Joseph Smith & a LITERAL 3500 Year Old Abraham Autograph

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Joseph Smith & a LITERAL 3500 Year Old Abraham Autograph

Post by _Philo Sofee »

I asked several of you for your comments and critiques for the first chapter of my book, you know who you are, and I THANK YOU publically for all your wonderful criticisms, ideas, suggestions, and help. Since it's not going to see the light of day anytime soon, I decided to post the first chapter because it has, I think, important evidence that Joseph Smith did claim to have a literal 3500 year old Abraham autograph. Yes it's embarrassing to apologists today who now know the actual Egyptology says this will never do. So they try mightily to save Joseph Smith. It doesn't work. I have very good evidence for this in this chapter, and I see no reason not to share it with you here. It could end up being useful when this argument crops up as it does from time to time.
http://drpepaw.wixsite.com/backyardprof ... e-Evidence
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_DonBradley
_Emeritus

Re: Joseph Smith & a LITERAL 3500 Year Old Abraham Autograph

Post by _DonBradley »

Ah, I'm just at the beginning, Philo. But this looks interesting. I love Bayesian analysis!

Don
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I'll have to check it out soon.

There is no question that Joseph Smith is guilty of fraud and representing himself as one who could translate and interpret the ancient Egyptian. The man was a blatant liar and totally immersed in the practice of deception. It simply doesn't get any worse than Joseph Smith when it comes to lying and deceiving others.

The Mormon people believe Joseph Smith. Those beliefs were grounded in their testimony of the cult led by a man who took his own mother down the garden path. Mormons today who believe the Book of Abraham is inspired are also victims of Joseph Smith's lies. They pledge themselves to the cult and throw reason and logic out the window.

So many victims. So many lies.

The following links in WIKIPEDIA are excellent sources worth bookmarking to acquire quick information about the Joseph Smith papyrus and learn more about this controversial subject.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Papyri
Criticism of the Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Hypocephalus
Kirtland Egyptian papers
Book of Joseph (Latter Day Saints)
File:Facsimile 3 plate anubis.jpg
Last edited by Guest on Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
_zerinus
_Emeritus

Post by _zerinus »

Shulem wrote:I'll have to check it out soon.

There is no question that Joseph Smith is guilty of fraud and representing himself as one who could translate and interpret the ancient Egyptian. The man was a blatant liar and totally immersed in the practice of deception. It simply doesn't get any worse than Joseph Smith when it comes to lying and deceiving others.

The Mormon people believe Joseph Smith. Those beliefs were grounded in their testimony of the cult led by a man who took his own mother down the garden path. Mormons today who believe the Book of Abraham is inspired are also victims of Joseph Smith's lies. They pledge themselves to the cult and throw reason and logic out the window.

My testimony is grounded in the Book of Mormon, not in "a cult led by a man". The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is a book of scripture, revealed from heaven, no doubts about it.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

zerinus wrote:

My testimony is grounded in the Book of Mormon, not in "a cult led by a man". The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is a book of scripture, revealed from heaven, no doubts about it.

Well that takes care of it. Zerinus wins fool of the month, July 2017.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

zerinus wrote:

What about the Book Of Abraham, you know, the topic of the thread and of Shulems comment that you are responding to?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

zerinus wrote:My testimony is grounded in the Book of Mormon, not in "a cult led by a man". The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is a book of scripture, revealed from heaven, no doubts about it.

Your testimony is false. It is based upon lies created by Joseph Smith and the book (novel) he and his friends wrote. The Book of Mormon is a work of fiction, material stolen from various sources. It is no more true than the Explanations of Facsimile No. 3, more lies out of the mouth of Joseph Smith, founder of an American cult.

You are in a cult. You have pledged your life to a cult. You have submitted yourself to the cult founder, Joseph Smith. You are just as guilty as he is for spreading his lies and bearing false witness. There is no honor in living and defending lies.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I have a question wrote:What about the Book Of Abraham, you know, the topic of the thread and of Shulems comment that you are responding to?

The Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 in the Book of Abraham are absolute lies as is the Book of Mormon. These things came out of the mouth of a liar. Science and modern Egyptology have exposed Joseph Smith's fraud and have rebuked him. The early Mormons who followed Joseph Smith believed the Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 were literal translations from the Egyptian, true and correct. They believed that with all their hearts as much as they believed the Book of Mormon. That was the spirit of Mormonism -- lies and deception. Joseph Smith's professed holy ghost was nothing but the spirit of a liar.
_zerinus
_Emeritus

Post by _zerinus »

I have a question wrote:What about the Book Of Abraham, you know, the topic of the thread and of Shulems comment that you are responding to?
Whatever the topic of the thread is, Shulem also said this:

Shulem wrote:Those beliefs were grounded in their testimony of the cult led by a man . . .
Which is what I am replying to. I am informing him that my testimony is founded on the Book of Mormon, which is the word of God, not the words of a man.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

zerinus wrote:
Whatever the topic of the thread is, Shulem also said this:

Shulem wrote:Those beliefs were grounded in their testimony of the cult led by a man . . .
Which is what I am replying to. I am informing him that my testimony is founded on the Book of Mormon, which is the word of God, not the words of a man.

What's your view of the Book of Abraham?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')