Faceplant three: Peer review

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Faceplant three: Peer review

Post by dantana »

So look, I've been holding off on making a post like this cause, well, it's just been a bit of a crappy year. For some. Political polarization, virus from hell.... I have been holding off, thinking that things would settle down after the election, but, since our dear leader shows no signs of ever considering the possibility that he might have lost the election legitimately... here it is.

My conservative friends, as I've said before, I absolutely affirm your right to your opinion, and believe it or not, I have plenty enough sympathy for some of the right side agenda. But, when opinion becomes aggressive and belligerent... Yeah.

So, where this is going is, when you repost these rants and diatribes railing against all that isn't you, and maybe you don't read the entire thing, but in these walls of word is almost always language to the effect of; "wake up", "drinking the koolaid", Democrats are "working with Satan", "idiots", and my personal favorite, "cockroaches".

In the future I ask that you consider doing one of these three things;
(1) Stick to just reposting your pseudo-profound inanities.
(2) Write me in as an exemption.
(3) Un-friend me.
(3b) Go F--k yourself.

Exemptions: Anybody with the last name: Mc___, Daniels, or Parker.
Last edited by dantana on Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
dantana
2nd Counselor

Re: A recent Faceplant posting of mine, part 3

Post by dantana »

Irony Schmirony

Some may see this as- A faction of the right is endeavoring to cry to it's base, with great indignity, that the courts aren't being allowed to hear its suitcase full of fraud affidavits because the left is getting them thrown out on technicalities. Whereas, what's really happening is, the right isn't even attempting to argue voter fraud to the courts, but is trying to get actual, legitimate, intention of the person ballots thrown out on technicalities.
Last edited by dantana on Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

It's hilarious how the right is so detached from reality that merely mentioning a fact makes you sound like a leftist to these inculcated drones.

The courts are now controlled by leftists because the courts require evidence. No wonder the right is upset. Evidence? Who needs evidence when you have a fever dream and intense emotion?

The right represents a cosmic joke on me. I'm born into a cult, extract myself from it, and my reward? Moving to a country where a third of it ends up belonging to a cult of idiocy, likely the dumbest cult possible. Jesus damned Christ.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I just saw this in the YouTube comments of the latest Lincoln Project ad:
If you could reason with Trump supporters They wouldn’t be Trump supporters.
As true as it gets.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Now that's funny. Subs, this is far more creative than the memes you post. ^^^
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:42 pm
Now that's funny. Subs, this is far more creative than the memes you post. ^^^
Because it’s true, which isn’t a quality that you often see in the memes presented by right-wingers.

Key here is that the axe handle only needed to say that it was one of the trees. No test for deception was considered by the trees.
dantana
2nd Counselor

Post by dantana »

"Some Schmo" wrote: (quoting another) "If you could reason with Trump supporters They wouldn’t be Trump supporters"
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:35 pm
"Gad" wrote: Now that's funny. Subs, this is far more creative than the memes you post. ^^^
"Canpakes" wrote: Key here is that the axe handle only needed to say that it was one of the trees. No test for deception was considered by the trees.
lols are on the house mi amigoes
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

dantana wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:46 pm
A faction of the right is endeavoring to cry to it's base, with great indignity, that the courts aren't being allowed to hear its suitcase full of fraud affidavits because the left is getting them thrown out on technicalities. Whereas, what's really happening is, the right isn't even attempting to argue voter fraud to the courts, but is trying to get actual, legitimate, intention of the person ballots thrown out on technicalities.
This should be repeated as often as possible within any thread anywhere, on any platform claiming ‘voter fraud’.
dantana
2nd Counselor

Post by dantana »

I was thinking about composing another faceplant posting to attempt to reason with my right side friends. Something along the lines of blah, blah, blah ... blah blah. Then insert:

Kathryn Krawczyk, (The Week)
Brad Raffensperger, who runs the state's elections, has faced threats and wild conspiracy theories after refusing to listen to Trump and his allies' attempts to overturn the election results. The far-right network Newsmax tried to draw up another one Tuesday night, this time claiming Raffensperger's brother worked for the Chinese technology company Huawei. Trump repeated the claim in a Wednesday tweet, implying the alleged relation compromised the secretary of state's election integrity. Someone named Ron Raffensperger does have a high-level spot at Huawei. But just like thousands of people who share last names in this country, he and the secretary of state aren't brothers. In fact, Brad Raffensperger doesn't even have a brother, NBC News reports.

And then some more blah, blah ... if Newsmax and Trump can't even bother to fact check before twerping, and then some hominid puts it on faceplant in a goddamn chain letter, why should you trust/repost any of this other random BS that your eyeballs come across ... but then I got bored.
Last edited by dantana on Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.