COVID is getting worse

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: COVID is getting worse

Post by canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:00 pm
60 million Americans got H1N1
To repeat a question asked by one dim bulb several months ago in this very thread: “Is that a lot?”
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:12 pm
subgenius wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:00 pm
60 million Americans got H1N1
To repeat a question asked by one dim bulb several months ago in this very thread: “Is that a lot?”
echoing dim light bulbs is your thing, we get it.
But 60 million is only alot when compared to a smaller number...like 10 million.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:22 pm
Now, ask yourself, which administration took steps to make the nation more prepared to handle a pandemic and which administration systematically dismantled those steps?
Counselor, you know this is speculation.
Klain is saying six months was to long to make a vaccine freely available. We're at 11 months and counting. So what, exactly, is the point of this out of context statement?
The context is not absent, and the point is rather clear. The appeal to authority is a fool's errand.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

subgenius wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:25 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:22 pm
Now, ask yourself, which administration took steps to make the nation more prepared to handle a pandemic and which administration systematically dismantled those steps?
Counselor, you know this is speculation.
Klain is saying six months was to long to make a vaccine freely available. We're at 11 months and counting. So what, exactly, is the point of this out of context statement?
The context is not absent, and the point is rather clear. The appeal to authority is a fool's errand.
Now you’re back to blathering troll mode sub. Pity, because you are actually interesting to talk to when you drop the troll act.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/na ... t-n1200246

“Native American health center asked for COVID-19 supplies. It got body bags instead.“

Gee, I can’t imagine why they primarily voted Democrat this time around. Perhaps the irregularities with voting was just a shitbag administration.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:20 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:12 pm

echoing dim light bulbs is your thing, we get it.
But 60 million is only alot when compared to a smaller number...like 10 million.
Hey, it only took you six months to acknowledge that sort of relationship, and now you’re left needing to ignore the differences with the death rates between H1N1 and COVID, which is the distraction point you thought that you were making back in the day.

Congrats on once again striking down your own argument. : D
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

FAKE NEWS - https://www.sunherald.com/news/coronavi ... 44811.html

Crisis actors in Mississippi spreading Covid hoax by claiming lack of ICU beds

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Anyone remember when Covid was just going to go away? Just like magic? And anyone else remember when Covid would also magically disappear in November?

- Doc
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Even Kansas, with less than 1/13 of California's population had more new coronavirus cases yesterday than California did.

ETA: According to https://coronavirus.smartnews.com/us/, that is.
Kansas 5,314
California 5,273
Johns Hopkins, however, disagrees with Smart News on the number of new California cases, though it agrees with the number of new Kansas cases.
CALIFORNIA

STATE OVERVIEW
Past Day

New Cases

KANSAS

STATE OVERVIEW
Past Day

New Cases
Regardless of which is correct, however, the per capita new cases in Kansas is, at least, well over 11 times that of California.
Last edited by Gunnar on Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ajax wrote:I just pray a miracle happens with this recount.
Very telling, Ajax. As Jesus turned water into wine, you pray that God shall turn Biden votes into Trump votes, so that Trump wins. Kind of ironic, given the pretense of Trump's charge is that the election is rigged.

I guess the problem isn't if it's rigged, it's if it is rigged in the wrong direction.

So you admit openly that you want to live in a dictatorship?