Miami Doctor Attacks Hispanic "This is not Biden's Country."

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Miami Doctor Attacks Hispanic "This is not Biden's Country."

Post by Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:01 am
Um... You're describing a Republican businessman here.
An establishment Republican. They share the same contempt for the American working class as Icarus.
LOL... you probably actually think Trump doesn't have contempt for, well, everyone else, including the American worker.

If that's what you honestly believe, you truly are dumb as “F”. This is the thing Trump and I have in common: we both think you and everyone else who supports him is a moron. That is quite clear.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:12 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:01 am

An establishment Republican. They share the same contempt for the American working class as Icarus.
LOL... you probably actually think Trump doesn't have contempt for, well, everyone else, including the American worker.

If that's what you honestly believe, you truly are dumb as “F”. This is the thing Trump and I have in common: we both think you and everyone else who supports him is a moron. That is quite clear.
At the time of the mob assault on the Capitol, Trump was reported by a White House insider to have been disappointed as he watched it all on TV, because the members of the mob seemed to be 'low class'.

Trump likes to think of himself as a member of a very, very exclusive elite of New York society, though he has never had any objection to making money out of the unwashed masses. Unfortunately, it appears that New York society is no longer prepared to repay the compliment, either to him or to his family members.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

First you bitch because you say I'm underpaying him and then you admit he makes more than you. Has nothing to do with "tax free."
So you're admitting that you skirt tax laws by hiring and paying on the black market?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:34 pm
First you bitch because you say I'm underpaying him and then you admit he makes more than you. Has nothing to do with "tax free."
So you're admitting that you skirt tax laws by hiring and paying on the black market?
Well, maybe he thinks he and the people he pays have a right to their paychecks? Like you do? And If you could manage to stop the government taking any, you would, wouldn't you? (if not, 50% of your posts would lose their point ...)

So ... ?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

If he contracts out the work then the contractor and his employees are responsible for paying their taxes. ??? damned Xanax.

edit: An example, yes?

My wife and I are selling the house we got for her sister to live in. After emptying out the mess, we hired a cleaning crew. We paid them. Is it on us to run her cleaning business for her? No. We then paid a painter to come in and paint the house. Is it on us to ensure he pays his taxes? No. We hired a floor guy to replace the flooring and carpets. Do we need to ensure he and his crew are complying with the law? No. That’s on them

That’s how this industry works. You contract people to come in and do the work you’re either unwilling or incapable of doing. You might as well ask me to talk to the owner of a bistro to review payroll and his taxes before spending money on his services if you think I’m responsible for his business practices.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

This woman is obviously crazy. But Trump should not be responsible for what his voters do anymore than Bernie Sanders should be responsible for the man that shot Steve Scalise or any more than Obama should be responsible for the man that murdered 3 Baton Rouge police officers.

I will agree with you that Trump isn't responsible for the actions of this crazy racist woman in Florida. But I believe that Trump is mainly responsible for the storming of the storming of the US Capital by his ardent supporters.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Brack wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:46 pm
I will agree with you that Trump isn't responsible for the actions of this crazy racist woman in Florida.
Well, there will always be some crazy and angry people around looking for a target.

But if one is a public figure who addresses the media knowing and hoping that your words will be widely circulated, it is frankly irresponsible to seek the votes of such people by feeding them with lies that lead them to demonise certain groups that don't deserve it. If, for instance, you launch a presidential campaign with the words:
The US has become a dumping ground for everybody else's problems. Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
And later go on to repeat it:
"With us, it's a lottery system — pick them out — a lottery system. You can imagine what those countries put into the system. They're not putting their good ones.
"And remember my opening remarks at Trump Tower, when I opened. Everybody said, 'Oh, he was so tough,' and I used the word 'rape.' And yesterday, it came out where, this journey coming up, women are raped at levels that nobody has ever seen before. They don't want to mention that.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/06/poli ... index.html

Then you cannot dodge the heavy responsibility when the crazy people act on what you have said by going out and attacking the people you have demonised.
Maksutov:
Mayan Elephant:
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Brack wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:46 pm
This woman is obviously crazy. But Trump should not be responsible for what his voters do anymore than Bernie Sanders should be responsible for the man that shot Steve Scalise or any more than Obama should be responsible for the man that murdered 3 Baton Rouge police officers.

I will agree with you that Trump isn't responsible for the actions of this crazy racist woman in Florida. But I believe that Trump is mainly responsible for the storming of the storming of the US Capital by his ardent supporters.
Yeah, I don't think ajax knows what "incite" means.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

The US has become a dumping ground for everybody else's problems. Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
What exactly was untrue about this? Do you think it's wealthy Latin Americans who are coming into the US illegally?

The American worker was looking for someone willing to recognize the truth about illegal immigration for 50 years. Why is a country that is $20 trillion in debt looking to ramp up it's social welfare responsibilities? Even the amount of taxes that Kevin Graham supposedly pays won't even put a dent it what that will cost us.

Deomcrat elites in big government and big corporations just do not care about native born American citizens. This $15/hr minimum wage is a joke. If someone from the third world is willing to work for $2/hr, they'll bring them in and make you train your replacement. That's where our loyalty is at between one an another as a country.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:34 pm
Trump doesn't pay the taxes he should. By your logic we got a "black market President". You're so damned dumb.

But no, it isn't my job to validate anyone's employment. I assume the guy I hired doesn't run a legit business, but I could totally be wrong about that.

What you can't come to grips with is that he and other immigrants provide services in this country that no American will or in most cases, can.