Rush Limbaugh is Dead

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr Exiled
God

Re: Rush Limbaugh is Dead

Post by Dr Exiled »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:31 am
Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:25 am
Didn't the NY Times retract their fire extinguisher story? The guy spoke to his brother later that day saying people sprayed him with bear spray. Yet the Times reported their narrative anyway. Aren't serious persons like you able to see the propaganda? Perhaps you need to leave the team for a while and then you will be able to see the propaganda? Anyway, shouldn't we be about truth instead of team narrative?
Link it and we’ll read it.

- Doc
Here is the link again to the Glenn Greenwald article about the Times poor reporting. https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-fa ... ted-claims

The narrative should be the 1% against the rest of us. Trump is part of the 1% but so is the NY Times.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:37 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
Here is the link again to the Glenn Greenwald article about the Times poor reporting. https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-fa ... ted-claims

The narrative should be the 1% against the rest of us. Trump is part of the 1% but so is the NY Times.
I meant link the retraction because what you done is simply linked to a right-wing narrative that’s been pushed hard. There’s a deliberate muddying of the waters on the issue, which is what you’re doing now when I asked you to tell me who the LW equivalent of Rush is. You came back with the mainstream media.

Cool.

Link the retraction and I’ll read it.

As a Centrist I’m very struck with how damned stupid this whole debate is. It’s forgivable that the NYT got the story wrong, or at least there seems to be a gap between two anon LEOs and that lacks basic journalistic integrity enough to issue a retraction. Reporting without all the facts is often incorrect.

However, why is there a rush to score political points with this story? At minimum a police officer died due to the actions of people attacking the police. It should be investigated as to how the man died and who was responsible. It doesn’t matter if he was hit with a fire extinguisher or maced; if the insurrectionists didn’t go to the Capitol building on January 6th he would be alive. But you’re straining at gnats.

Awesome.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:41 pm
I'd like to take a moment to honor the huge dump I just took. It was massive and full of corn. What was once food had a productive life, and it would be wrong of me to disrespect the piece of crap and not say a word of remembrance for it. I mean, this is the proper amount of respect one would pay to a piece of crap, is it not?

Can I get an "amen" before I flush?
Why can't I get an "amen?" Am I respecting the piece of crap too much?

I'm only asking because it's really starting to stink.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I've just got to say, in all seriousness... I've never witnessed a famous person's death who's reputation after passing seemed so acceptable to trash.

He certainly was an asshole.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:33 am
Why can't I get an "amen?" Am I respecting the piece of Crap too much?

I'm only asking because it's really starting to stink.
Go ahead and flush. It's like realizing that Bush was the very last of the normal Republicans and after Bush would be a continuous stream of some truly hideous pieces of crap.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Hey Philo
Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:56 am
News said he died today. A good day for America, the hater and hate filled liar is gone.
How spectacularly gracious and kind of you. I am certain that his family, friends and loved ones are deeply touched by your warm thoughts.
Why do we tolerate this kind of idiocy is beyond me.
While I can guess why it's "beyond you", there are still some folks left in this country that find toleration to be an extremely precious and valuable thing.
Our society needs to do better, far better.
I absolutely agree and I think your OP and this thread is a perfect place to start that process.

Ceeboo
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Nice to see you Ceeboo....
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:37 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

Equating the NYT with Limbaugh and now Trump, means you're not a serious person. Probably an idiot. All you've done is cite the same guys you have before to point out that sometimes news reports get it wrong. Whoopty doo. As if you need to keep citing these guys to figure this out? Is that supposed to be some kind of revelation? Getting it wrong doesn't automatically mean "propaganda" or an agenda driven narrative and for you to assert otherwise means you're doing precisely the thing you're accusing the NYT of doing. Occasionally getting something wrong is about the only common denominator there is between NYT and Rush Limbaugh or Donald Trump.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

ceeboo wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:37 pm
I am certain that his family, friends and loved ones are deeply touched by your warm thoughts.
Agreed. Philo's were likely among the warmest thoughts Rush has received.

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:25 am
Didn't the NY Times retract their fire extinguisher story? The guy spoke to his brother later that day saying people sprayed him with bear spray.
I have to wonder why he had been breathing in bear spray. If only there was a way to know what happened to him that day when he decided to do this.