The distance between Christianity and the 4 Gospels

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Rivendale
God

Re: The distance between Christianity and the 4 Gospels

Post by Rivendale »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:50 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:37 pm
I'm just catching up on this thread, so I apologize if someone already addressed this:

You appear to be confusing abiogenesis with other aspects of evolutionary theory.

Saying abiogenesis happened through random mutation is like saying we evolved from monkeys.

Outside of the stuffy halls of tweed, disagreements with science often arise from not understanding it, rather than its shortcomings.
Fixed it.

Have scientists explained the jump from inorganic matter to living cells? Organelles, cell wall, etc.?

Do you think it was random or not?

Regards,
MG
From a designer perspective how did life on earth start? Was it the result of the operation of natural laws and the right starting conditions (in the Big Bang)? Or was there an intelligent designer intervened to set the universe in motion, and then intervened again to begin life? If so, what exactly did that intelligent intervention produce and at what point? Did the intelligent designer start with self-replicating molecules and make them progressively more complex over the eons? Or did he/she/it instantly create algae, weeds, and trees, followed by fish and birds and dogs and bears and dinosaurs and insects and humans? In the past there was no barn owl and the next day, the intelligent designer introduced barn owls? The same question applies to every other species.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:46 pm

Brick wall.

Regards,
MG
Please elaborate.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:58 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:46 pm

Brick wall.

Regards,
MG
Please elaborate.
OK. Not to start a back and forth he said/he said thing, but are you obtuse? Willfully blind or ignorant? Don’t take it personally, but I don’t know where else to go with this with you. Go back, read my posts…seek and find…and you will see that I have already made good on qualifying the statements I’ve made, at the very outset.

I think it will be up to you, at this point, to show that I haven’t.

I’m not interested in going back and repeating myself.

I know that you would like to create a picture of a God that ought to intervene and make himself known at every turn, but that’s NOT what the scriptures say. For most of us it is required that we diligently seek before we find.

There have and are witnesses that have their encounters/experiences with God recorded for all to see. And it doesn’t matter if they happened to be on the way to Damascus or on top of a mountain. Or in a grove of trees. They were witnesses nonetheless.

And sure, it would be awesome if we could ALL have a similar experience. Some may. But for most of humanity it is required that we have a personal desire and are motivated to connect with our Maker and His Son. And that happens in MANY various ways and fashions around the globe. Seeking greater light and knowledge.

And the result may be an experience with the Holy Ghost/Spirit or the Light of Christ. If you have had any of these experiences. especially with the HG/Spirit you KNOW it is undeniable.

But some don’t or don’t care to. They’re too wrapped up either in themselves or the worldly distractions and influences.

I think I’m done with this train of conversation with you Morley unless you somehow force me to have to come back an clarify something that you are wrongly asserting.

Regards,
MG
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:57 pm
Morley wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:33 pm
MG 2.0

You're saying the reason God doesn't talk to us is that he is a hidden God and will only appear to those who fervently and sincerely seek him.
I think I’ve already been rather clear. With some scriptures to boot. 🙂

How does
MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:40 am
God is purposefully inscrutable unless we seek His face. It’s all in the design. Bottom up.
come from
7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Matthew 7:7-8

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

Telling you that I'll answer when you knock doesn't preclude me from paying you a visit.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:05 pm
Are we truly to believe that Brahma's creating the universe and life is more compelling than the theories that science has been able to develop through observation and testing?
Or in other words that I higher power than ourselves was the creator? I would say the evidence actually leans that direction unless you want to convolute things with multiverses and silly string.
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:05 pm
…theism is continuously creating more questions with no answers.
Again, I would say the opposite could be said. Science has just provided more questions than answers in regards to the topic we’re discussing. Theism simply entertains that there is a higher power responsible for the creation.

That’s not so complicated, is it? 😉

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:50 pm
Telling you that I'll answer when you knock doesn't preclude me from paying you a visit.
I haven’t said otherwise. If you happen to be ‘the one’ chime in and let us know.

Regards,
MG
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:47 pm
Morley wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:58 pm

Please elaborate.
OK. Not to start a back and forth he said/he said thing, but are you obtuse? Willfully blind or ignorant? Don’t take it personally, but I don’t know where else to go with this with you. Go back, read my posts…seek and find…and you will see that I have already made good on qualifying the statements I’ve made, at the very outset.

I know that you would like to create a picture of a God that ought to intervene and make himself known at every turn, but that’s NOT what the scriptures say. For most of us it is required that we diligently seek before we find.

There have and are witnesses that have their encounters/experiences with God recorded for all to see. And it doesn’t matter if they happened to be on the way to Damascus or on top of a mountain. Or in a grove of trees. They were witnesses nonetheless.

And sure, it would be awesome if we could ALL have a similar experience. Some may. But for most of humanity it is required that we have a personal desire and are motivated to connect with our Maker and His Son. And that happens in MANY various ways and fashions around the globe. Seeking greater light and knowledge.

And the result may be an experience with the Holy Ghost/Spirit or the Light of Christ. If you have had any of these experiences. especially with the HG/Spirit you KNOW it is undeniable.

But some don’t or don’t care to. They’re too wrapped up either in themselves or the worldly distractions and influences.

I think I’m done with this train of conversation with you Morley unless you somehow force me to have to come back an clarify something that you are wrongly asserting.

Regards,
MG
Oh, I know what you're saying. I'm asking you to justify it in any other way than that you extracted it from your nether regions. Where do you come up with this stuff?
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:55 pm
Morley wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:50 pm
I haven’t said otherwise. If you happen to be ‘the one’ chime in and let us know.

Regards,
MG
It was an analogy.

Because God says he'll answer your knock, doesn't mean he's saying that's the only way you will see him.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:56 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:47 pm

Regards,
MG
Oh, I know what you're saying. I'm asking you to justify it in any other way than that you extracted it from your nether regions. Where do you come up with this stuff?
Where do people come up with anything that they put to paper? And no, it’s not from where you insinuated.

Morley, you are just one more person that I’ve talked to along the way that causes me a bit of consternation. I don’t understand how critics can be so close minded to those things they SAY they are open minded to. It comes back to my gut feeling that many critics are black and white thinkers, fundamentalist in their approach to the world, and are unwilling to think new thoughts or express their own views.

The same thing THEY accuse religionists of doing.

Drives me nuts. Not really, but you know what I mean. 😉

I think we may have reached an impasse.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:59 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:55 pm

Regards,
MG
It was an analogy.

Because God says he'll answer your knock, doesn't mean he's saying that's the only way you will see him.
Have a nice rest of the day.

Regards,
MG