Rush Limbaugh is Dead

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Rush Limbaugh is Dead

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I actually went through my Rush phase in the 90’s. At some point, pre-apostasy, I realized one day that it was too negative for me. Post-apostasy I tried listening here and there, but it was just so intolerable and culty that I couldn’t make it more than a few minutes. I could count on one hand how many times I tried to give him a listen since 2001.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:50 pm
We were very close to energy independence under Trump.
No. You were lied to.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:22 am
Meanwhile, that free market electrical grid owned by white guys is gouging their white customers. I just read about and saw the bill for a couple who own a $1300 sq ft home. It was $3600 because, you know, high demand. I wonder if this happened to Xanax how would he spin it, how would he find a way to blame minorities?

- Doc
He could always claim that black janitors from an elite Washington pizza parlor replaced the Keurig pods with Tide pods in the ERCOT executive offices causing them to egregiously gouge their customers.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:03 am
He could always claim that black janitors from an elite Washington pizza parlor replaced the Keurig pods with Tide pods in the ERCOT executive offices causing them to egregiously gouge their customers.
What's sad but true is that if Hannity or Carlson said this, ajax would believe it in a heartbeat and start repeating here ad nauseam (in an indignant way, no less).
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.