Shout Out to Shulem!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Missing Sketch Theory?

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:21 pm
Or maybe Joseph Smith himself got rid of sketches showing jackal headed Anubis?

Smith is on record for micromanaging the Facsimiles (more especially No. 1 & 2) and made it clear exactly what he wanted printed in the Times and Seasons with reference to the Sacrifice Scene of Facsimile No. 1. Reuben Hedlock was under direct orders to do exactly what Smith personally instructed. The first installment (Part I) of the Book of Abraham was about to be published and Facsimile No. 1 would be included in that installment -- exactly how Smith wanted.

23 February 1842 • Wednesday wrote:visited the printing office. & gave R. Hadlock instructions concerning the cut for the altar & gods in the Records of Abraham. as designed for the Times and Seasons

Journal, December 1841–December 1842

Notice that Smith gave instructions for "the cut" (lead printing plate of Facsimile No. 1) and also of the gods before the altar. I think we can rightly assume that Smith also gave instructions concerning the cut in the final installment that featured Facsimile No. 3, wherein Smith ordered Hedlock to scrape off Anubis's nose. You can bet that Hedlock didn't do that on his own initiative but was under direct orders from the editor in chief, the President of the Church.

It was Smith who was directly responsible for Anubis's nose being scraped out. No blaming the scribes! It was Smith all along.

He took it!

Shulem
God

***SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT***

Post by Shulem »

WE INTERRUPT THE SHOW TO BRING YOU THIS SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE DESK OF SHULEM

After further consultation with my crystal ball, I've come to the following conclusion:

Smith did NOT remove the jackal snout from the papyrus of the sacrifice scene in the vignette of Facsimile No. 1, while in OHIO. I will no longer entertain that possibility. The list is hereby revised for further refinement. It was the Masonic connection with Anubis the Dog-star that would have led Smith to mutilate the papyrus for the same reason he mutilated the lead plate of Facsimile No. 3.

OHIO (late 1837 or early 1838)
1. Original papyrus fragments were brought to the table for gluing
2. Glue was applied to a large sheet of of paper backing
3. Papyrus was glued to the paper backing
4. The glued dried
5. POSSIBILITY the sketch doodles were drawn
6. The paper backing and papyrus were cut into pieces being readied for frames
7. POSSIBILITY the sketch doodles were drawn
8. The fragments were set in frames under Joseph Smith's management

NAUVOO (summer of 1839 to March 1842)
1. POSSIBILITY the fragment was removed from the frame
2. POSSIBILITY the sketch doodles were drawn
3. POSSIBILITY that the jackal head was removed from the GLUED fragment
4. POSSIBILITY the sketch doodles were drawn
5. POSSIBILITY that the jackal head was removed from the GLUED fragment
6. POSSIBILITY the sketch doodles were drawn
7. Later it was determined the knife would be placed in the left hand for publication
Last edited by Shulem on Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lem
God

Re: Shout Out to Shulem!

Post by Lem »

Hey Shulem, can you put date ranges on the Ohio and Nauvoo headings?
(I apologize sincerely for not knowing these dates off the top of my head! Really, really, I do!!!! :D )
Shulem
God

The Masonic Anubis connection in NAUVOO

Post by Shulem »

THE ORIGIN AND ANTIQUITY OF F 'R E E MAS 0 N R Y., ITS RITES ' AND CEREMONIES; TRACED FROM ANCIENT TO MODERN TIMES, IN A SERIES OF ESSAYS. wrote:
We may here remark that the Anubis, or Dog-Star, so useful to the Ancient Egyptians, is identical with the Blazing Star of Masonry in our day, a Symbol of Divine Providence, and emblematical of Prudence; and, although the Craft are ignorant of its origin as a Masonic Symbol, they are actually taught the moral drawn from its original emblematic use.

The meaning then, that has been handed down to Masons, of their Blazing Star completely identifies it with the Anubis, the Dog-Star.

click for link

Did Joseph Smith (Master Mason) adopt symbolism of the Blazing Star of Anubis into the Nauvoo temple while actively practicing the secret craft of Masonry? What evidence exists that might indicate Smith borrowed stole the Blazing Dog-Star?

Times and Seasons, 2 May 1842, p. 771; P.P. PRATT wrote:let him contemplate the changing seasons as they roll in hours and days, and months and years; let his thoughts reach to the starry heavens and view them in all their motions and revolutions—the sun in its daily course, the planets in their annual revolutions, the blazing comet as it moves afar in the wilds of ether, and returns from its journey of a hundred or a thousand years
Nauvoo Temple wrote:Image
THE MASONIC BLAZING STAR wrote:Image

Remphan is also known as the Dog-Star. The Dog-Star is known for its emersion or rising from the sun rays which is a regular commencement of the Nile river inundation. Various things show that the Israelites worshipped Remphan. The graves of lust or cemetery of Kibroth-Hattaavah contains some Israeli sculptures that closely resembles the hieroglyphics of the Dog-Star. The hieroglyphic language and the testimony of different religions show that the star was a symbol of a Higher Being. Ancient prophets recognized this, and Masonic instructors also do so.

Obviously, the Dog-Star (ANUBIS) is NOT a slave.

;)
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Berniebraham.jpg
Berniebraham.jpg (79.59 KiB) Viewed 2377 times
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

May I be the first to say 'Welcome back Dr Shades'?

Given current circumstances, some of us have been concerned by your recent absence from the board, so it is good to see you again.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Chap wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:37 am
May I be the first to say 'Welcome back Dr Shades'?

Given current circumstances, some of us have been concerned by your recent absence from the board, so it is good to see you again.

Right, even I noticed that, lol. Thanks for the posting the Facsimile No. 3 pic above, Dr. Shades. It just goes to show that the Catalyst Theory will become the only theory the Church will be able to sustain as it gradually increases distance away from the papyrus of the Book of Abraham and focus on the revelation resulting in just having the papyrus on hand to help unlock hidden mysteries.

The problem for the Church: The 1842 Church is not the same Church as the 2021 Church which is entirely made up of DIFFERENT people having different testimonies about what the papyrus represented and how it was used to produce the Book of Abraham through Smith's instrumentality accompanied by his cohorts.
Shulem
God

Timeline data

Post by Shulem »

LEM,

Here follows important information/data concerning the FACTS and TIMELINE of the events in question. Refer also to the first several pages of this important thread as mentioned earlier:

Pearl of Great Price Central Facsimile 1 as a Sacrifice Scene

Facsimile No. 1 published 1 March 1842
Facsimile No. 2 published 15 March 1842
Facsimile No. 3 published 16 May 1842

William Appleby (eyewitness) sees the PAPYRUS in May of 1841 (10 months prior to the first publication consisting of Facsimile No. 1)

His descriptions confirm that he must have seen the original vignettes later published as Facsimiles 1, 2, 3

William Appleby, May 1841 wrote:Today I paid Br. Joseph a visit, received instruction concerning 'Baptism for Dead.' Read the revelation as given by the Lord last January concerning the same, and recorded in the 'Book of the Law of the Lord' viewed four mummies, one male and three females, brought from ancient Thebes in Egypt, saw the rolls of papyrus, and the writings thereon, taken from off the bosom of the male mummy, being some of the writing of ancient Abraham and of Joseph, that was sold into Egypt. The writings are chiefly in the Egyptian language, with the exception of a little Hebrew, I believe. They give a description of some of the scenes of ancient Egypt, of their worship, their idol gods, and cetera. The writings are beautiful and plain, composed of red, and black ink. There is a perceptible difference between the writings. Joseph appears to have been the best scribe.
William Appleby, May 1841 wrote:There are likewise representations of an Altar erected, with a man bound and laid thereon, and a Priest with a knife in his hand, standing at the foot, with a dove over the person bound on the Altar with several Idol gods standing around it. A Celestial globe, with the planet Kolob or first creation of the supreme Being —a planet of light, which planet—makes a revolution once in a thousand years,—Also the Lord revealing the Grand key words of the Holy Priesthood, to Adam in the garden of Eden, as also to Seth, Noah, Melchizedek, Abraham, and to all whom the Priesthood was revealed. Abraham also in the Court of Pharaoh sitting upon the King’s throne reasoning upon Astronomy, with a crown upon his head, representing the Priesthood as emblematical of the grand Presidency in Heaven, with the scepter of Justice and Judgment in his hand. And King Pharaoh, standing behind him, together with a Prince—a principal waiter, and a black slave of the King. . . . There is also a vivid description given on the Papyrus, of the creation, far more accurately and minutely, than the account given in the Bible. Likewise where the Idolatrous Priest “Elkenah” attempted to offer up Abraham as a sacrifice to their Idol gods, in Egypt (as represented by the Altar etc. before referred to). But was delivered by the interposition of Almighty power, representing the Dove over the Altar, where Abraham lies Bound, which broke the cords by which he was bound, tore down the Altar, and killed the Priest.

Henry Caswall (eyewitness) 3 days in Nauvoo, including April 18th 1842

(Facsimiles 1 & 2 were already published the month prior)
Henry Caswall wrote:By some inexplicable mode, as the storekeeper informed me, Mr. Smith had discovered that these sheets contained the writings of Abraham, written with his own hand while in Egypt. Pointing to the figure of a man lying on a table, he said, "That is the picture of Abraham on the point of being sacrificed. That man standing by him with a drawn knife is an idolatrous priest of the Egyptians. Abraham prayed to God, who immediately unloosed his bands, and delivered him."

I note the following regarding Caswall's testimony:
Shulem » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:35 am wrote:We have another eyewitness who saw the original papyrus of Facsimile No.1 and described seeing the knife that must have been the penciled version on the paper backing of the papyrus mounted in a glass frame. This event took place just 1 month after the publication of the first installment of the Book of Abraham in the Times and Seasons. I refer to the eyewitness account meticulously recorded by Rev. Henry Caswall of his amazing visit to Nauvoo. Now, I'm not saying that Caswall didn't see a fresh copy of the newly published Facsimile No.1 featured in the Times and Seasons which he may have due to the fact he was admitted into President Smith's personal office where there may likely have been a copy and later visited the Times and Seasons press as detailed in his story, but I think his description of seeing the various fragments of papyrus from multiple scrolls proves he saw the original.

Here we see Caswall is instructed to examine the "picture" of various scenes ON THE VERY PAPYRUS fragments. The "drawn knife" described by Caswall has to be the one penciled in on the lacuna paper backing behind the glazed (glass) slide. This is very telling and confirms that Smith and his closest associates still endorsed the original knife that was drawn in the lacuna as a revelation but out of necessity would have to shift to the other knife published in the Times and Seasons seeing that is the one that would be viewed by the masses or the world at large. The papyrus would ever remain locked up in Smith's office inside the chest of drawers.

I would like to determine when the pencil doodle took place and IF Smith tore out the jackal head of Facsimile No. 1 out of necessity to maintain a coverup just as he did with the snout of the lead plate of Facsimile No. 3, because of a new understanding of the Blazing Star of Anubis in Masonry; therefore the so-called slave in Facsimile No. 3 must not be identified as Anubis, so the snout was removed from the lead plate.

I don't know when the lead plates for each Facsimile were made. I'm confident that Smith removed the snout because he was afraid that people would connect the dots and say, "Hey, that's Anubis, not a slave!"

It wouldn't surprise me if Smith defaced the original papyrus of Facsimile No. 3 (punched a hole in Anubis's face) and discarded any drawings of him that may have been in the Kirtland Papers. The snout being chiseled from Anubis's face in the printing plate of Facsimile No. 3, is indicative of a coverup.
Lem
God

Re: Timeline data

Post by Lem »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:46 pm
LEM,

Here follows important information/data concerning the FACTS and TIMELINE of the events in question. Refer also to the first several pages of this important thread as mentioned earlier....
Thank you so much!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:24 pm
Right, even I noticed that, lol. Thanks for the posting the Facsimile No. 3 pic above, Dr. Shades.
Did I really post Facsimile No. 3? Please look again, VERY closely. :-)
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024