Texas Cold Snaps ERCOT

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Brack
Deacon

Re: Texas Cold Snaps ERCOT

Post by Brack »

I am for giving Texas all the Federal assistant that they need as long that they promise to vote Ted Cruz out of the Senate in 2024.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Brack wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:29 pm
I am for giving Texas all the Federal assistant that they need as long that they promise to vote Ted Cruz out of the Senate in 2024.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to vote John Cornyn out as well, in 2026, but yes, definitely Ted Cruz!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Donald Trump’s former economic adviser has claimed that the Texas winter storm power outages are “the consequences” of Joe Biden being in the White House.

Mr. Larry Kudlow was happy to blame it on Mr. Biden but did not try and explain how the president had caused the unprecedented grid failure. Kudlow added, "Best to leave the details of these lies to our slavering minions on the internet and in Congress".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 05398.html
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:05 am
Donald Trump’s former economic adviser has claimed that the Texas winter storm power outages are “the consequences” of Joe Biden being in the White House.

Mr. Larry Kudlow was happy to blame it on Mr. Biden but did not try and explain how the president had caused the unprecedented grid failure. Kudlow added, "Best to leave the details of these lies to our slavering minions on the internet and in Congress".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 05398.html
This appears to be yet another example of a GOP pundit treating the GOP base like damned morons, but in this case, Kudlow can't help it because he is a damned moron.

In the GOP, it's hard to tease out who's really moron and who simply acts that way.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:14 pm
This appears to be yet another example of a GOP pundit treating the GOP base like stupid morons, but in this case, Kudlow can't help it because he is a stupid moron.

In the GOP, it's hard to tease out who's really moron and who simply acts that way.
It is only becoming ever more obvious that GOP politicians are either stupid morons themselves, or are deliberately trying to take unfair advantage of the voters whom they perceive to be stupid morons.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

My state got hammered with questions by concerned residents who wanted to know if what happened in Texas could happen here. So we all got a nice email that basically says, "no, that can't happen here. We aren't a bunch of morons like they are."
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:18 am
My state got hammered with questions by concerned residents who wanted to know if what happened in Texas could happen here. So we all got a nice email that basically says, "no, that can't happen here. We aren't a bunch of morons like they are."
There are growing indications that Texans are becoming increasingly disenchanted with Republican rule in their state, and may turn into a blue state in the not too distant future. Unfortunately their two Republican Senators, Cruz and Cornyn, have 4 and 6 years left respectively before they are up for election again. For Texans' sake, I hope they both get voted out at the end of their terms--especially Cruz. He is the worst!