Happy Treason Weasel Day!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: Happy Treason Weasel Day!!

Post by MeDotOrg »

When we talk about Impeach II, I actually think the most provably damning behavior was Trump's inaction in the hours after the insurrection. His supporters can talk until they are blue in the fact about how the were shocked, simply shocked that violence ensued. When he was back in the White House watching television are probably the most important minutes of his Presidency. I would love to see a minute-by-minute breakdown of the President's time after he left the stage on December 6th.

What did the President do? Nothing. He saw what everyone else saw, and had had access to better intelligence about the situation. You're the President of the United States. You see the Capitol under attack. You do nothing.

It is, prima facie, a dereliction of duty. When his inaction is weighed in conjunction with the statements he made about a stolen election, how does anyone come not conclude that Donald Trump decided not to stop the insurrection he instigated? It was only after his staff convinced him that he was in legal jeopardy that he grudgingly put out a statement.

Freedom to speak is one thing. Freedom to ignore your sworn oath to uphold the Constitution is another. There can be no ambiguity there. You're the Captain of the ship of state that is sailing into a huge storm. Your supposed to batten down the hatches and lower the mainsail. You don't slink back to your cabin and stare at the barometer.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:55 am
When he was back in the White House watching television are probably the most important minutes of his Presidency. I would love to see a minute-by-minute breakdown of the President's time after he left the stage on December 6th.

What did the President do? Nothing. He saw what everyone else saw, and had had access to better intelligence about the situation. You're the President of the United States. You see the Capitol under attack. You do nothing.

It is, prima facie, a dereliction of duty. When his inaction is weighed in conjunction with the statements he made about a stolen election, how does anyone come not conclude that Donald Trump decided not to stop the insurrection he instigated? It was only after his staff convinced him that he was in legal jeopardy that he grudgingly put out a statement.

Freedom to speak is one thing. Freedom to ignore your sworn oath to uphold the Constitution is another. There can be no ambiguity there. You're the Captain of the ship of state that is sailing into a huge storm. Your supposed to batten down the hatches and lower the mainsail. You don't slink back to your cabin and stare at the barometer.
Republican defense: “But, Hillary Benghaaazziii something something ..!!1!”

(... although Trump’s Red Rebellion was visible in person, in real time, with better intelligence, and more fatalities. But Trump did nothing.)
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:55 am
Exactly. I think that they can infer from that alone, that he fully intended to incite insurrection. If not, then what the hell was his problem? Did he choke like he accuses Mitt Romney of doing? ;) Four years in office and he chokes?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

The Treason Weasel Impeachment starts in just a few days.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Former President Trump was unhappy with Bruce Castor's opening argument on the Senate floor this afternoon, according to two people familiar with his reaction.

Trump was almost screaming as Castor made meandering arguments that struggled to get at the heart of his defense team's argument
, which is supposed to be over the constitutionality of holding a trial for a president no longer in office.

Given the legal team was assembled a little over a week ago, it went as expected, one of the sources told CNN. Trump's allies were flabbergasted when Trump's attorneys switched speaking slots at the last minute.
I’m suddenly in a great mood today.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:51 pm
Former President Trump was unhappy with Bruce Castor's opening argument on the Senate floor this afternoon, according to two people familiar with his reaction.

Trump was almost screaming as Castor made meandering arguments that struggled to get at the heart of his defense team's argument
, which is supposed to be over the constitutionality of holding a trial for a president no longer in office.

Given the legal team was assembled a little over a week ago, it went as expected, one of the sources told CNN. Trump's allies were flabbergasted when Trump's attorneys switched speaking slots at the last minute.

- Doc
I've been in a great mood since he got on the helicopter and darted the hell out of D.C. I swear, it's been positively life changing. Almost like our abuser got locked up.

Almost!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Oh and that description just proves how unstable he really is. No surprises there I'm afraid!

Slava Ukraini!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:51 pm

- Doc
Me too: particularly when I realised that my immediate mental image of Trump yelling at people in the Oval Office was out of date in a crucial respect ...
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

The Trump Defense could simply quit and declare their client "guilty as hell" (the new lawyers might as well leave with a clear conscience). Republicans would still have the requisite number of votes for a miscarriage of justice.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Watch the video that was presented to the Senate:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... icted.html

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.