Miami Doctor Attacks Hispanic "This is not Biden's Country."

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Miami Doctor Attacks Hispanic "This is not Biden's Country."

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:14 pm
Am I missing something? The only point I can get out of it seems to be that ajax thinks that lettuce pickers have a duty to stay poor so that he can enjoy cheap lettuce.
[...]
This woman is obviously crazy. But Trump should not be responsible for what his voters do anymore than Bernie Sanders should be responsible for the man that shot Steve Scalise or any more than Obama should be responsible for the man that murdered 3 Baton Rouge police officers.
[...]
Um, really? You think politicians can just spout any crazy provocative crap they like to an audience of already highly aroused supporters (which Trump did on a daily basis; the other two ... not so much, shall we say?), and bear no responsibility for what those supporters do?

Naaah. No way do you believe that.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Um, really? You think politicians can just spout any crazy provocative crap they like to an audience of already highly aroused supporters (which Trump did on a daily basis; the other two ... not so much, shall we say?
What do you mean not so much? The left was responsible for violence, looting, and theft the entire summer! Just because big tech censored the videos of what they did and your choice of news doesn't show it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Kamala Harris should be impeached for bailing out violent BLM protesters much more so than Trump.

Perhaps you're using the Merrick Garland standard,

Merrick Garland: Portland Riots May Not Be ‘Domestic Terrorism’ Because Courthouse Was Closed
Judge Merrick Garland told the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday that Antifa’s attacks on the U.S. courthouse in Portland last year may not have been “domestic terrorism,” because unlike the Capitol riot, they took place at night when the court was not “in operation.”

Garland, who is President Joe Biden’s nominee for U.S. Attorney General, was questioned at his confirmation hearing by Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO):

Sen. Hawley: Let me ask you about assaults on federal property in places other than Washington, DC — Portland, for instance, Seattle. Do you regard assaults on federal courthouses or other federal property as acts of domestic extremism, domestic terrorism?

Judge Garland: Well, Senator, my own definition, which is about the same as the statutory definition, is the use of violence or threats of violence in attempt to disrupt the democratic processes. So an attack on a courthouse, while in operation, trying to prevent judges from actually deciding cases, that plainly is domestic extremism, domestic terrorism. An attack simply on a government property at night, or any other kind of circumstances, is a clear crime and a serious one, and should be punished. I don’t know enough about the facts of the example you’re talking about. But that’s where I draw the line. One is — both are criminal, but one is a core attack on our democratic institutions.

Last August, then-Attorney General William Barr described the attacks on the courthouse:

Behind the veil of “protests,” highly organized violent operators have carried out direct attacks on federal personnel and property, particularly the federal courthouse in Portland. Shielded by the crowds, which make it difficult for law enforcement to detect or reach them, violent opportunists in Portland have attacked the courthouse and federal officers with explosives, lasers, projectiles, and other dangerous devices. In some cases, purported “journalists” or “legal observers” have provided cover for the violent offenders; in others, individuals wearing supposed press badges have themselves attacked law enforcement or trespassed on federal property. More than 200 federal officers have been injured in Portland alone.

The riots resulted in the front of the courthouse being boarded up; the destruction of security equipment protecting the courthouse; and the breaking of windows in the offices of federal prosecutors.

Garland cited the domestic terrorism statute, which defines “domestic terrorism” as follows (18 USC § 2331):

(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that— (A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; (B) appear to be intended— (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States

Notably, the statute does not confine acts of domestic terrorism to working hour
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Latter-day Saints gas station in Salt Lake at 33rd South

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
He brings these "campesinos," into the country often illegally and exploits them because he's not actually willing to pay $15/hr and conduct his business legally. Then a generation or two later they'll all be asking for reparations but not until Icarus is long gone. Then when Icarus is done with his illegal worker, he cuts them lose into society penniless and socks it to the American taxpayer to pay for the situation one way or the other, while he cleverly always finds way to avoid paying the tax himself thus keeping himself amongst a truly elite class of privleged individuals who don't even have to work for a living.
Um... You're describing a Republican businessman here. I don't think Icarus is a Republican.

It's remarkable how often you're confused about basic facts. The question I have is are your regularly wrong because you're stupid, or is it because you're motivated by innate resentment to believe damned nonsense?

I'm guessing you're the combo platter, there.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Am I missing something? The only point I can get out of it seems to be that ajax thinks that lettuce pickers have a duty to stay poor so that he can enjoy cheap lettuce.
No that was the excuse Icarus always gave on why we can't hire unemployed Americans and needed immigrants to fill jobs for a price that Americans aren't willing to do.

This woman is obviously crazy. But Trump should not be responsible for what his voters do anymore than Bernie Sanders should be responsible for the man that shot Steve Scalise or any more than Obama should be responsible for the man that murdered 3 Baton Rouge police officers.

Icarus is the modern day plantation owner. He brings these "campesinos," into the country often illegally and exploits them because he's not actually willing to pay $15/hr and conduct his business legally. Then a generation or two later they'll all be asking for reparations but not until Icarus is long gone. Then when Icarus is done with his illegal worker, he cuts them lose into society penniless and socks it to the American taxpayer to pay for the situation one way or the other, while he cleverly always finds way to avoid paying the tax himself thus keeping himself amongst a truly elite class of privleged individuals who don't even have to work for a living.
You're lying again as usual. No one said we "can't hire unemployed Americans" and you know this. The fact is unemployed Americans don't have the will or the work ethic to do those jobs which is why they're not being hired to do them. Secondly, you're an idiot if you think lettuce pickers are making less than minimum wage. In reality they're making nearly twice the minimum wage.
Many farmworkers are paid an hourly rate higher than California’s minimum wage—$10.00 or $10.50 an hour in 2017, depending on whether the employer has 25 or less, or 26 or more employees, respectively—and workers who are paid piece rates, which reflect how much they pick or prune, often earn $12 to $14 an hour. Many young male farmworkers aim to earn $100 a day, which is $12.50 an hour for an eight-hour day and $14.30 an hour for a seven-hour day.
https://www.epi.org/blog/farmworker-wag ... -earnings/

When we first had this conversation some years ago I posted an article explaining how in Yuma Arizona, ICE raids caused lettuce prices to spike because the lettuce farmers couldn't get any one else to do the picking, even with ads for $14/hr. You left the discussion because reality i presented disrupted your racist fantasy world.

Also, my primary contractor I pay "under the table" makes more money than you do. I paid him roughly $40,000 over a six week period while he renovated a house we flipped. Plantation owner? You sound like an idiot who can't think for himself, just regurgitating the idiotic rhetoric from Candace Owens and the like.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

The fact is unemployed Americans don't have the will or the work ethic to do those jobs which is why they're not being hired to do them.
Of course they don't thanks to the welfare state you created. Once they get their citizenship they move onto SSI disability.
Also, my primary contractor I pay "under the table" makes more money than you do.
Of course he does. It's tax free!
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Um... You're describing a Republican businessman here.
An establishment Republican. They share the same contempt for the American working class as Icarus.
I don't think Icarus is a Republican.
No he's a limousine liberal Democrat and former establishment Republican. As you can see he never really changed much.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:01 am
No he's a limousine liberal Democrat and former establishment Republican.
You’re a peculiar fellow, always mad at immigrants who earn less than you and ranting against folks who make more than you.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:01 am
The fact is unemployed Americans don't have the will or the work ethic to do those jobs which is why they're not being hired to do them.
Of course they don't thanks to the welfare state you created. Once they get their citizenship they move onto SSI disability.
Also, my primary contractor I pay "under the table" makes more money than you do.
Of course he does. It's tax free!
Once they get their citizenship you dumb fuq? We're talking about unemployed AMERICANS, try to pay attention.

First you bitch because you say I'm underpaying him and then you admit he makes more than you. Has nothing to do with "tax free."
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:01 am
Um... You're describing a Republican businessman here.
An establishment Republican. They share the same contempt for the American working class as Icarus.
I don't think Icarus is a Republican.
No he's a limousine liberal Democrat and former establishment Republican. As you can see he never really changed much.

I'm an educated, self supporting American citizen who comes from a long line of military service, who has done very well economically and I don't blame dark people, taxes or make excuses when things go bad. I'm everything you pretend to be in terms of a contributing member of American society. People like me stimulate the economy and make your life easier. I pay more taxes than you do and I give more to charity as well. I usually tip 30-50% every time we go out to eat, making it a point to "give back" as often as I can.

But I don't teach my children to be racist pieces of human garbage like you do.