Liberal math

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Liberal math

Post by Moksha »

While it is the year 4718 on the Chinese calendar, Ajax thinks it is the year 4518 during the Gwielo Dynasty. Something to do with conservative math.

Looks like I entered the Quorum where I can draw a small stipend with that post!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Trumpsters must wake up every day thinking, "What can I unreasonably get upset about today?"

Willful irrational outrage is their calling card.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

The Fox article is a parody, a racist parody.

Nobody suggested changing arithmetic so 2 plus 2 equals a variety of things. If a person is sufficiently racist they will believe that blacks are not able to deal with real arithmetic so need to disregard it.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Isaac Newton did not even publish Principia Matematica until he could prove it mathematically. If Newton as any human being had been prone to misunderstanding the world due to his paradigm, this only lends credit to the beauty of mathematics for forcing him to get things right. Imgaine if his professors were shut down saying, no you can't mark Isaac off for this incorrect answer. There's more than one right answer. He wouldn't have built anything that worked. Newton's physics and calculus is what allowed northern European engineers to build the best equipment and weapons in the modern world.

And while Einsteins theory of general relativity expands upon the laws of motion to account for objects of microscopic size moving at speeds approaching the speed of light, for normal size and normal speed objects that we experience in our world, Einstein's laws reduce down to the exact same thing as Newton's laws of motion. Math is the closest thing to absolute truth any of you atheists are going to ever find in this world.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
AZCaesar
Nursery

Post by AZCaesar »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:42 pm
Isaac Newton did not even publish Principia Matematica until he could prove it mathematically. If Newton as any human being had been prone to misunderstanding the world due to his paradigm, this only lends credit to the beauty of mathematics for forcing him to get things right. Imgaine if his professors were shut down saying, no you can't mark Isaac off for this incorrect answer. There's more than one right answer. He wouldn't have built anything that worked. Newton's physics and calculus is what allowed northern European engineers to build the best equipment and weapons in the modern world.

And while Einsteins theory of general relativity expands upon the laws of motion to account for objects of microscopic size moving at speeds approaching the speed of light, for normal size and normal speed objects that we experience in our world, Einstein's laws reduce down to the exact same thing as Newton's laws of motion. Math is the closest thing to absolute truth any of you atheists are going to ever find in this world.
I've said before (but it bears repeating) for being a 9 year old, time-travelling viking, you sure have a piss-poor knowledge of history.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Ah. So are we into 'white males created the modern world' stuff? Well ... white males around the beginning of that modern world knew a bit different. Here is one of them explaining why the world he saw coming into being was radically different from the world previously created by his ancient white predecessors, the Greeks and Romans:

“It is well to observe the force and virtue and consequences of discoveries … namely, printing, the compass and gunpowder. For these three have changed the whole state and face of things throughout the world, the first in literature, the second in navigation and the third in warfare …” ( Francis Bacon, Novum Organon, 1614)

Paper and printing? China. Plenty of printed books before AD 1000.
Magnetic compass? China. Look up the great voyages of the Ming dynasty admiral Zheng He.
Gunpowder weapons? China (yup, big cannons, rockets, bombs , not just fireworks)
ajax18 wrote:
Einstein's work doesn't 'expand on' anything. It is a complete conceptual innovation that destroys the absolute space and absolute time Newton worked with. It is not just about tiny things moving near the speed of light, but about objects like the planet Mercury, whose motions can't be made sense of without relativity - and GPS systems are based on it too. No wonder those Jews use space lasers ....
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I don't know about anyone else, but my experience with mathematics never was one problem having multiple varying answers. It was about the potential for different ways to arrive at the same answer. That's why teachers wanted us to show our work. What is your process for calculating the answer?

I guess "doctors" don't do math.

by the way, 2+2=5 is clearly racist. It's blatantly false, therefore, it's just the kind of thing Trump would say, and we all know he's a damned racist who spouts a ton of BS to further his racist agenda.

See? That's showing your work.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:07 pm
I have no idea what Xanax posted because I have him on ignore, but I imagine it's something like:
If you have him on ignore, why post in his thread?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:28 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:07 pm
I have no idea what Xanax posted because I have him on ignore, but I imagine it's something like:
If you have him on ignore, why post in his thread?

For the same reason you just did.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Trumpistan math:

"What's a math? It's probably a liberal plot to count things... and we all know nothing counts."