Question for Mo Experts

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: Question for Mo Experts

Post by honorentheos »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:06 pm
I don’t think you worship ANY god.
This doesn't matter.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:39 pm
Bret Ripley wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:34 pm
Me? I'm just this guy, y'know?
Yes, you seem to be going to great lengths to prop up that impression; I figured you're just really into dramatic irony. Performance art and all that.
There’s a lot more to it than that, but thanks for sort of introducing yourself. As far as I can tell, although I’m not sure, you’re not a bot.
Gosh, you may be right. How can I tell if I'm a bot?
But who knows? A.I. has come a long way.
Oh. Thank you. (That's just on the off-chance I do turn out to be a bot -- at least I'm a pretty good one, apparently.)
Who ARE you anyway?
My defining characteristic is that I am a Notary. Say, I bet you didn't know that some historians trace the notarial tradition back to the time of Cicero? Also: Hebrews 12:1 refers to a "great cloud of witnesses," which when properly interpreted is a promise to Notaries about their blessed role in the next life. Yes, it is a deep and satisfying thing to be a Notary, something you could experience for yourself if you'd only give it half a chance.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:01 pm
I have spent time doing comparative religious studies.
Notice how our board liar and future resident of Yamaloka uses the phrase above. He thinks if he plays words games he can get away with lying to us for over two decades. He hasn’t studied anything other than Mormonism. “Doing comparative religious studies” is just another obfuscation to say he hasn’t studied anything.

When I made a pilgrimage to Gurudongmar Lake in India, which is considered sacred by many Indian faiths and sects, I was trying to imagine what Guru Rinpoche might have pondered, having had so many questions about life, existence, and the nature of the universe. It was there that the clouds parted, and a beam of golden light shown upon me, warming my chilled body at 18,000+ feet, to the point I shed my robe and proceeded into the lake, which felt like a warm spa! At that moment, when I reemerged (baptized I think) the Goddess Saraswati revealed herself to me. I asked her what was the true way, and she told me “that I can now cast off the lies of my religious upbringing, that she’ll show me her divine guidance so that others may hear and follow my example in faith and knowledge.”

I testify to you, MG, that you’re walking a dark path that only leads to eternal torment and suffering, and that you should watch the video I shared with you, pray the prayer I gifted you, and read the Rigveda, to know Saraswati and take part in her living waters just as I did.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

M.G.,

I echo Cam’s concern. I also testify to you, MG, that you’re walking a dark path that only leads to eternal torment and suffering. I hope you decide to take the classes and auditing by Scientology. Should you do so, you will know the freedom and peace by learning about Xenu and ridding yourself of engrams and body thetans. I pray that you will find the Bridge to Freedom as hundreds of thousands of other Scientologists have found.

I will leave you with this overwhelming piece of evidence that shows the power and truthfulness of Scientology. L. Ron Hubbard has published over 1,000 different books on how to improve the human condition. L. Ron Hubbard owns the Guinness World Record for the most published books. Ask yourself this, how could someone publish over 1,000 books to help mankind? It’s impossible unless L. Ron Hubbard had true enlightenment.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wo ... one-author
Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:44 pm
M.G.,

I echo Cam’s concern. I also testify to you, MG, that you’re walking a dark path that only leads to eternal torment and suffering. I hope you decide to take the classes and auditing by Scientology. Should you do so, you will know the freedom and peace by learning about Xenu and ridding yourself of ingrams and body thetans. I pray that you will find the Bridge to Freedom as hundreds of thousands of other Scientologists have found.

I will leave you with this overwhelming piece of evidence that shows the power and truthfulness of Scientology. L. Ron Hubbard has published over 1,000 different books on how to improve the human condition. L. Ron Hubbard owns the Guinness World Record for the most published books. Ask yourself this, how could someone publish over 1,000 books to help mankind? It’s impossible unless L. Ron Hubbard had true enlightenment.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wo ... one-author
I’ll add my testimony that this is true. What L Ron Hubbard did was a miracle and Dianetics has blessed my life in ways that would have been impossible without it. Pray and discover the truth for yourself.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

It is a wonderful thing that we each have the agency to choose that which we discern to be good/evil darkness/light.

Regards,
MG
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:39 am
It is a wonderful thing that we each have the agency to choose that which we discern to be good/evil darkness/light.

Regards,
MG
Moral clarity is an interesting thing.

Going back to the beginning of this thread: Was the priesthood ban ever actually "good"? I'd say no. There is no reason for it other than racial prejudice which was a cultural failure society is still attempting to advance from to a better way.

Acknowledging the evolution in the church's approach as a subculture moving at its own pace but in the same direction as it's parent culture, one finds moral clarity is in the progress made and the abandonment of past failings as we acknowledge them for what they are.

Or, you know, Euthyphro, you can assert whatever actions Mormon god chooses is good and light.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:54 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:39 am

Regards,
MG
Moral clarity is an interesting thing.

Going back to the beginning of this thread: Was the priesthood ban ever actually "good"? I'd say no. There is no reason for it other than racial prejudice which was a cultural failure society is still attempting to advance from to a better way.

Acknowledging the evolution in the church's approach as a subculture moving at its own pace but in the same direction as it's parent culture, one finds moral clarity is in the progress made and the abandonment of past failings as we acknowledge them for what they are.

Or, you know, Euthyphro, you can assert whatever actions Mormon god chooses is good and light.
But, if Elohim loved the priesthood ban as a matter of policy would that not make the priesthood ban good? And if banning Blacks from the priesthood was good and just, because what else could Elohim be, what are we to make of a Mormon who would say otherwise? The dilemma I see is that a Mormon can’t get ahead of themselves with regard to piety, less they show up Elohim and his dispensational prophet. That’s probably the biggest taboo in Mormonism besides not keeping your trap shut and not giving Elohim money for his absurd wealth management fund.

Anyway. MG is an ignorant shill willing to lie for his cult. *shrugs*

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:54 am
sweet
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:13 pm
My defining characteristic is that I am a Notary. Say, I bet you didn't know that some historians trace the notarial tradition back to the time of Cicero? Also: Hebrews 12:1 refers to a "great cloud of witnesses," which when properly interpreted is a promise to Notaries about their blessed role in the next life. Yes, it is a deep and satisfying thing to be a Notary, something you could experience for yourself if you'd only give it half a chance.

Common religious symbols of the Notary that everyone knows.