Rush Limbaugh is Dead

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Rush Limbaugh is Dead

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:01 am
But for me it is sad becauze Rush really is irreplacaeable. He was a one of a kind talent.
I wish it were true that no one would ever replace him. He already had numerous hate mongers trying to emulate him long before he died. Unfortunately there are still enough bigots like you susceptible to Trump's hateful, racist rhetoric to make such deplorable broadcasting still profitable. That is a crying shame! I still predict, though, that even you will eventually find it no longer possible to escape the realization that Trump, whom Rush so avidly supported, was a horrible President.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

canpakes wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:11 am
ajax18 wrote:
The media tried forever to cancel Rush. They consistently failed for 30 years.
That’s a pretty nonsensical thing to say, given that his choice of media (or medium) thoroughly embraced his show and its inspired spin-offs, while being at the time and remaining to this day one of the major world communication modes.

It’s as if you think that radio, and conservative talk shows in particular, are only available in a dozen towns spread over a couple of flyover states, and only on alternate Tuesdays or somesuch. You might want to get in a car, flick on the radio that is always within one, and drive across the country, and tell me just how ‘hard’ it is to find someone following the same format. Rather, it would be near-impossible over stretches of hundreds of miles to find anything but conservative talk radio pundits plying their trade, on multiple stations, at any point along your travels.

It’s pretty hard to claim ‘persecution’ when anyone can hear your choice of political spin broadcast over every inch of America, 24 hours a day, from multiple broadcast points and using one of the oldest, cheapest and most widespread communication modes in the nation.
It’s always astonishing to me how thoroughly up his own ass Xanax seems to be - what is it with fascists with having to be simultaneously strong (whiteness is supremacy) and weak (we’re victims of genocide)? A lion doesn’t go around telling others he’s a lion. He damned knows it. And yet, Xanax needed to be told he was a lion by a warthog.

Meanwhile, that free market electrical grid owned by white guys is gouging their white customers. I just read about and saw the bill for a couple who own a $1300 sq ft home. It was $3600 because, you know, high demand. I wonder if this happened to Xanax how would he spin it, how would he find a way to blame minorities?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

canpakes wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:11 am

That’s a pretty nonsensical thing to say, given that his choice of media (or medium) thoroughly embraced his show and its inspired spin-offs, while being at the time and remaining to this day one of the major world communication modes.

It’s as if you think that radio, and conservative talk shows in particular, are only available in a dozen towns spread over a couple of flyover states, and only on alternate Tuesdays or somesuch. You might want to get in a car, flick on the radio that is always within one, and drive across the country, and tell me just how ‘hard’ it is to find someone following the same format. Rather, it would be near-impossible over stretches of hundreds of miles to find anything but conservative talk radio pundits plying their trade, on multiple stations, at any point along your travels.

It’s pretty hard to claim ‘persecution’ when anyone can hear your choice of political spin broadcast over every inch of America, 24 hours a day, from multiple broadcast points and using one of the oldest, cheapest and most widespread communication modes in the nation.
I was once infected with Limbaugh-er disease back in the 80's. I think it's a thing. What happens is someone who is infected takes their radio to the jobsite and turns it up real loud to the Rush network, and so forth.

I have two sons, 31, 33 who both became infected just about exactly four years ago by this same method. They both work at an air-gas co. in Portland. Their shop manager was the previously infected zombie. From what I can tell, 'Markley, Van Camp and Robbins' is this particular strain.

ETA. 90s. Not 80s
Last edited by dantana on Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Meadowchik
Priest

Post by Meadowchik »

dantana wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:45 pm

I was once infected with Limbaugh-er disease back in the 80's. I think it's a thing. What happens is someone who is infected takes their radio to the jobsite and turns it up real loud to the Rush network, and so forth.

I have two sons, 31, 33 who both became infected just about exactly four years ago by this same method. They both work at an air-gas co. in Portland. Their shop manager was the previously infected zombie. From what I can tell, 'Markley, Van Camp and Robbins' is this particular strain.

Me too. I actually made it on a broadcast as a caller. The thought is extremely embarrassing and I remember my comment being truly inane. It's funny, he took my call to be able to play off of my hometown at the time, because it reminded him of his Nobel nomination. Mutual inaneness.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I wonder if this happened to Xanax how would he spin it, how would he find a way to blame minorities?
It did happen to me and my neighbors as well. It was due to a liberal city government who made some very poor investments in green energy. It's also due to the fact that it's considered racist and white supremacist to discriminate against nonpayers nowadays. Once you get a doctor to sign the appropriate medical condition you never have to pay your electric bill again. Legally the company cannot cut your electric.

We were very close to energy independence under Trump. All that has been undone very quickly as Biden (or whoever is really pulling the strings) tells the world we no longer have an America first agenda.
Last edited by ajax18 on Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
But for me it is sad becauze Rush really is irreplacaeable. He was a one of a kind talent.
AIDS is pretty special too. And cancer! Who can forget cancer? Absolutely brilliant.

And let's not forget herpes. Who can predict what that's gonna do?

Oh, I could go on and on, but I get your point.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

In 1985, under a chair appointed by President Ronald Reagan, the FCC stated that the Fairness Doctrine hurt the public interest. Two years later, under another Reagan-appointed chair, the FCC abolished the rule.

in my opinion, the repeal of the Fairness Doctrine was a mistake back in 1987. The country wasn't as partisan back in the 1980s as it is now.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

We were very close to energy independence under Trump. All that has been undone very quickly as Biden (or whoever is really pulling the strings) tells the world we no longer have an America first agenda.
uh huh. you must be forgetting just days ago you were claiming the energy problem you were having was a local one. That's how you got around blaming Trump as it was he who was president when your electric bill went from 175$ to 975$ a month.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:00 am
Gunnar wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:25 am

Are you asking that because you really don't know (which I find almost unbelievable), or are you just inviting someone to step up to the plate and expose all of Rush's perfidy and lies for everyone else's benefit?
He's being facetious. It's his modus operandi. Either that or he's been living under a rock for decades.

You decide.
I'll go with facetious. He has often demonstrated that he is very well informed about a wide range of subjects.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Meadowchik wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:46 pm

Me too. I actually made it on a broadcast as a caller. The thought is extremely embarrassing and I remember my comment being truly inane. It's funny, he took my call to be able to play off of my hometown at the time, because it reminded him of his Nobel nomination. Mutual inaneness.
Well that's kinda kewl, to make it on as a caller. Don't be too embarrassed though, Rush was entertaining enough. In my particular defense, my infection was during the Bill Clinton years. So, that makes it kinda OK since I still don't like anything Clinton. I'm not totally sure though if that's because of Rush, or if I just don't like Clintons as I've always had Bill pegged as a bit phony, and Hillary stayed with an overt serial philanderer, for whatever reason people do that.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh