COVID is getting worse

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: COVID is getting worse

Post by ajax18 »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:35 am
Ajax wrote:I just pray a miracle happens with this recount.
Very telling, Ajax. As Jesus turned water into wine, you pray that God shall turn Biden votes into Trump votes, so that Trump wins. Kind of ironic, given the pretense of Trump's charge is that the election is rigged.

I guess the problem isn't if it's rigged, it's if it is rigged in the wrong direction.

So you admit openly that you want to live in a dictatorship?
Hillary Clinton was saying under no circumstances should Biden concede the election not long ago. Now somehow we're going to have another 9/11 if Trump doesn't concede now?

The only rigging going on is the mainstream medias denial of any information that doesn't support their narrative and the people who lend them credibility.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:44 am
Hillary Clinton was saying under no circumstances should Biden concede the election not long ago.
Was Hillary Clinton one of the candidates in this election? Why are you quoting the opinion of a non-participant as if it is the equal of one of the participants?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:

Hillary Clinton was saying under no circumstances should Biden concede the election not long ago. Now somehow we're going to have another 9/11 if Trump doesn't concede now?

The only rigging going on is the mainstream medias denial of any information that doesn't support their narrative and the people who lend them credibility.
Context, Ajax. Context. She was talking about conceding ON ELECTION NIGHT. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews ... ontext=amp

It is no longer election night. Or the night after. Or the night after. Or the night after. Or the night after. Or the night after. Or the night after. Or the night after. Or the night after.

Your whataboutism is especially weak tonight.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I said nothing about conceding, I pointed to your desires for God to rig the votes so that we can live in a dictatorship -- one that only forces people to do what Ajax thinks is right, of course.

"The only rigging going on is the mainstream medias denial of any information that doesn't support their narrative and the people who lend them credibility."

Only the media is guilty of rigging?

How about all the judges who have thrown out attempts to show election fraud. Aren't the judges also rigged?
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Gadianton wrote:
It is sad that Ajax is so hopelessly naïve as to not realize that a dictatorship is exactly what reelection of Trump would very likely be the eventual result, or so hopelessly deluded that he thinks a dictatorship under Trump would be a good thing.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:33 am
Gadianton wrote:
It is sad that Ajax is so hopelessly naïve as to not realize that a dictatorship is exactly what reelection of Trump would very likely be the eventual result, or so hopelessly deluded that he thinks a dictatorship under Trump would be a good thing.
When Trump peacefully leaves office you're dictator narrative is going to look really stupid.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:26 am
When Trump peacefully leaves office you're dictator narrative is going to look really stupid.
Well, if he would need to be forcefully evicted, then he would prove himself to be an immature, petulant twat. I’m sure you’d still have no problem supporting him as such anyway, but the alternative will be much easier on your subconscious.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:26 am
When Trump peacefully leaves office you're[sic] dictator narrative is going to look really stupid.
If and when Trump peacefully leaves office, I will be very happy and relieved to admit that my fears of him aspiring to be a dictator were overblown and exaggerated.

by the way: "You're" is not the possessive form of "you." It's a contraction of "you are." Anyone who successfully passed third grade should know that--especially someone with the educational level required to be a licensed optometrist.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:09 am
I said nothing about conceding, I pointed to your desires for God to rig the votes so that we can live in a dictatorship -- one that only forces people to do what Ajax thinks is right, of course.

"The only rigging going on is the mainstream medias denial of any information that doesn't support their narrative and the people who lend them credibility."

Only the media is guilty of rigging?

How about all the judges who have thrown out attempts to show election fraud. Aren't the judges also rigged?
You're about three sentences too long for Xanax. Bolded portion is the relevant question that should be asked now.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:

Well it's just a good thing for us that Trump plans to launch his own media outlet. Then finally we can get the truth!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!