Miami Doctor Attacks Hispanic "This is not Biden's Country."

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Icarus
Bishop

Re: Miami Doctor Attacks Hispanic "This is not Biden's Country."

Post by Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:07 pm
Most of them get paid more than that already. You're just too ignorant on the subject. The minimum wage isn't about immigration.
Then why do we need a minimum wage if the market has already pushed wages above $15/hr?
For the second time already, you dumb fuq, because the minimum wage isn't about paying illegal immigrants no matter how bad you want it to be about that.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Can you imagine what Xanax would’ve been saying about the Irish had he lived in the 1800s? Or the Germans? Or the Dutch on the Hudson, or Scots, or small groups of Swiss, Swedes, Finns, or French Huguenots? How about Spanish Florida? Or the Natives who stood in the way in Kentucky? I have a feeling that whatever side Xanax would find himself on, he’d view others with hate and mistrust while giving his own side the benefit of the doubt. It’s literally a psychological issue with him.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:10 pm
I have a feeling that whatever side Xanax would find himself on, he’d view others with hate and misteust while giving his own side the benefit of the doubt. It’s literally a psychological issue with him.
Yeah, especially when you consider the vast majority of the crap he complains about is his own party's fault.

Dumb as a damned stick.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:12 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:10 pm
I have a feeling that whatever side Xanax would find himself on, he’d view others with hate and misteust while giving his own side the benefit of the doubt. It’s literally a psychological issue with him.
Yeah, especially when you consider the vast majority of the crap he complains about is his own party's fault.

Dumb as a stupid stick.
He might just be misreading because he needs glasses... :lol:
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:09 am
He might just be misreading because he needs glasses... :lol:
:lol: That's it! I'm surprised at myself for that not having occurred to me before. He's such an incompetent optometrist, he can't even reliably correct his own vision. No wonder he misreads almost everything we say or point out to him!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:42 am
Racism is kind of like of peat fire: most of it is happening underground. In the past 4 years it has been invited out into the sunshine by Mar a Lago's Sun King.

As they say in commercials, here's the thing: You can tell people what to say, but you can't tell them what to think. You don't get someone to stop being a racist by getting them stop acting like a racist. Racism does not need public permission to survive. It certainly becomes stronger when it has the wink-wink *support* of one of the major political parties, but racism will be here even if the GOP has, if you'll excuse the expression, a 'come to Jesus' moment about racism. Louie Gohmert could fund a Spike Lee film festival, but there will still be racists.

This is the paradox about zero tolerance. It make us feel better, because we can't hear racism. But zero tolerance is a palliative, not a cure. Like Novocaine, it doesn't kill the pain, it postpones it.

I've said before, we need something like a truth and reconciliation commission in this country to enable people who are racists to have a process to understand their racism and what it does to themselves when they hate, and how much of the world they shut out. Otherwise it will continue to smolder beneath the surface of public acceptability.
Extremely well said! What you said here so succinctly is precisely what I have thought to be true for a long time now. I particularly like your peat fire analogy. With the election of Obama, our first Black President, I had high hopes that perhaps our nation had finally turned the corner on racism. Now I realize that, like you said, it was still smoldering underground like a peat fire. Trump just uncovered it and and exposed it more fully to oxygen, permitting it to flare out more openly.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

If ajax is any indication, it's seems racism is mostly rooted in personal and/or economic insecurity. What's the cure for that?
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:01 am
If ajax is any indication, it seems racism is mostly rooted in personal and/or economic insecurity. What's the cure for that?
Racism could be rooted at the heart of conservatism. Remember, they never claimed to be nice guys. See below from Trump staffer and Fox contributor Dr. Sebastian Gorka:
https://Twitter.com/CopingMAGA/status/1 ... 76/photo/1
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Some Schmo wrote:
If ajax is any indication, it's seems racism is mostly rooted in personal and/or economic insecurity. What's the cure for that?
Lol. No.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Moksha wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:33 am
Some Schmo wrote:
If ajax is any indication, it seems racism is mostly rooted in personal and/or economic insecurity. What's the cure for that?
Racism could be rooted at the heart of conservatism. Remember, they never claimed to be nice guys. See below from Trump staffer and Fox contributor Dr. Sebastian Gorka:
https://Twitter.com/CopingMAGA/status/1 ... 76/photo/1
Not that I'd expect anyone on Twitter could detect nuance, but I believe what's-his-nuts is insinuating that what's-her-nuts making the claim of white supremacy within the GOP is erroneous in the first place therefore she was never really a member of the GOP where white supremacy totes doesn't exist - she doesn't get it and she's a tool of the Left.

That said, the comments section remind of this timely screen captcha that I just saw on Reddit:

- Doc