Happy Treason Weasel Day!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Happy Treason Weasel Day!!

Post by canpakes »

Patriots, Christians ... or neither?
During the traffic stop, authorities found high-capacity firearm magazines in his backpack, resulting in felony weapons charges, according to court records. And as he sat in a jail cell for 24 hours, Tarrio said, he thought about how he would need a lot of money to get out of this mess. Good lawyers, he said, don’t come cheap.

He said family members had the idea to monetize the support of his online followers through GiveSendGo.com, a niche Christian fundraising website that bills itself as “a place to fund hope.” Within a week, the “Enrique Tarrio Defense Fund” had amassed more than $113,000 from 2,359 donors, according to the site. Tarrio has pleaded not guilty.

“It’s not just Proud Boys that are raising money there,” Tarrio said in an interview Thursday, noting that his group’s chapters nationwide have used the site to fund their cause. “There’s just so many people that are raising money there.”

A review by The Washington Post shows that the self-described Christian website has become a refuge of sorts for outcasts and extremists, including fringe groups such as the Proud Boys as well as conspiracy theorists who seek to undercut the results of the presidential election by promoting debunked claims of fraud. Some of the users claim to have been booted from other crowdfunding websites for violating terms-of-service agreements.

Postings on GiveSendGo show that at least $247,000 has been raised for 24 people — including at least eight members of the Proud Boys — who claimed online that the money was intended for travel, medical or legal expenses connected to “Stop the Steal” events, including the Jan. 6 rally.

One post asked donors to “sponsor a warrior” and help “buy body armor and other protection pieces for our patriots.” It has raised only $5. Another featured a screenshot of President Trump’s tweet promoting the Jan. 6 event above a man’s plea for help after he claimed that a different crowdfunding site, GoFundMe, had removed his page. “I plan to meet you all there and fight alongside you,” he wrote on GiveSendGo, raising $958.

The pleas for money illustrate how even small-dollar donations could make the trip to Washington possible for some Trump supporters.

A Texas woman asked for $500, listing her expenses: $15 for pepper spray, $100 for cab fares and $100 for a room at a hostel, with extra money for food and an emergency fund. She said one donor already contributed his frequent flier airline miles to defray the cost of a plane ticket.

GiveSendGo drew criticism last year following its apparent willingness to host campaigns connected to people accused of crimes, including Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer charged in the killing of George Floyd, and Kyle Rittenhouse, the 17-year-old charged with killing two men and wounding a third in Kenosha, Wis. Chauvin and Rittenhouse have pleaded not guilty; Rittenhouse has claimed self-defense.
Via Amy Brittain and David William - Washington Post
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

‘Patriots’, and Russia, Russia, Russia (for subs) ...
A manhunt was underway Monday for a Pennsylvania woman suspected of stealing a laptop from the offices of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-San Francisco) during the attack on the U.S. Capitol, possibly with the intent to hand the device over to the Russian government, the FBI said.

Police and federal agents have arrested about 100 people who attacked the Capitol and have opened at least 275 investigations into pro-Trump extremists who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 to disrupt the official counting of electoral votes cementing Biden's November victory over President Trump.

Among those the FBI was seeking was Riley June Williams, whom officials alleged was caught on video seeming to direct intruders up a staircase in the direction of Pelosi’s office. Once in the workspace of the speaker — who is third in line to the presidency — Williams may have pilfered a laptop, the FBI disclosed in court filings.

A romantic partner of Williams' told the FBI that the Harrisburg, Pa., resident “intended to send the computer device to a friend in Russia, who then planned to sell the device to SVR, Russia’s foreign intelligence service," an agent wrote.

The FBI was investigating the claims but has yet been unable to confirm the tip, wrote FBI agent Jonathan Lund, who added that Williams had deleted her social media accounts and appeared to be on the run.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Double gulp. :shock:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

https://abovethelaw.com/2021/01/ny-bar- ... -the-boot/
Rudy Giuliani, the president’s lawyer and the future star of every legal ethics exam for all eternity, is being shown the door by his home state bar association.

“NYSBA’s bylaws state that ‘no person who advocates the overthrow of the government of the United States, or of any state, territory or possession thereof, or of any political subdivision therein, by force or other illegal means, shall be a member of the Association,’” the New York Bar Association wrote in a statement released today on its website.
Nooooo... Communists!

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Another member of antifa rounded up:

https://nypost.com/2021/01/18/ex-nyc-fi ... itol-riot/

This antifa was deep cover for 20 years as a NYFD firefighter.

- Doc
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Did you know an antifa woman was trampled to death during the insurrection... while carrying a Don’t Tread on Me flag?

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-sie ... ed-report/

Also, and this will do Xanax proud, in that the Confederates always surrender:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvx5a8/ ... urrendered

tl;dc - Guy who carried Confederate flag at the Capitol surrendered.

- Doc
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

SLIP SLIDING AWAY | A Parody | The Freedom Toast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w63quLMpEA
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Farewell Address of President Donald J. Trump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5_d3DUdR4
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Speaking of treason weasels, 12 natty guardsmen were sent home due to vetting by the FBI, two for posting extremist views on tomorrow’s inauguration.

Seems about right.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

If you want to PURGE Trump out of your gut before we turn the page tomorrow, then read this.

A goodbye letter for the anti-President
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/19/opinions ... index.html

Slava Ukraini!