Happy Treason Weasel Day!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Happy Treason Weasel Day!!

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Are we ever going to get any Conservos to admit they were lying when suggesting it was antifa at the Capitol insurrection?

https://nypost.com/2021/01/23/doug-jens ... for-trial/
Jensen, 41, of Des Moines, Iowa, appeared in several videos of the invasion wearing a QAnon T-shirt and chasing hero cop Eugene Goodman through hallways and up a flight of stairs. After his arrest, Jensen said he wore the shirt because he wanted “Q” to “get the credit.”

Jensen, who is being held in Iowa, had asked to be released on bond.

Assistant U.S. Attorney James B. Nelson argued in court documents that Jensen should not be released, because his eagerness to travel more than 1,000 miles in hopes of hearing Donald Trump declare martial law, along with his willingness to take martial law into his own hands absent such a declaration, illustrate his danger if he went free, the Associated Press reported.

Nelson alleged Jensen carried a knife with a thick, 3-inch blade during the Capitol incursion, and a video showed him reaching into his pocket.

Jensen has a string of convictions in his past for drunk driving, theft and conspiracy to deliver a controlled substance. He served a year of probation in 2015 for a domestic assault in Minnesota. Nelson said in court documents that Jensen reported being a daily marijuana user.

“Releasing defendant from custody will only reinforce his belief that his cause is just,” the attorney wrote. “If nothing else, the events of Jan. 6, 2021, have exposed the size and determination of right-wing fringe groups in the United States, and their willingness to place themselves and others in danger to further their political ideology. Anyone who would act as defendant acted, for the reasons he identified in support of his actions, is a per se danger to the community.”

Jensen was indicted on six counts, including obstructing law enforcement during a civil disorder, resisting Capitol Police Officer Eugene Goodman, violently entering and remaining in a restricted building, and disorderly conduct.
Not that any of them would actually read the article and actually come clean about their own motivations about the 6th...

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:59 pm
Are we ever going to get any Conservos to admit they were lying when suggesting it was antifa at the Capitol insurrection?
- Doc
Trump's lying was of a pathological nature. I am guessing his followers feel they also need to do this as a way of honoring their leader.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Feds allege cover-up by Capitol rioter -- who was released to commit more crimes. Riley June Williams is in hot water with federal prosecutors for apparently destroying online evidence related to the Capitol insurgency after she was released to home confinement with the consent of prosecutors.

"In an alarming court document, the FBI quoted a witness alleging that Williams intended to send the Nancy Pelosi's notebook to a friend in Russia, who then planned to sell the device to SVR, Russia's foreign intelligence service.

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-rioter ... -williams/
Treason Weasels keep on treasoning.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

As much as I love Treason Weasel Day, I'm wondering how January, 2021 will be remembered in history. Pearl Harbor works well because the location was so exotic no other event was associated with it prior to the attack. 9/11 works because the event actually took place in 3 locations, and 9/11 reverberates closely to 911 emergency.

The manufactured hysteria over a stolen election is evocative of the ginned up fear of Communists in every corner during McCarthism of the 1950's. There are elements of Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch (11/9/1923) sort of a half-assed attempt at revolution by some sad-sack revolutionaries.

January 6th was the culmination of the Stolen Election Gambit. The GOP was willing to trade the prevarication that this particular election was stolen in order to hang on to power. May I suggest The Chat Room Coup? It identifies where a lot of this dreck originated, and it also hints at the casual and unclandestine nature of the whole operation.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Yet ANOTHER antifa has been rolled up by the feds for their role in the Capitol insurrection:

https://www.ketv.com/article/fbi-agents ... k/35311895#
that Straka made the following comments on Twitter on Jan. 6.:

“Patriots at the Capitol – HOLD. THE. LINE!!!!”
“I arrived at the Capitol a few hours ago as Patriots were storming from all sides. I was quite close to entering myself as police began tear-gassing us from the door. I inhaled tear gas & got it in my eyes. Patriots began exiting shortly after saying Congress had been cleared.”
“I’m completely confused. For 6-8 weeks everybody on the right has been saying ‘1776!’ & that if congress moves forward it will mean a revolution! So congress moves forward. Patriots storm the Capitol – now everybody is virtual signaling their embarrassment that this happened.”
“Also- be embarrassed & hide if you need to- but I was there. It was not Antifa at the Capitol. It was freedom loving Patriots who were DESPERATE to fight for the final hope of our Republic because literally nobody cares about them. Everyone else can denounce them. I will not.”
“Perhaps I missed the part where it was agreed this would be a revolution of ice cream cones & hair-braiding parties to take our government back from lying, cheating globally interested swamp parasites. My bad.”
Note how the antifa said there was no antifa there. Just like an antifa to lie about being antifa. Ha. Busted.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

- Doc
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:26 pm
As much as I love Treason Weasel Day, I'm wondering how January, 2021 will be remembered in history. Pearl Harbor works well because the location was so exotic no other event was associated with it prior to the attack.
So you are suggesting the name Treason Weasel Day puts too much emphasis on Trump and his supporters, rather than the insurrection and sedition they were perpetrating?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Congressional Staffers Call For Impeachment Conviction Of Trump In Letter To Senators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMb-R-thAjQ

270+ staffer signed off on this.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist.”
― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism
Apologies to Res Ipsa, who introduced me to this quote. I've been thinking about it a lot since the claims of election fraud, and some of the QAnon beliefs. How do these beliefs become mainstream? When claims are given credibility because of their popularity, not because of their validity. After a while, it becomes everybody thinks so, just a part of our culture.

Call it the 'some say' culture, the way of introducing a non-truthful idea by explaining that 'some say' the idea. Fortunately our legal system has not yet caved to the 'some say' standard of proof. One of the things you'll hear supporters of election fraud claims is they have 'Affidavits'. An Affidavit is literally the 'some say' standard of proof, if it is not backed up by corroborating evidence.

And lately the great enablers of 'Some Say' culture are the Congressional GOP, who allow election fraud ideas to percolate because they feel it helps them. It's like shorting a stock and then bad-mouthing it in order to fulfill your negative wish, except in this case the stock is the faith American voters have in their election systems.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

It is a great quote, MedotOrg.

I think there are connections between it and two ideas getting discussed in Terrestrial. The first is Dr. Moore's observations about prophecy, that prophecy is outlandish before the fact but mundane after the fact. "thousands of executions as Trump plays the videos proving their guilt" vs. "All narrowly avoided execution by entering pleas with Trump, and now play their roles as if everything is normal. This is exactly what we'd expect".

The second is MentalGymnast's psychological insights, which basically boil down to:

Nuanced thinker: but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist.

Binary thinker: people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction exists.