Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: Meet PERFUME, MormonDiscussions.com's official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

Post by _Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:29 pm
Seems like a day when we could use some Perfume.
Yeah, I'm tired of breathing smoke too!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Gunnar wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:13 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:29 pm
Seems like a day when we could use some Perfume.
Yeah. My sinuses are fed up.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:18 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:13 pm

Yeah. My sinuses are fed up.
I got some good news today, though. My only sister, who had to evacuate her home in Estacada Oregon (near Portland) because of the Riverside Fire, texted me today that she was able to move back, and found everything still intact (sorry about the derail).
Last edited by Guest on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

That is good news. Estacada could have easily burnt to the ground.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:38 pm
Dear Perfumaniacs,

Perfume's brand-new single, "TIME WARP," debuted today just over three and a half hours ago as I type this. Showcasing their bottomless wellspring of creativity, they again treat us to a unique video format that I for one have never seen before.

Playing homage to the title of the song, the video appears to speed up, slow down, and reverse time throughout itself. A "making of" video from earlier showed how, in one spot, they recorded themselves at 1/3 time, then for the video itself they sped it up three times (1/3 x 3 = 1), with the end result looking like stop-motion animation, akin to the cyclops and dragon scene in the old "Seventh Voyage of Sinbad" movie from the mid-70s--a very cool and fun effect.

Not only that, but the entire Perfume team really outdid themselves showing the trio's natural beauty. Nocchi especially is on full display; you'll be asking yourself how a human being can possibly be this beautiful.

ENJOY!!
I'd give them an "A" for creativity and choreography. They're not bad musically either! I liked the M. C. Escher-like stage setting.

― Harlan Ellison
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

Gunnar wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 pm
I'd give them an "A" for creativity and choreography. They're not bad musically either! I liked the M. C. Escher-like stage setting.
I just discovered a real treat: Perfume has released a "making of" video for the above-linked single "Time Warp," something they very seldom do. In it, each member of the Holy Trinity was given a video camera and given permission to film whatever they wanted between takes. The result is an adorable compilation of the girls just being themselves, joking and playing around on set. Holy cow, even at age 31 they still are so cute and bubbly!

Prepare to smile:

The Making of Time Warp
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Meet PERFUME, MDB's official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

Post by Dr. Shades »

"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »