Will this Kind of Outrage Never Stop?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Will this Kind of Outrage Never Stop?

Post by ajax18 »

in my opinion: Chauvin is a psycho puffed up with his own power and authority. Don't think that will last long now...
Maybe he is. Yet besides happening to be white, I've yet to see any substantive arguments that Chauvin is a white supremacist. I'm sure they've gone through and scrubbed his social media by now.

Also interesting to me was that the autopsy didn't show any damage to George FLoyd's neck or trachea. And as the defense pointed out, you can't really tell if Chauvin's knee was on Floyd's neck or his shoulder.

Have any of you seen the the videos of St. George Floyd's previous behavior when he was arrested before? Probably not since youtube has censored them but I've seen them. He seemed to have a habit of "hooping," his drugs as a means to destroy evidence. He admitted as much in the video, "I ate too many drugs." This was why George Floyd couldn't breathe. He was complaining about not being able to breathe long before Chavin restrained him with a knee on his shoulder, which is approved police department procedure in Minneapolis for suspects in a drug induced excited delirium that Floyd was. Floyd was saying he couldn't breathe when he was in the squad car and begging the officers to crack the window for him which they did. Then he started gagging up the drugs he hooped.

George Floyd was a worthless criminal and burden upon the taxpayer. The fact that this lifestyle he chose has helped to make his family obscenely rich to the tune of $27 million at the expense of the American worker is the real outrage of this entire thing. It definitely would have been cheaper to just let Mr. Floyd drunk drive, deal drugs and not confront him about it. I almost hope they do defund the police. I can't see why anyone would be willing to do the job at this point. It's not even remotely worth it.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:05 pm
George Floyd was a worthless criminal and burden upon the taxpayer. The fact that this lifestyle he chose has helped to make his family obscenely rich to the tune of $27 million at the expense of the American worker is the real outrage of this entire thing.
You raise an interesting point. Even if you think it is morally commendable for a white cop to be the judge, jury, and executioner for the capital offense of doing drugs while black, perhaps cops should refrain from killing black people for the greater good of keeping the community from being sued.

I would think there are better motivations for police officers to refrain from murder, but this one is better than nothing, I suppose.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Analytics wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:06 pm
ajax18 wrote:
George Floyd was a worthless criminal and burden upon the taxpayer. The fact that this lifestyle he chose has helped to make his family obscenely rich to the tune of $27 million at the expense of the American worker is the real outrage of this entire thing.
You raise an interesting point. Even if you think it is morally commendable for a white cop to be the judge, jury, and executioner for the capital offense of doing drugs while black, perhaps cops should refrain from killing black people for the greater good of keeping the community from being sued.

I would think there are better motivations for police officers to refrain from murder, but this one is better than nothing, I suppose.
Reply to ajax. Derek Chauvin is a damned sadist who violated training and department policies, who knelt on the NECK of a human being for nearly 10 damned minutes until the man had no discernible pulse and then continued to kneel on a dead man's neck AFTER a trained paramedic couldn't find a pulse and STILL wouldn't get off his neck until the paramedic said it was time to pick up and roll.

Passing a counterfeit 20$ is NOT a violent offense. Becoming addicted to prescribed pain killers and then turning to rely on street drugs happens every day of the week in this country to people of all COLORS (which is the source of your inhumane treatment of this case) which is why opioids are RX'd only under heavily restricted use. Drug addiction isn't a "choice". It's a feature of our human brains.

You don't give two solid craps about police brutality unless it's perpetrated against a person of color and then you're all over it trying to drag the deceased victim of said brutality. You wouldn't spend two minutes watching a trial like this because the only "use" a person of color is to you is to promote your racist viewpoints. Otherwise Mr. Floyd isn't even a person to you. He is simply a prop to you.

So take your so-called opinion and shove it, ajax.

Doctor. :roll:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Analytics wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:06 pm
ajax18 wrote:

There's plenty of reasonable doubt that Chauvin's knee did not kill Floyd. Fentanyl slows your breathing plenty which would explain why Floyd's breathing trouble started before he had to be restrained. George Floyd was already high even before he hooped his remaining stash. The autopsy report showed Floyd's fentanyl concentration was high enough to kill a horse.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:42 pm

There's plenty of reasonable doubt that Chauvin's knee did not kill Floyd.
No. There is not.
Fentanyl slows your breathing plenty which would explain why Floyd's breathing trouble started before he had to be restrained.
His respiration rate was examined by experts and never slowed during the near 10 minutes he was being restrained.
George Floyd was already high even before he hooped his remaining stash. The autopsy report showed Floyd's fentanyl concentration was high enough to kill a horse.
Really? How much Fentanyl was in his system upon death? I want to see the numbers. Post them. Post them and then tell us how much Fentanyl it took to get Mr. Floyd high and how much it would have taken to kill him.

Do it or get off the damn thread.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Icarus wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:18 pm
It didn’t matter that Army Lt. Caron Nazario was serving his nation. It didn’t matter that he had apparently violated no law. It didn’t matter that he was respectful and tried to de-escalate the encounter. Only one thing mattered. He was a black man and the white cops wanted to put him in his place.

U.S. Army Lt. Caron Nazario told police he was “honestly afraid to get out” of his SUV, according to video of the incident. "You should be,” one officer said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/po ... a-n1263731

Why are these racist mother idiots allowed to be cops?
Gutierrez is a funny name for a white supremacist cop to have. I figured you'd leave that name out since it contradicts your narrative.
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

ajax18 wrote:
There's plenty of reasonable doubt that Chauvin's knee did not kill Floyd. Fentanyl slows your breathing plenty which would explain why Floyd's breathing trouble started before he had to be restrained. George Floyd was already high even before he hooped his remaining stash. The autopsy report showed Floyd's fentanyl concentration was high enough to kill a horse.
For the sake of argument, let's consider this hypothesis. Let's say Floyd was about to die anyway. In a situation where somebody in police's custody is dying, what should the police do?

A.) Call an ambulance
B.) Perform CPR
C.) Both A.) and B.)
D.) Do nothing and let him die
E.) It depends; if the suspect is black, kneel on his neck until he's been dead for several minutes, just to be sure
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Analytics wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:06 pm
ajax18 wrote:
For the sake of argument, let's consider this hypothesis. Let's say Floyd was about to die anyway. In a situation where somebody in police's custody is dying, what should the police do?

A.) Call an ambulance
B.) Perform CPR
C.) Both A.) and B.)
D.) Do nothing and let him die
E.) It depends; if the suspect is black, kneel on his neck until he's been dead for several minutes, just to be sure
For the sake of argument let's consider this hypothesis. Let's say 4 person team of responding LE felt they were about to be overwhelmed by a "crowd" of bystanders. What should the police do?

A.) Call for back up LE
B.) “F” it and use it as an excuse to continue subdual restraint of an unresponsive perp and continue using it until after the alleged perp is dead with no evidence of a pulse

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

https://ehlinelaw.com/blog/fact-check-floyd-fentanyl

It depends whether you believe the government autopsy or the expert hired by the family to do a different autopsy.

But Floyd was a convicted felon who once pistol whipped a pregnant woman while burglarizing her home. It doesn't surprise me that Jersey Girl who only watches CNN wouldn't know this.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
George Floyd was a worthless criminal and burden upon the taxpayer. The fact that this lifestyle he chose has helped to make his family obscenely rich to the tune of $27 million at the expense of the American worker is the real outrage of this entire thing. It definitely would have been cheaper to just let Mr. Floyd drunk drive, deal drugs and not confront him about it. I almost hope they do defund the police. I can't see why anyone would be willing to do the job at this point. It's not even remotely worth it.
Wrong and probably motivated mostly by your racism and determination to characterize anyone not like yourself or not in agreement with your own personal biases as "worthless."

Jersey Girl, I think, refuted your claim the best:
Mr. Floyd's girlfriend (God bless her) fully humanized him for the jury. She loved him. He was lovable. She still loves him. He had a life that wasn't all about drugs. He had a real life with real people in it, some flawed (including her) by drug addiction, but he still lived a productive and full life in spite of those conditions. He loved his mama, he fell apart when she died. He has children. For god sakes, the jury needed to hear her powerful testimony of love and life with him. He called both his mama and girlfriend, "Mama" so when he calls for "Mama" in the video, it's hard to know who he is calling for.
You are far too eager to label anyone you disagree with or is not like yourself as "worthless." George Floyd was not a paragon of virtue, but he was not worthless. I don't regard even you as worthless, but IMHO racial bigots and white supremacists like you come much closer to fitting that description than George Floyd does!
Last edited by Gunnar on Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.