The Discuss Mormonism Podcast/YouTube Channel

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Joshua
Nursery

Re: The Discuss Mormonism Podcast/YouTube Channel

Post by Joshua »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:41 pm
I have been kicking around the idea of possibly taking our board community into the overcrowded podcast/YouTube world. Yes, it is overcrowded, but I am dying of curiosity to see what would happen if we enjoyed the new light a different medium would shed on what we have going on here.

I think it would be hilarious to call it the Shady Acres Mormon Podcast. Or some such. Lots of funny ideas can come out of this.

Or maybe Shady Acres Mormon Trailer Park Podcast? Is that getting too long?

We could dip back into the archives and discuss our best threads. Imagine the conversations with DrStak we might have! Our entire Cassius faculty, or at least willing members of the faculty, might be interviewed
You are approaching this incorrectly, in my opinion. It won't be very fascinating to build a podcast on this board because it is fairly small and unimportant. Except for the 20 or so regulars who post here, no one will care about what's being discussed here, you need to think bigger. Start a podcast/you tube channel first, then create your own forum that's dedicated to the topics you discuss on the show. That would be a lot more effective in the long run because it would be something new for all.

There's a reason this board is almost exclusively visited by men, it can be intimidating. Start your own board so women feel more comfortable voicing their opinion.
Salvete
CTR A

Post by Salvete »

I’m sorry I identify as male, Joshua.

I didn’t know it was possible to determine which gender a poster identifies as by their username. There are a lot of usernames here that contain the word “doctor”, but I don’t think we should assume that they also necessarily identify as male.
From the end spring new beginnings.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Joshua wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:23 pm
You are approaching this incorrectly, in my opinion. It won't be very fascinating to build a podcast on this board because it is fairly small and unimportant. Except for the 20 or so regulars who post here, no one will care about what's being discussed here, you need to think bigger. Start a podcast/you tube channel first, then create your own forum that's dedicated to the topics you discuss on the show. That would be a lot more effective in the long run because it would be something new for all.

There's a reason this board is almost exclusively visited by men, it can be intimidating. Start your own board so women feel more comfortable voicing their opinion.
Thanks for taking the time to chime in, Joshua. I appreciate the advice.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Salvete wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:02 pm
I’m sorry I identify as male, Joshua.

I didn’t know it was possible to determine which gender a poster identifies as by their username. There are a lot of usernames here that contain the word “doctor”, but I don’t think we should assume that they also necessarily identify as male.
Good point.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Joshua wrote:

sledge/informant/joshua really doesn't want this board to start a podcast. :lol: :D :lol:
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
DrStakhanovite
Elder

Post by DrStakhanovite »

Joshua wrote:
That just sounds awful.

Building a brand as content creators for the purposes of actually growing an audience isn’t a fun activity, but a soul-sucking endeavor that leads to a lot of personal and professional problems. I took the spirit of the Reverend’s OP as an invitation to add another dimension to the way we spend time together, not a call to be the next Open Stories Foundation.
bill4long
1st Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Sounds great, as long as this gal can be our "Maven"

The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
bill4long
1st Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Or perhaps this one for our "Maven." We can take a vote.

The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

:lol:
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Kish:

Maybe you should get with Bill Reel and see if he would be interested in putting this under his umbrella? Regardless of who joins you, I think you would have a lot of interesting things to say and maybe we could get a little more of your views of religion and how it could perhaps work? This thing needs a leader and you are fit for the job. You should go on with Philo, get interviewed by him, and see how that goes. I'm sure it would be great. And then you could jump off into leading round table discussions or whatever you wish to do.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.