Happy Treason Weasel Day!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Happy Treason Weasel Day!!

Post by Jersey Girl »

We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

I have a hunch he left some Malware behind.

People, this really happened to me tonight. I'm absent-mindedly surfing YouTube, sick of watching the news. I love Hakeem Olajuwan, and watched some highlights from the 1995 Western Conference Finals...

WATCH FOR 20 SECONDS - NO NO NO

there's no escape...there's no escape...
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:01 am
there's no escape...there's no escape...
Oh yes there is. Tomorrow we're getting a new President who will restore dignity and decency to the post, and provide us with a sense of renewal. He will be so busy working the job and solving the problems, he'll neutralize the memory of this guy right out of our minds and out of the news cycle.

Turn the page!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

I was trying to turn the page. I was trying to get away from this madness by watching a 25 year old NBA finals game, and Trump happens to turn up as a guest cameraman? It felt like a moment a moment from The Twilight Zone.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Man. The feds keep rolling up these antifas:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/20/us/proud ... index.html

“The 6th is going to be epic!”

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:51 pm
I was trying to turn the page. I was trying to get away from this madness by watching a 25 year old NBA finals game, and Trump happens to turn up as a guest cameraman? It felt like a moment a moment from The Twilight Zone.

Maybe this will help.

Moving Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcXiGPdnFz0

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Well, this is interesting ...
In charging papers, the FBI said that during the Capitol riot, Caldwell received Facebook messages from unspecified senders updating him of the location of lawmakers. When he posted a one-word message, “Inside,” he received exhortations and directions describing tunnels, doors and hallways, the FBI said.

Some messages, according to the FBI, included, “Tom all legislators are down in the Tunnels 3floors down,” and “Go through back house chamber doors facing N left down hallway down steps.” Another message read: “All members are in the tunnels under capital seal them in. Turn on gas,” the FBI added.

Other arrests Tuesday also underscored law enforcement’s concerns about threats to elected leaders, particularly because so many of the participants in the Jan. 6 chaos are still unidentified.

In New York, a Queens man who worked in the state court system was accused Tuesday of making threats to murder Democratic politicians, including suggesting another attack on the Capitol timed to Biden’s inauguration. The man was not at the riot on Jan. 6 but made threatening remarks about Democratic politicians beforehand that intensified in a video he posted two days later, which was titled “KILL YOUR SENATORS.” In the video, he encourages people to return to the Capitol and take up arms.

“If anybody has a gun, give it to me, I’ll go there myself and shoot them and kill them,” the man said, according to the FBI.
In Caldwell’s charging papers, the FBI said that it is reviewing communications between Cald­well “and other known and unknown Oath Keepers members.”

An FBI agent in court records said Caldwell helped organize a group of eight to 10 individuals led by Watkins. Members of the group are seen on video wearing helmets and military-style gear, and moving purposefully toward the top of the Capitol steps and leading the move against police lines, court records said.

A search of Watkins’s home in Ohio found numerous firearms, cellphones, pepper spray, a radio, a bag with a helmet and respirators, paintball guns, pool cues cut down to baton size, and zip/cable ties, as well a camouflage hat and jackets, the FBI said.
The FBI said without elaboration that it also recovered a document titled “Making Plastic Explosives from Bleach,” redacting the instructions in a photo exhibit.
Full story at:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/le ... FwzGrvmbqB
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

These right-wing groups will continue to pose a threat to freedom and democracy.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:26 am
These right-wing groups will continue to pose a threat to freedom and democracy.
Speaking of which, it looks like Xanax will get his heart’s desire fulfilled. Trump is wanting to form a MAGA party to compete with the GOP for Conservative voters. This post from Reddit is right up your alley, Moksha:
[–]AlexKingstonsGigolo 439 points 13 hours ago*429& 17 more

I think he totally should do this but the name is wrong. This new party needs to be called the "National Conservative Party", or "Nat-C Party" for short.

The Nat-C Party could have their own Nat-C Party platform; 25 points should do.

The Nat-C Party could hold Nat-C rallies, perhaps in Nuremberg, PA.

In the lead up to the Nat-C rallies, the Nat-C Party could have a Nat-C march through Nuremberg, PA.

In these Nat-C marches at these Nat-C rallies in Nuremberg, PA if the season is right, they would have a lot of Canadian geese in the area and maybe they could show the respect they have for these creatures by marching like them, stepping in a sort of "goose stepping" fashion.

The Nat-C Party could be structured in a very "efficient" manner with their Nat-C Party's leader holding a title which embodies all the anger and frustration and pain and hate the Nat-C Party members feel: The Furor.

Thoughts?
This would unironically work for millions of Republicans.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:59 pm
This would unironically work for millions of Republicans.

- Doc
Plus it tickled my sense of humor. Thanks, Doc!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace