Question for KevinSim- biblical gospel articulation request

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Question for KevinSim- biblical gospel articulation request

Post by Philo Sofee »

Informant wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:41 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Are you doing drugs?
Right now? No.

As often as possible? Hell yea!
:lol:
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

KevinSim wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:46 am
msnobody wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:33 pm
I'm referring to the word- the Bible which tells of The Word-Jesus. The message to us about ourselves and about Jesus/God.
MsNobody, do you want me to believe the Bible is God's word because Latter-day Saint prophets have said it is His word, or are there other ways of knowing the Bible is God's word?
Read it and find out for yourself.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

It’s been real?, and if not real, it’s been fun (24 pages worth).

Surrender your heart to God, and you won’t be disappointed.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:53 pm

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:45 pm
msnobody wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:53 pm

Context, Doc? Say what you really want to say.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:49 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:45 pm

Context, Doc?
Does rolling one’s eyes at your continuous evangelizing actually need context? Your la-la-la-la’ing your particular version of Christianity is facile. The Jewish god, as described by their literary history, and by the New “Testament” should have the door shut in his face by every decent person; he should be shamed, ostracized, and excluded. You keep projecting your own needs onto a god of your own imagination because it’s most definitely not the Jewish god who kills capriciously and has a murderous history unrivaled by anything imagined as described by your ‘scriptures’.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:00 pm
msnobody wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:49 pm

Context, Doc?
Does rolling one’s eyes at your continuous evangelizing actually need context? Your la-la-la-la’ing your particular version of Christianity is facile. The Jewish god, as described by their literary history, and by the New “Testament” should have the door shut in his face by every decent person; he should be shamed, ostracized, and excluded. You keep projecting your own needs onto a god of your own imagination because it’s most definitely not the Jewish god who kills capriciously and has a murderous history unrivaled by anything imagined as described by your ‘scriptures’.

- Doc
Didn’t know that was an eye roll. Looked more like a headbob. Thank you for verbalizing your thoughts.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

KevinSim wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:44 pm
malkie wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:45 am
One of your claims is that people can themselves ask God questions and get answers directly.

Why should people believe you, and, apparently, disbelieve msnobody?
Malkie, if your goal is to find out the will of God in your life, then what else can you do? Granted, you can assume that God speaks through the Bible. But why through the Bible? Why not through the Vedas, or the Gathas, or the Adi Granth, or the Dhammapada, to name just a few of the books people consider to be scripture? Assuming God speaks through one of those books just seems so indirect. Why not ask God which one (if any) speaks for Her/Him before assuming one does?
Kevin, I have no such goal. I'm totally unconvinced that the god you are referring to (or any other one, for that matter) exists.

You ask some good/interesting questions. I assume you are aware of the fact that for many believers in a god they have found that he does speak "through the Vedas, or the Gathas, or the Adi Granth, or the Dhammapada, to name just a few of the books people consider to be scripture."

By the way, I notice that you still didn't answer my question, but instead asked me a series of related questions. Note that, to the extent that I could answer your questions I did so - if I had been a believer in your god I would have answered properly, but they presupposed a non-existent situation.

So, how about a direct answer to a clear, direct question, without further deflection and distraction:

Why should people believe you, and, apparently, disbelieve msnobody?

Are msnobody and her views and claims not worthy of as much respect as you and yours?
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

KevinSim wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:50 am
dastardly stem wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:29 pm
out of curiosity, what did He say?
He said that fools say there is no God.
Did he mean no god of any sort? or that only people who disbelieve in the god you believe in are fools?

How so? Surely he doesn't expect reasonable thinking people to believe without good reason. (although I know that, from my PoV, many do.)

Would you mind passing on a message to him? Could you tell him that if he wants people to believe in him (and I'm assuming from what you say that that is the case) he should provide some actual real and unequivocal evidence of his existence? Up till now he has been a lousy communicator.

Please return and report on his reaction. Thanks.

(PS: please answer my questions, if at all possible - I'm really not interested in your dodging the questions by replying with questions instead of answers.)
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

malkie wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:21 pm
KevinSim wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:50 am

He said that fools say there is no God.
Did he mean no god of any sort? or that only people who disbelieve in the god you believe in are fools?

How so? Surely he doesn't expect reasonable thinking people to believe without good reason. (although I know that, from my PoV, many do.)

Would you mind passing on a message to him? Could you tell him that if he wants people to believe in him (and I'm assuming from what you say that that is the case) he should provide some actual real and unequivocal evidence of his existence? Up till now he has been a lousy communicator.

Malkie the Psalm is not discussing why people should believe in god and makes no claim than anybody who does not believe is a fool. It is complaining that brutal criminal people act with disregard to other as if there was no god. If you are not treating others badly the Psalm is not about you.

I do not know if God wants you to believe in god or not or not. God might have other interests.