Rush Limbaugh is Dead

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Rush Limbaugh is Dead

Post by canpakes »

ceeboo wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:37 pm
While I can guess why it's "beyond you", there are still some folks left in this country that find toleration to be an extremely precious and valuable thing.
Perhaps. Good for those folks. I’d note that Rush himself didn’t seem to care much for respecting that concept.
Molok
Nursery

Post by Molok »

Rush Limbaugh was a depraved piece of human filth who reveled in mocking anyone lower than him in the social totem pole. I will never feel one second of regret for the feelings of happiness and joy that overwhelmed me the moment I found out he died. I am even more happy that in the final months of his life he got to witness Trump lose over and over in courts, and fail to overthrow our government. But what makes me the most happy is that he died a slow painful death from cancer. It’s nearly enough to make me start going back to church. 😍😍😍
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ceeboo wrote:
there are still some folks left in this country that find toleration to be an extremely precious and valuable thing.
Indeed it is - far too precious a virtue to be wasted on liars and frauds.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ceeboo wrote:
Hey Philo
Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:56 am
News said he died today. A good day for America, the hater and hate filled liar is gone.
How spectacularly gracious and kind of you. I am certain that his family, friends and loved ones are deeply touched by your warm thoughts.
Why do we tolerate this kind of idiocy is beyond me.
While I can guess why it's "beyond you", there are still some folks left in this country that find toleration to be an extremely precious and valuable thing.
Our society needs to do better, far better.
I absolutely agree and I think your OP and this thread is a perfect place to start that process.

Ceeboo
Talk about coming in with a bang. Nice to see you Ceebs.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Or, do put it another way: simply being dead is not an excuse for anything much.

If you were an unprincipled person who lied to people for money as long as you possibly could, dying involuntarily simply because you got a fatal illness in no way makes you any less a piece of (whatever you were). No-one is suggesting people should shout, 'Your son was a piece of (whatever)" at his poor old mother, assuming her still to be around, but in the public sphere we can all heave a collective sigh at his departure from the scene.

Unfortunately, we now have to live with large numbers of people who have seen how profitable it can be to spread lies and hate on air, thanks to Mr Limbaugh. He's well out of it all, but the rest of us are not.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

It's funny; I don't seem to remember anyone coming on and saying there are still some folks left that find toleration to be an extremely precious and valuable thing after Osama Bin Laden died. Weird.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

The truth is that the left had a monopoly on the media before Rush. Anyone who breaks that monopoly is going to be maligned as defiant, oppositional, and of course RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRacist! The media tried forever to cancel Rush. They consistently failed for 30 years.

But for me it is sad becauze Rush really is irreplacaeable. He was a one of a kind talent.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

One of a kind!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:55 am
One of a kind!
Well, I seldom feel the need to fact check the left side feed...and, especially penguin feed but, there it is. Damn.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/rush- ... aids-gays/
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:01 am
The media tried forever to cancel Rush. They consistently failed for 30 years.
That’s a pretty nonsensical thing to say, given that his choice of media (or medium) thoroughly embraced his show and its inspired spin-offs, while being at the time and remaining to this day one of the major world communication modes.

It’s as if you think that radio, and conservative talk shows in particular, are only available in a dozen towns spread over a couple of flyover states, and only on alternate Tuesdays or somesuch. You might want to get in a car, flick on the radio that is always within one, and drive across the country, and tell me just how ‘hard’ it is to find someone following the same format. Rather, it would be near-impossible over stretches of hundreds of miles to find anything but conservative talk radio pundits plying their trade, on multiple stations, at any point along your travels.

It’s pretty hard to claim ‘persecution’ when anyone can hear your choice of political spin broadcast over every inch of America, 24 hours a day, from multiple broadcast points and using one of the oldest, cheapest and most widespread communication modes in the nation.