Miami Doctor Attacks Hispanic "This is not Biden's Country."

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Icarus
Bishop

Miami Doctor Attacks Hispanic "This is not Biden's Country."

Post by Icarus »

WOW, could it be that Ajax is actually a female doctor in Florida? Sounds totally like him.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... d0yYDkqHKk

‘This is my country.’ Pro-Trump Miami doctor charged with hate crime for attacking Hispanic man

A Mount Sinai Medical Center anesthesiologist has been arrested and charged with a hate crime after police say she attacked a Hispanic man at a Hialeah Publix, vandalizing his car, calling him a racial slur and vowing to “get rid of every single one of you.”

She became enraged, police say, after the man asked her to maintain social distancing while in line at the supermarket.

Dr. Jennifer Susan Wright, 58, a white ardent supporter of former President Donald Trump, has been charged with criminal mischief, tampering with a victim and battery with prejudice, a “hate crime” enhancement that upgraded the charge to a felony.

The alleged attack happened on Jan. 20 — the day President Joseph Biden was inaugurated. It unfolded at the Publix at 155 E. Second Ave, a popular shopping spot for residents from Miami Springs.

In line to pay, the woman got too close to a man who asked her in Spanish to please maintain her distance. She ignored his request, police said, so he repeated it in English. The arrest report said she began “mumbling bad words,” and the man ignored her and walked to his car.

But in the Publix parking lot, as he tried to load his groceries, she walked up to him and got to within one foot of his face, police said. When he asked her to back up, it “enraged the defendant even more.”

According to an arrest report, she called the victim a “spic,” which is a slur for Hispanics, and said “we should have gotten rid of of you when we could.” She also said “This is not going to be Biden’s America, this is my America” and “we should have burned it all,” the report said.

Then, the report said, Wright took our her keys and began scratching the man’s car. “The defendant also proceeds to stab the victim’s vehicle with her keys while saying he needed to go back to his country,” the report said.

The man tried calling 911, but the doctor punched him, causing him to drop the phone. As he tried to pick it up, she kicked him and tried to stomp the phone, police said.

She eventually fled in a Jeep Wrangler. The case made its way to police detectives, who arrested her early Friday outside her home in Miami Springs, a small upscale town wedged between Hialeah and Miami International Airport.

In Miami Springs, Wright was known as a fervent Trump supporter — during the Halloween season, she erected a sinister-looking mannequin made to look like Joe Biden, with a sign that read “Expose the Biden Crime Family.” In the weeks before the holiday, residents could often be seen gleefully taking photos with the mannequin.

On Facebook, Wright has also posted many pro-Trump and anti-Democrat memes, posed with a red Make American Great Again hat and even uploaded a post that read: “It’s Okay To Be White.”
Icarus
Bishop

Re: Miami Doctor Attacks Hispanic "This is not Biden's Country."

Post by Icarus »

Feds now say right-wing extremists responsible for majority of deadly terrorist attacks last year

https://news.yahoo.com/right-wing-extre ... byAZHyS2wW
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Icarus wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:15 pm
Feds now say right-wing extremists responsible for majority of deadly terrorist attacks last year

https://news.yahoo.com/right-wing-extre ... byAZHyS2wW
There is really nothing new about this in recent years, as has been previously pointed out and documented on this board. It's just the way things are. But of course you won't hear that on Fox News.

See here for instance:

The Escalating Terrorism Problem in the United States

Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Meadowchik
Priest

Post by Meadowchik »

Reminds me of the insurrectionists insisting that the Capitol is "our house" being completely unaware of what that means. It's not just Trumpers' but belongs to all Americans, meaning there are rules of entry which they themselves are violating. No self-awareness at all.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Racism is kind of like of peat fire: most of it is happening underground. In the past 4 years it has been invited out into the sunshine by Mar a Lago's Sun King.

As they say in commercials, here's the thing: You can tell people what to say, but you can't tell them what to think. You don't get someone to stop being a racist by getting them stop acting like a racist. Racism does not need public permission to survive. It certainly becomes stronger when it has the wink-wink *support* of one of the major political parties, but racism will be here even if the GOP has, if you'll excuse the expression, a 'come to Jesus' moment about racism. Louie Gohmert could fund a Spike Lee film festival, but there will still be racists.

This is the paradox about zero tolerance. It make us feel better, because we can't hear racism. But zero tolerance is a palliative, not a cure. Like Novocaine, it doesn't kill the pain, it postpones it.

I've said before, we need something like a truth and reconciliation commission in this country to enable people who are racists to have a process to understand their racism and what it does to themselves when they hate, and how much of the world they shut out. Otherwise it will continue to smolder beneath the surface of public acceptability.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:42 am
Racism is kind of like of peat fire: most of it is happening underground. In the past 4 years it has been invited out into the sunshine by Mar a Lago's Sun King.

As they say in commercials, here's the thing: You can tell people what to say, but you can't tell them what to think. You don't get someone to stop being a racist by getting them stop acting like a racist. Racism does not need public permission to survive. It certainly becomes stronger when it has the wink-wink *support* of one of the major political parties, but racism will be here even if the GOP has, if you'll excuse the expression, a 'come to Jesus' moment about racism. Louie Gohmert could fund a Spike Lee film festival, but there will still be racists.

This is the paradox about zero tolerance. It make us feel better, because we can't hear racism. But zero tolerance is a palliative, not a cure. Like Novocaine, it doesn't kill the pain, it postpones it.

I've said before, we need something like a truth and reconciliation commission in this country to enable people who are racists to have a process to understand their racism and what it does to themselves when they hate, and how much of the world they shut out. Otherwise it will continue to smolder beneath the surface of public acceptability.
Great post MDO.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:42 am
Like Novocaine, it doesn't kill the pain, it postpones it.
What about Xanax? If you have a Civil War Statue erection lasting over 4 hours, should you call the Southern Poverty Law Center?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Icarus wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:12 pm
WOW, could it be that Ajax is actually a female doctor in Florida? Sounds totally like him.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... d0yYDkqHKk

‘This is my country.’ Pro-Trump Miami doctor charged with hate crime for attacking Hispanic man

A Mount Sinai Medical Center anesthesiologist has been arrested and charged with a hate crime after police say she attacked a Hispanic man at a Hialeah Publix, vandalizing his car, calling him a racial slur and vowing to “get rid of every single one of you.”

She became enraged, police say, after the man asked her to maintain social distancing while in line at the supermarket.

Dr. Jennifer Susan Wright, 58, a white ardent supporter of former President Donald Trump, has been charged with criminal mischief, tampering with a victim and battery with prejudice, a “hate crime” enhancement that upgraded the charge to a felony.

The alleged attack happened on Jan. 20 — the day President Joseph Biden was inaugurated. It unfolded at the Publix at 155 E. Second Ave, a popular shopping spot for residents from Miami Springs.

In line to pay, the woman got too close to a man who asked her in Spanish to please maintain her distance. She ignored his request, police said, so he repeated it in English. The arrest report said she began “mumbling bad words,” and the man ignored her and walked to his car.

But in the Publix parking lot, as he tried to load his groceries, she walked up to him and got to within one foot of his face, police said. When he asked her to back up, it “enraged the defendant even more.”

According to an arrest report, she called the victim a “spic,” which is a slur for Hispanics, and said “we should have gotten rid of of you when we could.” She also said “This is not going to be Biden’s America, this is my America” and “we should have burned it all,” the report said.

Then, the report said, Wright took our her keys and began scratching the man’s car. “The defendant also proceeds to stab the victim’s vehicle with her keys while saying he needed to go back to his country,” the report said.

The man tried calling 911, but the doctor punched him, causing him to drop the phone. As he tried to pick it up, she kicked him and tried to stomp the phone, police said.

She eventually fled in a Jeep Wrangler. The case made its way to police detectives, who arrested her early Friday outside her home in Miami Springs, a small upscale town wedged between Hialeah and Miami International Airport.

In Miami Springs, Wright was known as a fervent Trump supporter — during the Halloween season, she erected a sinister-looking mannequin made to look like Joe Biden, with a sign that read “Expose the Biden Crime Family.” In the weeks before the holiday, residents could often be seen gleefully taking photos with the mannequin.

On Facebook, Wright has also posted many pro-Trump and anti-Democrat memes, posed with a red Make American Great Again hat and even uploaded a post that read: “It’s Okay To Be White.”
I must respect your efforts as lord of the plantation to take care of your undocumented employees. Glad you and Osoff have the campesinos back. I must ask though how we're going to be able to afford to eat lettuce with the new $15/hr minimum wage. Oh yeah, that's right, you do all your business under the table anyway on the black market anyway.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

As an outsider to the US cultural scene, I must confess I have extreme difficulty in understanding how ajax's post has any relation to the preceding post that he quotes in its entirety.

Am I missing something? The only point I can get out of it seems to be that ajax thinks that lettuce pickers have a duty to stay poor so that he can enjoy cheap lettuce.

Walmart is currently advertising iceberg lettuce at $1.48 each. Since (as I suspect) the picker's wages typically represent only a small proportion of the retail cost, I doubt whether a $15 hourly rate is going to price that commodity out of a poor little optometrist's reach.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Am I missing something? The only point I can get out of it seems to be that ajax thinks that lettuce pickers have a duty to stay poor so that he can enjoy cheap lettuce.
No that was the excuse Icarus always gave on why we can't hire unemployed Americans and needed immigrants to fill jobs for a price that Americans aren't willing to do.

This woman is obviously crazy. But Trump should not be responsible for what his voters do anymore than Bernie Sanders should be responsible for the man that shot Steve Scalise or any more than Obama should be responsible for the man that murdered 3 Baton Rouge police officers.

Icarus is the modern day plantation owner. He brings these "campesinos," into the country often illegally and exploits them because he's not actually willing to pay $15/hr and conduct his business legally. Then a generation or two later they'll all be asking for reparations but not until Icarus is long gone. Then when Icarus is done with his illegal worker, he cuts them lose into society penniless and socks it to the American taxpayer to pay for the situation one way or the other, while he cleverly always finds way to avoid paying the tax himself thus keeping himself amongst a truly elite class of privleged individuals who don't even have to work for a living.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.