Miami Doctor Attacks Hispanic "This is not Biden's Country."

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Miami Doctor Attacks Hispanic "This is not Biden's Country."

Post by Philo Sofee »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:01 am
If ajax is any indication, it's seems racism is mostly rooted in personal and/or economic insecurity. What's the cure for that?
Definitely welfare handouts until one can get back on their feet. Since Ajax hates that idea, his check will only be for $1.00/month.... that shouldn't alarm him too bad....
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:06 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
If ajax is any indication, it's seems racism is mostly rooted in personal and/or economic insecurity. What's the cure for that?
Lol. No.
No what?
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:34 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Definitely welfare handouts until one can get back on their feet. Since Ajax hates that idea, his check will only be for $1.00/month.... that shouldn't alarm him too bad....
Well, that might be part of it, but what I meant was that the wealth gap keeps getting bigger, and because these guys are dumb as a rock, rather than blaming the actual culprits (greedy corporations and tax law), they blame it on people who don't look like they do. It seems to me racism's practical applications are about maintaining ignorance and scapegoating.

And there's no doubt, people who are secure in who they are can't be racists. There has to be an issue in your psych for you to hold such idiotic ideas. Maybe an uncle screwed you when you were young; who knows? But you've got to have serious psychological issues if you are an enthusiastic racist (even if the issue is simply that you're dumb as a rock).
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:15 pm
Not that I'd expect anyone on Twitter could detect nuance, but I believe what's-his-nuts is insinuating that what's-her-nuts making the claim of white supremacy within the GOP is erroneous in the first place therefore she was never really a member of the GOP where white supremacy totes doesn't exist - she doesn't get it and she's a tool of the Left.
- Doc
I doubt that was Gorka's meaning.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:40 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:15 pm
Not that I'd expect anyone on Twitter could detect nuance, but I believe what's-his-nuts is insinuating that what's-her-nuts making the claim of white supremacy within the GOP is erroneous in the first place therefore she was never really a member of the GOP where white supremacy totes doesn't exist - she doesn't get it and she's a tool of the Left.
- Doc
I doubt that was Gorka's meaning.
You’re probably right. After googling him he seems to sympathize with Hungarian far-right types at best and actively promote xenophobia at worst. He was also a Trumper which tells me what I need to know.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Definitely welfare handouts until one can get back on their feet.
If welfare were only temporary. The de facto welfare program is disability. It takes at least 3 to 4 years to qualify. Once people get on it, only 0.04% ever return to legal work.

Since Ajax hates that idea, his check will only be for $1.00/month.... that shouldn't alarm him too bad....
No, that's about what I'd expect from liberal social programs. That's about how much I got in unemployment when I wasn't allowed to work for 6 weeks.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Ajax
No, that's about what I'd expect from liberal social programs. That's about how much I got in unemployment when I wasn't allowed to work for 6 weeks.
You weren't allowed to work? Sounds sinister.....