Super Bowl Weekend!!! Who ya Rootin For?!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Super Bowl Weekend!!! Who ya Rootin For?!

Post by Philo Sofee »

One thing I know for sure. On Super Bowl Weekend I get a Prime Rib! YEAH BABY, let the games begin!
Lem
God

Re: Super Bowl Weekend!!! Who ya Rootin For?!

Post by Lem »

Brady vs. Mahomes?! It's going to be good, no matter WHAT. Looking forward to it. :twisted:
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

The defense.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Shopping or crafting. Thanks for asking!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Brady is smart-smart-SMART. On the other hand, Mahomes is smart but less experienced, but he can throw on the run like nobody else. He's like Jeter at shortstop. Simply amazing to watch.

If Mahomes makes a single timing mistake, Brady will win, because he controls the field and the clock like no one else. BUT, Brady isn't quite as consistent as he's previously been. That may be because of the new team, but it's an issue. He does have Gronkowski though, who literally will power through a brick wall before he'll go down.

It looks to be a fascinating match-up.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Also, Mahomes is coming back from a "neck injury," a.k.a. concussion. That may still influence the game.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Also,

because she’s lovely and is married to the GOAT.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

I don't much care who wins the Superbowl whenever the 49ers are not one of the contenders. I just hope both teams play well and fairly and provide a good show, with no more than minimal injuries, and preferably none at all. I probably will not get to see much of the game, though, because my wife is even less of a dedicated football fan than I am, and unlike pre-pandemic years, there is little chance that she will have somewhere else to go during the game, leaving me home alone to enjoy watching the game.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

The Old Gunslinger versus The Kid.

Who is the GOAT of baseball? You get a lot of answers. Who is the GOAT of basketball? A lot think Jordan, but there are a lot of other contenders.

As far as Quarterbacks go, it's hard to argue with Brady. It has nothing to do with with liking or disliking him. His numbers are his numbers. He's not my favorite quarterback, but he is the GOAT. You gotta give him that.

But what do you call a a Quarterback who throws for 5,000 yards and 50 touchdowns? In the case of Patrick Mahomes, you call him a rookie. He can throw effectively from different release points better than any QB I've ever seen.

I think it will come down to which defense can actually make a stop when it matters. It's a game where you want to take the over.

Also, in a time where all of the spotlight is on the wunderkind coaches like Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan, you have two guys that have been good for a while in Reid and Arians.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

As a resident of Washington state It is difficult to consider rooting for Brady. That is petty of course but it is still there. It should be a good game.