COVID is getting worse

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: COVID is getting worse

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Me, too. We were supposed to be in Brazil for 2020. We had our apartment picked and lined up for a post-Christmas December start date. But once news came out about the virus we contacted our agent and had them hold off. Good damned thing we did, I think. We’re hoping, maybe, in December if we’re vaxxed and travel is eased we can do it this year.

Also, the real reason we’re doing the PCT is because Spain isn’t letting non-citizens in unless there’s a real good reason to do so. I even wrote emails to their consulate in LA double checking any exceptions for a “pilgrimage”, but they politely said no.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:10 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:49 am
First damned time in four years we actually have a President who acts Presidential, and puts the focus back where it belongs:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/19/politics ... index.html

What a sad, and beautiful, sight to see these lights at the Reflecting Pool.

- Doc
I'm glad to see that you posted this. I was going to do it somewhere. We are getting a President with a heart, a soul, and a conscience. Yes, it is sad but I say it's most needed right now before we go forward. Joe Biden is known for his high levels of empathy. That combined with decades of experience is exactly what we need right now.

Let's remember that he didn't have to run. He doesn't have to do this. He could have spent the remainder of his life living comfortably, pursuing writing, teaching, recreation, travel and enjoying his family. There is nothing that could dispel me of the notion that this is his time. I believe he was born to do this and for just this very moment in American history.

Don't get me wrong. We are not getting a savior. We are getting a godly man who will work diligently on behalf of this country and all of it's people.

We are getting exactly what we need.
Prayers for his health and well being. He will get my cooperation, that is for sure.
I endorse both posts.

I read a headline today that contained the words "White House" and I noticed I had to remind myself that it isn't a code phrase for "black hole of incompetence, lies and death" anymore.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:18 pm
Nah, I’m hiking the southern section of the PCT, which if I don’t get hurt, sick or burned out will be 700 miles.
<derail>

(Only dropping in to say from my own extremely limited number of miles walked along portions of the AZ PCT that this will be a very cool hike for you. Just remember that AZ doesn’t do ‘trees’ too well. Don’t forget to bring your SPF 2000 sunscreen.)

</derail>
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:46 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:18 pm
Nah, I’m hiking the southern section of the PCT, which if I don’t get hurt, sick or burned out will be 700 miles.
<derail>

(Only dropping in to say from my own extremely limited number of miles walked along portions of the AZ PCT that this will be a very cool hike for you. Just remember that AZ doesn’t do ‘trees’ too well. Don’t forget to bring your SPF 2000 sunscreen.)

</derail>
For sure, and the reason for the early start date. Fingers crossed that maybe I can get lucky through the VA for a pre-hike inoculation.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

oh please God derail this just a bit! I should be getting in a car right now but I'm procrastinating as usual! I think I'll start a new thread later after I shove myself out the door and get a few things done here in real life. Moooooooooove it, Jersey.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:39 pm

I endorse both posts.

I read a headline today that contained the words "White House" and I noticed I had to remind myself that it isn't a code phrase for "black hole of incompetence, lies and death" anymore.
We all have post traumatic stress. Let's just be grateful that it didn't last long enough to become a full blown disorder. But yeah, I am convinced that we're all dealing with abuse recovery. I know I am. But I tell you what, I slept like a baby last night!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:51 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:46 pm

<derail>

</derail>
For sure, and the reason for the early start date. Fingers crossed that maybe I can get lucky through the VA for a pre-hike inoculation.

- Doc
I don't know about your area, but our VA sent out letters maybe 2-3 weeks ago? I didn't read the letter. Got any asthma or something you can throw on the pile of pre-existing conditions to speed up receipt of vaccine? I know JB over here has a few things that would allow him to get vaxxed earlier, but we already signed up in 2 networks so I guess we'll just go with that unless something pops open with the VA sooner for him.

Okay I'm really going now. Off in search of the letter "H". Don't ask!

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:02 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:39 pm

I endorse both posts.

We all have post traumatic stress. Let's just be grateful that it didn't last long enough to become a full blown disorder. But yeah, I am convinced that we're all dealing with abuse recovery. I know I am. But I tell you what, I slept like a baby last night!
I had not thought of it that way, but damn, that's true.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:12 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:02 pm

I had not thought of it that way, but damn, that's true.
It's definitely true. You can't spend every day of your life waking up to find out what the crazy person in the White House is doing or saying without it leaving a scar. We've been mentally abused for the past 4 years right up to an eleventh hour insurrection at the U. S. Capitol and until Biden safely took the oath.

It's like we've been ducking every day of our lives all this entire time.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Here's a link to the 198-page plan to fight Covid.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/priorities/covid-19/

Slava Ukraini!