 major military installations (not counting Cheyenne Mt.) that also have human resources as well as physical space on which to do drive in vax clinics, school and university parking lots, a crapton of unused strip mall area parking lots, athletic fields, mega church parking lots, Walmarts for pet sakes, I think that the vaxxing of massive amounts of people in a short time is totally do-able and I believe it will happen that way.

Two issues: Storage and having medical personnel on site to treat immediate adverse reactions to the vaccine.

If there are central storage units (which there already are around here) I envision teams of vaccine administration personnel, checking out the supply throughout the day or at least daily, that is need for each round of vaccines.

In our area, Walgreens and CVS are contracted to do the nursing homes and assisted living facility residents. They're close to being done. So after they are done, you just take those teams of personnel and put them into the pool of qualified personnel I mentioned above.

And just...DO. IT.

So. Identify and set up the teams of human resources while getting the supply flowing again, and we'll be okay. I think!

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Nah, I’m hiking the southern section of the PCT, which if I don’t get hurt, sick or burned out will be 700 miles. Last year when we hiked the Tahoe Rim trail we hiked 50 miles of the PCT that is merged with the TRT. So, it kind of planted the seed. I’m sure at some point we’ll hike the remaining 500 or so miles of the AT, at least the intent is there right now.

- Doc
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Oh and I forgot something. They also need some kind of records keeping at each vaccine site. I dunno, something like point of sale type thing which I am sure the health care system already has that in place. I forget the name of the computer system they use, but the pharmacies and also vet clinics use the same types of systems. So that has to be able to go remote or whatever, but I am absolutely certain that it's do-able.

It's using the already in place tech systems, already in daily use, to do something on a mass scale. And somewhere in the world, all the stuff needs to go to the local health departments and CDC.

Don't ask me. I did study for the NCLEX and VTNE exams though, so I know just enough to get me in trouble.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:18 pm
Nah, I’m hiking the southern section of the PCT, which if I don’t get hurt, sick or burned out will be 700 miles. Last year when we hiked the Tahoe Rim trail we hiked 50 miles of the PCT that is merged with the TRT. So, it kind of planted the seed. I’m sure at some point we’ll hike the remaining 500 or so miles of the AT, at least the intent is there right now.

- Doc
I think I remember you talking about that. You don't know how MUCH I envy you! I do think you guys should get vaxxed before you go out again and hopefully, that will happen in time for you to go. You must swear a blood oath to post pics when you do! The travel plans I have on the docket are Florida and back to the UK and adding the Republic of Ireland this time. I hope that can happen for me! I think about it daily and have done so throughout this whole entire time of stay the hell home. It's one of the things that has kept me going mentally this whole time.

I'm ready to dust off my passport!

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Just caught something quick but don't have time to go through the all of the reading right now. He's going to use FEMA as a point of contact or something. Sorry about the sketchy facts here but I have to get on with it over here.

My guess is that we're going to see what this country is capable of doing and what T-man totally failed to do for the past 10-ish months or so.

Slava Ukraini!