Super Bowl Weekend!!! Who ya Rootin For?!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Super Bowl Weekend!!! Who ya Rootin For?!

Post by Philo Sofee »

goalline defense kc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iN the BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo!!!!!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Good Lord KC defense needs to SHUT THE HELL UP and just play ball.......get Matthieu off the field if he can't shut the hell up and getting penalties.
95 yards in penalties?!? How ugly can you get???
Their own defense is the enemy right now.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

The biggest difference in the game was the relative health of Tampa's D-line against the decimated Kansas City O-line. Mahomes looked a little gimpy with his toe, and he just didn't have time to throw. Credit to Tampa, they threw a blanket over Hill and Kelsey. A lot of defensive passing penalties on Kansas City, but there was a lot of holding going on.

Brady wins again. Big boring old GOAT. Not much of a game, quite frankly, once you saw the dominance of the Tampa Bay defensive line. Nice win for Arians, oldest coach to win a Super Bowl.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:20 am
The biggest difference in the game was the relative health of Tampa's D-line against the decimated Kansas City O-line. Mahomes looked a little gimpy with his toe, and he just didn't have time to throw. Credit to Tampa, they threw a blanket over Hill and Kelsey. A lot of defensive passing penalties on Kansas City, but there was a lot of holding going on.

Brady wins again. Big boring old GOAT. Not much of a game, quite frankly, once you saw the dominance of the Tampa Bay defensive line. Nice win for Arians, oldest coach to win a Super Bowl.
I see your point about strong defensive line. I thought KC self destructed, what a train wreck. I could not bare to watch much of the second half.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:47 pm
All yous guys n gals missed a golden opportunity to dig me in the ribs. I spelled Mahomes name wrong. What a ding-a-ling I am..... I hope that doesn't jinx his game or I'mma gonna be mad!
Horrors! No wonder the Chiefs lost! So it's all your fault! ;)

Seriously, though, Judging by what I have learned about Mahomes (most of which came from reading this thread) it appears that in this game, he seems to have played considerably below his capacity and potential. I did see some impressive bits of brilliance from him though. The most impressive thing I remember is the time he accurately whipped the ball right to the hands of his intended receiver despite being in mid fall and off balance due to being sacked and tackled.
Last edited by Gunnar on Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

TAMPA, Florida—Looking for even one place to express their jubilation over the first Buccaneers championship in nearly two decades, excited Tampa Bay residents reportedly wished Sunday that they had an actual city to tear apart in celebration. “What am I supposed to do—knock down a palm tree?” said diehard Bucs fan Greg Fulton, echoing the sentiment of dozens of Tampa natives, who despaired over the lack of any centralized or meaningful public space to destroy. “I guess I could smash in the windows of a Denny’s, but what’s the point? We don’t really have one street here where everyone congregates. I don’t want to drive all the way downtown if no one else is going to be there. Not like there’s much worth vandalizing over there to begin with.” At press time, frustrated Tampa Bay residents had resorted to flipping over their own cars.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:12 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:47 pm
All yous guys n gals missed a golden opportunity to dig me in the ribs. I spelled Mahomes name wrong. What a ding-a-ling I am..... I hope that doesn't jinx his game or I'mma gonna be mad!
Horrors! No wonder the Chiefs lost! So it's all your fault!

Seriously, though, Judging by what I have learned about Mahomes (most of which came from reading this thread) it appears that in this game, he seems to have played considerably below his capacity and potential. I did see some impressive bits of brilliance from him though. The most impressive thing I remember is the time he accurately whipped the ball right to the hands of his intended receiver despite being in mid fall and off balance while being sacked and tackled.
As in parallel to and only about a foot off the ground, for 35 yards, after basically running a 50 yard dash to out-dodge two bucks trying to tackle him. Unbelievable, right? If I recall correctly, he did that twice in that possession. That's when I started to really worry because it was clear he would die trying before backing down. He's only a couple of weeks out of a very serious concussion protocol.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Pretty crappy game. Anticlimactic for the season we just had.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

A lot of defensive passing penalties on Kansas City, but there was a lot of holding going on.
Football and basketball are so subjective. It seems you never know which set of rules they plan to enforce. Didn't Kansas City's defense hold a lot through the regular season?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:45 pm
A lot of defensive passing penalties on Kansas City, but there was a lot of holding going on.
Football and basketball are so subjective. It seems you never know which set of rules they plan to enforce. Didn't Kansas City's defense hold a lot through the regular season?
Agreed. What's allowed in one game doesn't necessarily go in another. Get to baseball and the strike zones can really be subjective. If you're a player, you have to adjust to how the game is being called. I'd agree that KC got tagged with some calls that they got away with previously. That's got to be tough if you're a defensive back.

Back in the day, guys like Lester Hayes would cover their bodies in stick-em and drape all over the receiver. It's a lot tougher to cover nowadays.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land